Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-20, 06:55 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Oof! Push pull total body premix is a toughie!!
I was never so glad as when I got interrupted and had to go back to finish, lol. The first half of the premix IMHO is harder.

at the beginning I don't know how the squat and the rows can be the same weight?? I have to go heavier for the squats than the bent over row.

I subbed in the tricep seesaw for the dips and didn't do all the calf raises because I thought two sets of that is excessive.

Definitely something I never would have done without you mentioning. Thanks!!
I ~just~ got done trying to do the premix and nope, even that laptop DVD player wouldn't have it today. It was freezing so badly I had to just do the regular workout twice through which is different than the premix where you're doing each set back-to-back (which is WAY harder so kudos to you, Fanofladyvols!).

I can't understand why the Supersets premixes are fine but not the Push/Pull...it's SO FRUSTRATING!! At least the workout twice through left me feeling very worked, but I think the premix would have left me even more so. I was thinking that during the lunges, like I would have been shaking and quaking if having to repeat those right away!

I'm so irritated with this freezing issue on Push/Pull that it's actually making me rethink whether I want to end my Body Blast rotation early and move on to Hardcore. Of course, I am not in a good mood today or this week due to work issues so that could be part of my mind frame.

I did also decide that Friday I'm going to substitute the regular SJP for the SJP/SB premix of the step and weights circuit, which I believe is all of the SB segments interspersed with the weight segments from SJP, because my body isn't really jiving on hi-lo so much these days.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 07:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yeah I was dripping with sweat during the he lunges. I actually enjoyed the lunges with heel lifted...reminded me of Firm days. I use a 2x4 though.
My body is gonna need more stretch tonight..how about you?

I'm sorry to hear about your freezing issue :-(
That was smart just going through twice though.
Maybe you can trade or buy it again during a black Friday sale?

I have the Hardcore series and am trying to decide whether to move on to that next. I have some Tracy's and Jari's calling me. Haven't decided.

I have never explored any premixes and probably won't do any in Gymstyles as it's pretty tough to me as is.
Please keep me posted though :-)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 10:38 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yeah I was dripping with sweat during the he lunges. I actually enjoyed the lunges with heel lifted...reminded me of Firm days. I use a 2x4 though.
My body is gonna need more stretch tonight..how about you?

I'm sorry to hear about your freezing issue :-(
That was smart just going through twice though.
Maybe you can trade or buy it again during a black Friday sale?

I have the Hardcore series and am trying to decide whether to move on to that next. I have some Tracy's and Jari's calling me. Haven't decided.

I have never explored any premixes and probably won't do any in Gymstyles as it's pretty tough to me as is.
Please keep me posted though :-)
I'm pretty sure it's just ~that~ DVD player (it's an Xbox), and I think the issue with the laptop was it was just overwhelmed with something else going on so the DVD wouldn't play right. I'd hate to buy another copy and find out I still have the same issues, and I certainly wouldn't trade it to someone if I thought they might have the same freezing problem. Sigh!!

I'm still trying to decide what to do for next week. I have the Gym Styles coming soon (from a fellow Vfer, thank you!) and yes, with all of the Hardcore workouts, the only reason I'd use a premix is to shorten something to combine with another workout, not to make them longer! They are already hard enough as it is, I agree! While I'm not familiar with the Gym Styles, everything I've read about them has me skeered!

So I'll keep you posted on whatever I decide to do!
Old 02-06-20, 11:18 AM  
fanofladyvols

Lol, when you said skeered!

I didn't even do all the calf raises and my stinking calves are still sore. I'm glad I backed off the repeat of that. I'm doing only gentle stretchy today.

Also I meant trade something else to get a different copy...not trade that one. Sorry that didn't make sense the way I posted.

I actually acquired my Gymstyles from another VFer too. VFers are the best!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 02-06-20, 11:27 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Lol, when you said skeered!

I didn't even do all the calf raises and my stinking calves are still sore. I'm glad I backed off the repeat of that. I'm doing only gentle stretchy today.

Also I meant trade something else to get a different copy...not trade that one. Sorry that didn't make sense the way I posted.

I actually acquired my Gymstyles from another VFer too. VFers are the best!!
Hah...and my rear shoulders are SORE today because on the Fonzie raises, I used 3 pound dumbbells yesterday! The rest of me is pleasantly sore, but I know KPC will get the kinks out because it did last week. But then again, by Friday last week, I was crazy sore, so maybe not!!

Ohhhh on the trading...I'm sorry I misunderstood what you wrote, hah! Total duh moment for me, sorry about that!

Yep, I really need to go through my stuff and maybe come up with a trade list and/or list for the Roost. I'm still looking for more workouts I had disregarded before, because I keep changing my mind about what I like lately, go figure! Vfers are indeed the best!
Old 02-06-20, 11:59 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
There are days I wish I didn't have so much variety. I can't believe I'm saying that lol! But I remember rotating Jari Love and Christi Taylor workouts. That was pretty much all I had. How times have changed.
I hear that! I am a total variety junkie and my collection just keeps growing. I can't help it..I love them all!

I just got a bunch of older Cathe workouts too and am having SOOOO much fun adding the into my rotation. What I find is that Cathe rarely disappoints. Yes there are some workouts I personally don't care for, but MANY of them that I really do like!

I'll be a Cathe fan forever but also have other instructors I just can't live without. The more the merrier??? Ha

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 12:24 PM  
manleym

Kittybug, that is so extremely frustrating! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the premixes!! GRR!! And sorry you're having a hard week at work. I hope it gets better soon.

I'm going to do a SJP/SB premix next time. I've done SJP as is last week and on Monday and while I really like the step at the beginning and the low impact at the end, the hi/lo and weights in the middle makes me want to be finished. I don't know what it is - maybe going back and forth between hi/lo and weights???

Like ya'll, I just got all 3 Gym Styles and RS + IM + MIC in a trade. VFers are the best!

I've also been thinking about adding someone else in just to mix things up a bit. While I love Cathe and I have really loved Body Blast workouts, I might throw someone else in for variety. Not sure yet.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 12:46 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Kittybug, that is so extremely frustrating! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the premixes!! GRR!! And sorry you're having a hard week at work. I hope it gets better soon.

I'm going to do a SJP/SB premix next time. I've done SJP as is last week and on Monday and while I really like the step at the beginning and the low impact at the end, the hi/lo and weights in the middle makes me want to be finished. I don't know what it is - maybe going back and forth between hi/lo and weights???

Like ya'll, I just got all 3 Gym Styles and RS + IM + MIC in a trade. VFers are the best!

I've also been thinking about adding someone else in just to mix things up a bit. While I love Cathe and I have really loved Body Blast workouts, I might throw someone else in for variety. Not sure yet.
YES, I feel the SAME WAY about SJP, like the hi-lo/weights was too disjointed for me or something (and also made me want to be done, hah)?? I think doing it with the SB segments plus the weight segments will be fun though...we'll see!

On adding in other instructors, yeah, I've been sorely neglecting my Leah workouts with this little venture of mine but am not sure how I would add her in right now. Maybe some of her stretching stuff...I have to be really careful with that though because some of it can aggravate SI issues for me.

Glad you also got the Gym Styles and the RS compilation!
Old 02-06-20, 04:39 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:

Actually, the premixes are easier. I liked the Timesaver ones because I felt like the full workout was overkill.
Old 02-06-20, 05:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Actually, the premixes are easier. I liked the Timesaver ones because I felt like the full workout was overkill.
They're easier? Do they skip sets or exercises?

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in