Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-11-20, 07:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I think tomorrow Imax 3 is going to be on just the platform since I still don't really know it. The last time I tried it, I caught my foot because I didn't know where it was going and went up in the air horizontally, landing HARD on my shin, hip, knee, and hand! My entire shin was bruised for weeks and I'm still shocked I didn't hurt myself more than that! Needless to say, I will be taking it slow to learn!
Aiyaya...I forgot to mention this made me cringe. I fell chasing after my son on Christmas Eve and slipped down 7-8 garden rock steps on my forearm and side rear. I don't know how I didn't break my arm. Maybe my pear shape came in handy for once?? But those bruises took forever to heal on my side butt cheek and arm. So yeah, that's a hard lesson to learn and one you don't forget.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 06:31 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Great idea about the platform and like all of the mods suggested. I will do the same with Imax 3 since I've never done it. Looks like there's a lot of jumping on and off the step so just the platform will be better for learning it. When I was previewing it today there's one move where I thought, "Oh no! There's NO WAY I'm doing that with 2 risers on each side!!!"

Stay strong my fierce friends!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Aiyaya...I forgot to mention this made me cringe. I fell chasing after my son on Christmas Eve and slipped down 7-8 garden rock steps on my forearm and side rear. I don't know how I didn't break my arm. Maybe my pear shape came in handy for once?? But those bruises took forever to heal on my side butt cheek and arm. So yeah, that's a hard lesson to learn and one you don't forget.
Oh my goodness, fanofladyvols, that makes ME cringe, but also, it makes me kind of laugh because I thought the SAME THING about my booty and carrying most of my weight in my lower body and how that probably saved me a broken bone, hah hah hah!!! I'm so glad you were not hurt worse too! I think it shows how fierce you are.

I just finished Imax 3 and am SO GLAD I did it on the platform only because it was HARD enough as it is! Plus I still flub up the footwork in a few places, and she moves pretty fast. I'm going to have to continue doing this on just the platform until I feel comfortable with what's 'coming next' like I am with Imax 2, but then again, I am not sure I'll ever feel the need to add risers. It's intense, intense, INTENSE!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 01:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

Good for you Kittybug!
And yes I don't blame you for laughing about the fall I had. I can laugh about it now, too.

So today I did Cathe Xtrain Legs warm-up; Gym style Legs Timesaver 49 min premix; Total body stretch stability ball #1

If you're curious why I bookended Gym Style Legs with Xtrain and Total body stretching because I don't think they have enough for what I need.

Once again I have discovered a premix that I prefer to the main workout. It has a nice mix of standing weight work and floorwork. The premix is how I will do this workout from here on out.
It definitely has a cardio effect on me, too. . The pace of standing work and floorwork took me by surprise. I don't remember Gym styles being that fast in execution.

Tomorrow I won't be doing any Cathes. See everyone again Thursday with back/shoulders and other stuff.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 02-12-20, 12:27 PM  
manleym

I did Gym Style Legs complete workout and am still feeling it from Monday! I liked that the moves were different, especially floor work using tubing. Seems like recent workouts have moved away from floor work so I think it was good for my muscles to work in that way. I will definitely come back to this one.

Yesterday was Low Max premix Intervals 1-4 and Chest/Triceps Timesaver #1. Kittybug, you are a BEAST for doing ALL OF THOSE PUSH UPS!!!!

Today will have to be something quick. I'm thinking just the kickbox section of Kickmax or the blasts from Kickmax. Or Low Max Intervals 4-7. Will have to see how much time I have.

Tomorrow I'm going to ATTEMPT Imax 3. I'm dreading it so I may only do Intervals 1-5. I'm going to take yall's advice and only use the platform. My knees are already quaking with FEAR!!!

ETA: So Kittybug, are there any other Cathe workouts you would compare to IMax 3 in terms of difficulty? Tabata? HIIT? Crossfire? HIiT Lower Body Circuit? I'm trying to psych myself up!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 06:54 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Good for you Kittybug!

Once again I have discovered a premix that I prefer to the main workout. It has a nice mix of standing weight work and floorwork. The premix is how I will do this workout from here on out.
It definitely has a cardio effect on me, too. . The pace of standing work and floorwork took me by surprise. I don't remember Gym styles being that fast in execution.

