Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-08-20, 07:23 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 1/6 - 11,882/4.87; Walk #1 - 30 min/1.5 miles; Walk #2 - TM 30 min/1.5 miles; Cathe ICE Chiseled UB; Walk #3 - 13 min/.64 miles

We went to PF yesterday and I got my weights on. Since we didn't do much other than that, I got in a lot of walking. Weather was sunny in the 70s and I sat outside on the lanai and in the driveway to get some sun.

No plans for the day, but we may go to the beach and check it out. We haven't been yet and the weather is warming up each day. Today's high is 73 with 80s predicted next 4 days. SW Florida weather really is nice.

You ladies have a wonderful Wednesday.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 09:21 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm going to get a walk in tonight, and I shoveled a couple of inches of snow off the driveway when I got home. I walked Tuesday night, but last night I had a huge headache, so it was a rest day.
Deb, it is going to be in the 80s where my parents are in FL too. We are supposed to get 5 inches of snow on Saturday

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 07:51 AM  
dbclark44

Wednesday 1/8 - 13582/5.57; Neighborhood walk 73 min/3.28; Park walk approx 2 miles.
Thursday 1/9 - 10788/4.42; Neighborhood walk 35 min/1.66; TM 31 min/1.5; Cathe PUB Chest only

Wasn't feeling the weights yesterday when we went to PF, so did chest and called it a day.

DH and I visited this Cove Eco Park in the area. It was nice. has about a 4 mile walking trail and lots of wild life in the woods which I didn't see any of. It was real nice and shady and cool walking through the woods.

We're managing so far to make it to PF every other day. That works out good for us. Don't know why we can't ge on a schedule like that back home.

Chrys, we're in the 80s for the next 5 days or so. It's been great weather so far.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Old 01-11-20, 01:00 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I shoveled 3-4 inches of snow this morning, and it is still coming down. We are supposed to get up to 5 more inches today. I will be doing some treadmill walking in between rounds of shoveling. Other than that, I need to haul the tree and ornaments downstairs and do laundry/cleaning.

Chrys Dayley
Old 01-12-20, 09:06 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a walk today, and shoveled only once. My neighbors came and shoveled for me later in the day - so nice of them! We are supposed to get a bunch more snow overnight, so I'll be going to bed and getting up early. I will probably need to shovel before work.
Chrys Dayley
Old 01-13-20, 10:26 AM  
dbclark44

Friday 1/10 - 9000/3.69
Saturday 1/11 - 5054/2.07
Sunday 1/12 - 7426/3.04; Elliptical 30 min/1.65 miles; TM 31 min/1.5 miles
Today - Cathe Step Boss Extended Chair Stretch; Cathe Lite Lower Body Pyramid Pump

DH comes out on the lanai which I turned into a temporary fitness area and offered to take me to PF. I was doing quite well where I was at. Ladies, I'm out on the screened lanai in 70 degree weather, sunny, with the canal and boats right there. I was having a great workout. I also modified because I didn't bring any weights or bands with me. But doing a body weight only workout is no joke. It can be very challenging depending on what you do. Now Cathe has mainly squats and lunges in this workout, so I modified and did rear, side, and front leg lifts/swings.You talk about feeling a burn, I most definitely did. I got in a very good lower body workout.

Yesterday we went to PF where I did the elliptical first time in months. So far my knees feel okay. This evening I'll be going out to the marina to spend the night with my girl Denise who lives out there. We're going to Bar Bingo at the bar in the marina. Then back to her place to eat relax and talk. Tomorrow afternoon DH and I are going sailing with them on their sailboat.

I was glad I felt creative enough to do a workout on the lanai this morning. It's a nice size lanai and I could stretch out flat and not touch any walls. But no mat, so won't be getting down there.

Chrys, Iowa is getting hit!!!! Be safe in that mess.

Saturday DH and I went to the Art Festival that was in downtown Cape Coral for the weekend. Very nice festival but too hot for me. After 30 minutes I was done. Yesterday was football day for him after we got back from PF and I watched some TV shows and sermons.

My church is doing another read through the New Testament in a year as a group with a FB discussion forum for check-in and comments. They did one last year. This time the readings are different with 2 days no reading. These days are devoted to prayer and worship. I need to up my game on those days. The worship one I did well yesterday when I listened to sermons on line and gospel music most of the day. Only watched one TV show all day. That's great for me. So right now we're making our way through Matthew, just finished Matthew 9.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Old 01-13-20, 07:43 PM  
Sissy B

Happy Birthday, Deb!!!

I hope you're having a great day!

I have been sick since last Wednesday. Like stay in bed and sleep all day sick. So my steps suck. I finally started feeling a little better Saturday morning, but I'm still taking it easy because I have not totally cleared the cough and I know that it I overdo it, it will only make it worse.

DH got off early Saturday morning because of the weather so he went ahead and came up to DD's condo and spent the night. We came home yesterday afternoon.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 10:28 PM  
cdayley

Happy Birthday Deb! Your lanai workout sounds fabulous. There are no lanais in Idaho lol.
2 mile treadmill walk done. And an early morning round of snow shoveling. 🧤
Sissy, I'm glad you're getting better.
Chrys Dayley
Old 01-15-20, 10:12 AM  
dbclark44

Monday 1/13 - 4368/1.79
Tuesday 1/14 - 1871/.76

Well I sure haven't been moving much the past couple of days. Had a great couple of days though.

Thank you Sissy and Chrys for the birthday wish.

I had a great birthday this year. In the evening I went to Denise's place in Burnt Store Marina. She and I walked over to the local bar and played bar bingo. We got there in the middle of the first round so had to wait until the 2nd round to play. Which was fine because we ordered some drinks, watched people and talked. It was fun. She fixed me fish, spinach and cole slaw for my birthday meal. Very healthy. I spent the night at her place so enjoyed a late night.

The next day we got up and went sailing. DH joined us for that and we had a good time out on the water. We brought some food and ate lunch on the boat.

I crashed early after DH and I got back to the condo last evening. Was trying to watch a TV show with him and flaked out by 8:30. I was up at 6 this morning. DH and I are going to PF today. We haven't been in 3 days. Funny how that happens. I've been out on the lanai since before light which doesn't happen here until 7. Listened to my church's sermon from Sunday. The sermons are loaded on our website and you can watch or listen at your leisure. So glad that's available because we haven't even tried to find a local church to go to on Sundays. My church FB live them but I wasn't able to catch it at the time it was on.

Sissy, sending you get well wishes and speedy recovery.

Chrys, not envying you the snow. I am having a great winter here is SW Florida. Temps here are in the 80s, 60s at night. DH and I are blessed with some great weather for our first snow bird foray.

Have a great Wednesday ladies.

Old 01-16-20, 11:11 AM  
Sissy B

Happy Birthday, Chrys!!!

Monday, 1/6 - 7725 steps/3.27 miles
Tuesday, 1/7 - 5210 steps/2.2 miles
Wednesday, 1/8 - 1188 steps/0.5 miles
Thursday, 1/9 - 439 steps/0.19 miles
Friday, 1/10 - 206 steps/0.09 miles
Saturday, 1/11 - 1131 steps/0.48 miles
Sunday, 1/12 - 2006 steps/0.85 miles
Monday, 1/13 - 4461 steps/1.89 miles
Tuesday, 1/14 - 4075 steps/1.72 miles
Wednesday, 1/15 - 7888 steps/3.34 miles

As you can tell, being sick took it out of me. On Friday I went up to take a shower at about 10 a.m. I crawled back up in the bed and didn't get up and shower and get dressed until 5 p.m.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers