Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-24, 10:10 PM  
fatkat555

Horizontal conditioning?

Does anyone still do these? I was thinking about pulling out my easiest ones and I remember how popular the workouts were back in the day.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 10:13 PM  
prettyinpink

“Easiest” haha. I remember even the easiest ones as being Hard. And that was a long time ago. I think I’d have to take lots of rest breaks. It felt so good to get through one, though.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 03:37 AM  
fitfitterfittest

Does anybody know what Sandra is doing these days? I loved all the Horizontal Conditioning she put out so much.
fitfitterfittest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 05:25 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I have some of them! This reminds me maybe I should pull them out, well - at least the first one ...
-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 07:01 AM  
fatkat555

My plan was to break out Getting Started. I have all the others. I’ve previewed them and thought well, maybe one day….

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-27-24, 08:50 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I was in the best shape of my life when I was regularly doing these about 8 years ago, but then perimenopause hit me like a ton of bricks. I now have a wonky shoulder, so all the planks irritate it now. I've tried to incorporate them back into my workouts but alas they've just been too difficult to do. Perhaps when I'm ever done with perimenopause I won't constantly be sore and tired...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 11:56 AM  
anjabear

I do them! I've been using them as my primary workout for 17 months. I am using the 1st year 101s. I use a Getting Started if I really don't feel up to a 101.
I have made significant progress. When I started I could only do a minute or so without breaking. Now I can do 4-12 minutes without breaking.
My core is so strong.
Also, any other workout is so much easier. Every once in a while I will do something else, but other workouts do not leave me satisfied. I think I've only done two strength days in a row of other workouts and then I go back to HoCo.
Old 03-27-24, 01:37 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjabear View Post
I do them! I've been using them as my primary workout for 17 months. I am using the 1st year 101s. I use a Getting Started if I really don't feel up to a 101.
I have made significant progress. When I started I could only do a minute or so without breaking. Now I can do 4-12 minutes without breaking.
My core is so strong.
Also, any other workout is so much easier. Every once in a while I will do something else, but other workouts do not leave me satisfied. I think I've only done two strength days in a row of other workouts and then I go back to HoCo.
That's very inspiring!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 08:43 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
That's very inspiring!
Very inspiring!

Old 03-28-24, 02:43 PM  
Mickey12

Even though these are super tough, I like them. I have to take a lot of breaks and modify the really hard moves, yet I feel accomplished when I’m done. .

Tags
hoco, horizontal conditioning, sandra koulourides