Tomorrow I won't be doing any Cathes. See everyone again Thursday with back/shoulders and other stuff.
I too thought GS Legs had a cardio effect on me! Enjoy your day off, get some rest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I did Gym Style Legs complete workout and am still feeling it from Monday! I liked that the moves were different, especially floor work using tubing. Seems like recent workouts have moved away from floor work so I think it was good for my muscles to work in that way. I will definitely come back to this one.

Yesterday was Low Max premix Intervals 1-4 and Chest/Triceps Timesaver #1. Kittybug, you are a BEAST for doing ALL OF THOSE PUSH UPS!!!!

Today will have to be something quick. I'm thinking just the kickbox section of Kickmax or the blasts from Kickmax. Or Low Max Intervals 4-7. Will have to see how much time I have.

Tomorrow I'm going to ATTEMPT Imax 3. I'm dreading it so I may only do Intervals 1-5. I'm going to take yall's advice and only use the platform. My knees are already quaking with FEAR!!!

ETA: So Kittybug, are there any other Cathe workouts you would compare to IMax 3 in terms of difficulty? Tabata? HIIT? Crossfire? HIiT Lower Body Circuit? I'm trying to psych myself up!!
I hear you on the legs! And today, I did the back/biceps/shoulders only to realize that geez, my upper body was still not fully recovered from chest and triceps! BBS didn't seem nearly as bad as CT, but now that I'm done, my upper body feels totally FRIED. And I wonder how I'm going to feel by next week....I don't think those push-ups will happen all on my toes, like, ever again!

I usually gravitate to more endurance or metabolic training, so this kind of weight lifting is different for me, and I'm really curious how it will pan out!

Manleym, I really wish I had liked Kick Max. I don't know if I am comparing it to Kick, Punch, and Crunch which I just ADORE or what, but I never could enjoy it. But I wish I could!

And as far as comparison to Imax 3, I feel like Tabata is way worse somehow, but it's been a while since I've done it, so take that with a grain of salt. At least Tabata is shorter than Imax 3, so there is that! I've also only ever done RWH Lower body Circuit, Crossfire, and To The Max one or two times each, and that was a while back, so I can't remember....I know they were all really hard, but as far as comparing, I wouldn't be a reliable source until doing them again! You'll have to let me know your thoughts on Imax 3!
Old 02-12-20, 07:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Manley I'm cheering you on tomorrow for IMAX!
I can do that from my serene yoga vibe, hehe.

kittybug my past experience taught me to really separate the upper body workouts in Gym styles...and I don't even do all the pushups. I alternate the pullups and pushups.

I will update you guys on whether I do a premix or the full workout. But I gotta say I love the worked out feeling but not crushed I have been feeling with the premixes.

Old 02-13-20, 12:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello you Fierce Women!!! I am so proud of what you all do!!! GREAT rotations!

Just a couple of notes:
I'm 57 and I am still doing Cathe (and other hard workouts). Keeps me young!

I also often just use my riser for new step workouts. Good way to learn the routine without hurting yourself.

So I'm not following any specific rotation, just pulling out some older Cathe's that I either haven't done or it's been a long while.

Everyone's comments about being so sore is no joke! This week I did Pure Strength Strong Legs & Abs on Tuesday and then did Maximum Intensity Cardio on Wed. My legs, especially inner thighs and hip flexors were SO SORE last night! I mean limping sore! Haven't been that sore for a while. I think I need to schedule my workouts a little better because putting Cathe step cardio after Cathe leg work is wicked (and probably not too bright).

Keep up the great work! You have inspired me!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 12:50 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:

kittybug my past experience taught me to really separate the upper body workouts in Gym styles...and I don't even do all the pushups. I alternate the pullups and pushups.
I think I'm going to take this advice on this one and rearrange my rotation for next week accordingly! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

Just a couple of notes:

I also often just use my riser for new step workouts. Good way to learn the routine without hurting yourself.

So I'm not following any specific rotation, just pulling out some older Cathe's that I either haven't done or it's been a long while.

