Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-20, 10:46 AM  
sherry7899

My back is still cranky, but I am going to try to do gentle yoga later. I just did meditation yesterday. I think I tweaked my back cleaning out our curio cabinet. My DH and I did not agree on the location of the piano before it was delivered. I wanted to leave our curio cabinet where it was, and he thought it would be better on another wall. I agreed to try, and had to clear out all six shelves, which involved bending and twisting to get everything out and 15 trips up and down the stairs to put all the fragile items where our cats could not bother them.

After he moved the cabinet, he agreed with me that it looked best right where it had been and he moved the empty cabinet back, and I had to put everything back-more bending, twisting and stairs. Sigh...

The piano is an upright piano. We would not have space for anything larger, so I am glad it fits. It is white, which is unusual, but it is very pretty. I am going to call around to find a tuner. We got names from two friends who played.

I took lessons for four years while growing up, but I don't remember much. I am going to try to teach myself a little through books and you tube . My DH and son have a mild interest also.

As far as our cats, our two male cats do not care. They are well behaved. Our female cat Mila (the tuxedo in my photo) walked all over it and then also figured out that she could jump from the piano to the top of our curio cabinet! I put two milk crates up there to block the top of the cabinet for now. I will try and find some decorative baskets to put up there instead. She is a climber and loves heights. When she was a kitten, she scaled our curtains and hung from the curtain rod, and she can also jump from the counter above our dishwasher straight up onto the top of the cabinet above the dishwasher. She can also jump from the top of that cabinet through the air over the sink to the cabinet on the other side of the sink! We love her, but she is a royal pain with getting into things.

Margot, I am so glad you are okay !

Pat, thanks for posting about the air fryer. That is the reason I have not bought one. They seem like the ones that you can fit more than a tiny amount of food in are space hogs. I debated the one that fits on the Instant Pot lid, but that seems like you can hardly cook anything in it at a time. I hope you have good luck selling it.

Cyana, once I sleep on my hair, most of the curl is gone....I have to dampen it and put in styling products to get the curl back. It is a pain sometimes.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 09:35 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~practiced some Essentrics Precho 9 trademarks
~Walking Online: Retro - This was fun, great music, about 30 min. This is a much better fit for me than Body Groove, I love the music and no talking. It holds my attention as I have to watch for her cues. I am doing a 7 day trial & won’t renew for now. I can see myself doing a month here and there like I do with Ellen’s streaming.
~YC: Restore at the Wall - This was okay, but I much prefer Andrea’s Yin at the Wall on MFML.

Sherry - Hope your back is better soon! Pets are like kids, they’ll get into mischief when the opportunity presents itself, lol.

Margot - That definitely sounds like quite the hike! Like Pat’s DH, mine would also have a crack about Sarah’s Crack, lol!

Pat - The air fryer sounds like quite the weighty space hog! I picked up a nearly new one last week at goodwill, after dropping stuff off, lol. It’s not very big but does a great job on roasted potatoes & sweet potatoes, very quick & just enough for two. Haven’t tried anything else. Not sure if I’ll keep it, but I’m not out much $ if I don’t . I think I’ll look at a combo air fryer/pressure cooker if my IP conks out, a friend has a Ninja Cooker & loves it. But I expect my IP to keep on going for quite a while. I agree with Sherry, unless you have the 8 quart IP, the air fryer attachment would be too small in the 6 quart.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 09:56 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

I was fully awake at 4 am this morning, so got up and did some baking.

Today was:
- 1 hour walk through the wash, down to another neighbourhood and back
- PA Tom McCook again. A good one for spinal work, the shoulders and feet, so DH did it with me.
- Mimi K-D Qigong for Healthy Joints, Muscles and Tendons. I see she has released 2 more in this series: Qigong for Regulating Energy and Qigong for Mental and Emotional Well-being. They are filmed outside in beautiful surroundings. I’ll be buying these when I get home.

Pam - My DH and DS had a good laugh at the name too! Glad you found a better fit for you. Like you, I like to dip in and out of Ellen’s streaming from time to time.

Pat - Thank you for your review on the air fryer. It’s too bad it didn’t work out for you after all the effort of getting it home.. I looked at buying one of these but nowadays stop and think about how much I’m going to use something before taking that leap. I’ve bought other appliances in the past, such as a juicer and an ice-cream maker that only got used once or twice.

Sherry - Your white piano does sound so pretty. Cats do like to climb up high. Your Mila is a trapeze artist. Hope you feel better very soon.

Waves to all!
Old 01-29-20, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Here's my Day 36 report, all from Glo:

~ Inner Sanctuary meditation with Amy Ippoliti
~ Practice to Relieve Stress with Rod Stryker

The hatha with Rod Stryker was different. He incorporated breathing techniques with each move, such as going into uttanasana while exhaling 6 times, then 7, etc., then incorporating breath holding. Some of the moves were flowy, again with numbered exhales, inhales and holds. Afterward was a seated breath meditation with the same principles. I could feel stress falling off in chunks!

I'm sorry to hear about your back, Sherry. A cleaning project like that is what sent me to PT. I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy the piano. If it were a white grand piano I would be calling up images of Liberace and you would have to hunt the yard sales for candleabbra.

Pam, nice routine! Your air fryer sounds nice and manageable.

Margot, your qigong practices sound lovely. Yuck on waking up at 4:00 though.

Last word on my H. Stone - I got four hits from Facebook Marketplace who wanted to haggle down to ridiculous prices which I refused. In the evening I got a ping from one of my massage therapists (the expensive and better one who I rarely can afford) and she wanted it! an hour cupping massage with her is the exact same price I wanted, so we bartered. Now I can get a massage to recover from the Journey of a Thousand Miles. ROTF
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 11:11 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning,

I tried to exercise a bit this morning. I did:

Yoga Upload morning practice 15m
Soul Sweat with Chantal 5/25- 20 minutes of the class

Pat-I am so glad you could barter a session for the air fryer. That is great!
I need to try Yoga Glo at some point, but I already have so much yoga.

My back is healing (fingers crossed) It is more tightness/stiffness than pain. Moving felt good.

Cleaning projects usually bug my back....I had hoped to start using weights again this month, I have to put that off.

Margot, you always do such a lovely combination of workouts. What did you bake? I made chocolate chip muffins on Monday. Our son has been home a lot, so they are almost gone I am making blueberry next. I bought whole milk to use for muffins since that adds so much moisture compared to the skim milk that I drink. It doesn't up the calories/fat much since it's only one cup used in the recipe, but makes a huge difference in the texture.

Yes, Mila is a trapeze artist...she is not boring, that is for sure!

Liberace wasn't the only one known for white pianos We are instead thinking John Lennon! My DH said Elvis used them as well. Freddie Mercury did also.

Pam, I am glad you like Walking Online workouts. I like them as well, but I can't do walking workouts much since they bug my hip flexors. I really like her outdoor settings and music-things I wished for years that Leslie would do.

I am getting a new Kindle Fire HD 10 today. The one I bought in November of 2017 stopped charging or holding a charge I got Amazon to agree to give me 30 percent off the new one since it's out of the one year warranty, plus I had Amazon visa reward points and gift cards, so I spent very little on it. I hope I can set it up quickly and that it lasts longer than this one did! I read that they changed the port where you plug in the charger which is what supposedly caused the problems with the 2017 model. I saw a ton of other complaints about the 7th generation one I had. I don't have a smartphone or a dependable lap top (we have two ancient desktop Dell computers and my DH and son each have a laptop) so it's my main internet source when I'm not using the desktop.

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 07:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~neighborhood walk
~Essentrics PCW 7 - standing
~MFML: Go Slow Floor Flow
~headstand & legs up the wall

Sherry - Enjoy your new Kindle! Your muffins sound delish, you & Margot are making me hungry!

I finished my 40 day yoga sadhana today!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-30-20, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Nothing to brag about and I'm skipping a Sadhana day. I got the first round of Shingrix vaccine in the a.m. and it caused my arm to hurt. It was also very fatiguing. I feel great today - perhaps from the enforced rest?

Sherry, good luck with your back. Good point about John Lennon's white piano, can't believe I thought of Liberace first. Though I really did love the guy. Enjoy your new Kindle, sounds like it was worth reaching out to Amazon.

Good morning Pam and all the lovely yoginis who check in today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-20, 11:49 AM  
Margot

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was:
- 90 minute walk along the shoreline at the State Park. We came across a coyote in our path, saw a few cute rabbits, quail and one large white bird with long legs. It was too far away to identify but had the look of a heron. The doves are small and sandy-coloured here. They’re so sweet but unfortunately are fair game for hunting.
Other short workouts:
- Body Groove Mindful Movement Series 2 (I did about 15 min)
- Adrienne - Nourish, Day 28 of her new program (17 min)
- PA Kathryn Ross-Nash - a short standing workout with weights (15 min)
- Mimi K-D Qigong for Regulating Energy - Aligning with the Natural World. I couldn’t resist buying her 2 new downloads.

Sherry - Your muffins sound . I agree, having the higher fat content in the whole milk really makes a nicer muffin. I made some healthy granola. I usually finish it in my dehydrator at home but managed to find a way to make it crispy in the oven here. I also made a dairy-free vanilla custard pie. It would probably be nicer with dairy, but I can’t eat any dairy products at the moment. Hope you like your new Kindle Fire and look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Pam - Congratulations on completing your Sadhana. I’m going to start a meditation-focused one when I get home, as I’ve been slipping lately.

Pat - Glad you feel ok now after your vaccination. When do you have the second one?

Jackie - Hope you are well. I noticed out of all the licence plates from all over the country here, there are more from Minnesota than any other State. Wisconsin and California take joint second place.

Cyana - Hope you’re having a good week and keeping your head above all the busyness at work.
Old 01-30-20, 11:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~taught Essentrics
~short neighborhood walk before the rain started
~WOL Retro walk, 20 min

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-31-20, 01:47 PM  
Margot

Happy Friday everyone!

Every Thursday afternoon here, people bring in their classic cars and park them in town, so DH and I went down and took some photos. I love these old cars; they sure don’t make them so pretty these days. Of course, my DH made a video, if anyone is interested. You can tell he doesn’t have much to do at the moment.

https://youtu.be/l9HZ--a6N2M

I had to make one last trip into the Rocks shop and bought a lovely amethyst geode, which was just buzzing with energy. If I lived here, I’d definitely join the Rocks club!

Apart from my usual one hour walk, I also did:
- LH Jan 27 short class. This is Lee’s first live class since his trip to Dubai. Apparently the temperatures in the summer range from 120 to 150 degrees F. My old hairdresser used to go there a lot. If you like the heat and shopping, then I understand it’s a good place to visit. Otherwise, I don’t think there’s that much to do.
- PA Mat for Happy Feet.
- Yoga Su Gentle Seated Stretch

We’ve been cleaning the house through today, as we’re leaving tomorrow. I hope to get in some yoga this evening. I’m ready to go home but must admit I’m going to miss the sunshine.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.