Everyone's comments about being so sore is no joke! This week I did Pure Strength Strong Legs & Abs on Tuesday and then did Maximum Intensity Cardio on Wed. My legs, especially inner thighs and hip flexors were SO SORE last night! I mean limping sore! Haven't been that sore for a while. I think I need to schedule my workouts a little better because putting Cathe step cardio after Cathe leg work is wicked (and probably not too bright).

Another Fierce Friend!!! Yay!!!!! And oh, my, MIC...I haven't done that in YEARS and am sure I'd be limping after it too! Hmmm....might have to see about revisiting that one since I just recently acquired the DVD it's on. And yeah, I did half of Low Max after having done GS Legs the day before...NOT SMART. You all are keeping ME inspired! Thank you!
Old 02-13-20, 02:32 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I too thought GS Legs had a cardio effect on me! Enjoy your day off, get some rest!!

I hear you on the legs! And today, I did the back/biceps/shoulders only to realize that geez, my upper body was still not fully recovered from chest and triceps! BBS didn't seem nearly as bad as CT, but now that I'm done, my upper body feels totally FRIED. And I wonder how I'm going to feel by next week....I don't think those push-ups will happen all on my toes, like, ever again!

I usually gravitate to more endurance or metabolic training, so this kind of weight lifting is different for me, and I'm really curious how it will pan out!

Manleym, I really wish I had liked Kick Max. I don't know if I am comparing it to Kick, Punch, and Crunch which I just ADORE or what, but I never could enjoy it. But I wish I could!

And as far as comparison to Imax 3, I feel like Tabata is way worse somehow, but it's been a while since I've done it, so take that with a grain of salt. At least Tabata is shorter than Imax 3, so there is that! I've also only ever done RWH Lower body Circuit, Crossfire, and To The Max one or two times each, and that was a while back, so I can't remember....I know they were all really hard, but as far as comparing, I wouldn't be a reliable source until doing them again! You'll have to let me know your thoughts on Imax 3!
Me too Kittybug! I usually do total body endurance/metabolic so these splits are different for me. They're making my muscles respond and work differently and I'm feeling it, which is a good thing! I will be interested to see what our results are.

And again, like you (cuz we were separated at birth ) Kickmax isn't a favorite but I kept it because I found it as HPB (used book store) for 90 cents. I found it and SJP/SB each for 90 cents and they were my 1st Cathe purchases. It's been a LONG time since I've done it and think I'll keep it for the blasts and leg work more than the kickboxing. I didn't do KMax yesterday after all. I did Tracie's Core Movements 4 and it felt great! After doing these heavy weights I needed the stretching, flexibility, and mobility. Thanks Fanofladyvols for the reminder about Tracie's Core Movement workouts!

Thanks for the feedback on IMax difficulty, Kittybug. I have done all of Tabata, Crossfire, and RWH Lower Body Circuit so I'm hoping if I can get through all of those I can do all of IMax 3. We'll see though! RWH Lower Body Circuit has a dread factor for me and I have TTM, but don't think I've ever done it. Or maybe just sections, but for some reason I reach for other workouts instead. I know IMax 3 will be tough but am hoping I can get through at least the first half.

Quote:
Thank you Fanofladyvols! As you are relaxing in corpse pose, think of me gasping for air and dying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

Just a couple of notes:

Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration KateTT! You are AMAZING!! I haven't done MIC (just recieved it) but I can't imagine doing Pure Strength Legs and then MIC!! I've read it is TOUGH!! You are a WARRIOR!! And yay for you for still going strong! I'm 5 years behind you and want to keep doing Cathe as long as I can. Working out makes a HUGE difference!

Come join us on our journey!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 02:59 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, AKA my long-lost sister (yes, we were separated at birth!! ), you got those for 90 cents??????? THAT IS SO AWESOME! Wow, I wish I could find some local deals like that! And you and fanofladyvols are making me remember that I have a whole ton of Tracie's workouts like the Grand Totals and others that I bought when they were on a huge sale and I still haven't even tried. Vfer problems, right?

I think you'll be totally fine for Imax 3!! I thought about this last night and realized why I think Tabata is worse...it's like doing blast after blast after blast with hardly any breaks, and the supposed 'breaks' still involve an 8-inch step! Ack!! At least in Imax 3 you get actual step combos that aren't always trying to kill you!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in