Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-05-20, 11:17 AM  
bfit

Who subscribes to Cathe F streaming?

Who subscribes to Cathe's streamed workout service? What is it like? Is it worth it? I am new to any streaming. I am thinking about taking the money I normally spend on the Bar Method studio and using it for streaming because I probably won't be able to go to Bar for at least several more weeks now due to the pandemic. If I understand correctly her website says you can get new streamed workouts for $10 a month and those plus access to a bunch of archived workouts for $20 a month. Is that how it works?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 03:18 PM  
LizEMA

I subscribe and love it. I haven't been able to do anything else since subscribing so many years ago. CL is just my comfort food WOs.

And, I think it is ABSOLUTELY worth it! For $9.97 a month, with a library inching towards 300 WOs, absolutely worth EVERY penny. I think in all my years of exercising, it is the BEST money spent I've EVER spent.

If you subscribe to Cathe Live, it is $9.97 a month, and you get access to her entire CL library (new AND archived), which, as noted above, is almost 300 WOs (295, to be exact, 296 by this Thursday).

The $19.97 a month is for Cathe OnDemand which gives you access to both Cathe Live AND Cathe's entire DVD library, so everything that she has ever made. You not only get access to her DVDs (and their premixes) and Cathe Live, but you can also make your OWN workouts in the Workout Blender (I think it's called) by pulling chapters from any of her DVDs and putting them in any order to make your own customized WOs. It's explained here.

For the content, and the price, I think it is absolutely worth it. Cathe doesn't have a lot of barre, though, so, if you're looking for a substitute for TBM, this won't be it. If you're just looking to do something different, then you have nothing to lose. For less than $10 or $20 a month, depending on which option you prefer, it's more than affordable enough to give it a try.

(Do a tag or post search for Cathe Live as there have been quite a few over the years that can give you more detailed and in-depth info. They might help you make your decision. )
Old 05-05-20, 04:46 PM  
upperwside

Best deal on town. Something for everyone!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 04:54 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
I subscribe and love it. I haven't been able to do anything else since subscribing so many years ago. CL is just my comfort food WOs.

And, I think it is ABSOLUTELY worth it! For $9.97 a month, with a library inching towards 300 WOs, absolutely worth EVERY penny. I think in all my years of exercising, it is the BEST money spent I've EVER spent.

If you subscribe to Cathe Live, it is $9.97 a month, and you get access to her entire CL library (new AND archived), which, as noted above, is almost 300 WOs (295, to be exact, 296 by this Thursday).

The $19.97 a month is for Cathe OnDemand which gives you access to both Cathe Live AND Cathe's entire DVD library, so everything that she has ever made. You not only get access to her DVDs (and their premixes) and Cathe Live, but you can also make your OWN workouts in the Workout Blender (I think it's called) by pulling chapters from any of her DVDs and putting them in any order to make your own customized WOs. It's explained here.

For the content, and the price, I think it is absolutely worth it. Cathe doesn't have a lot of barre, though, so, if you're looking for a substitute for TBM, this won't be it. If you're just looking to do something different, then you have nothing to lose. For less than $10 or $20 a month, depending on which option you prefer, it's more than affordable enough to give it a try.

(Do a tag or post search for Cathe Live as there have been quite a few over the years that can give you more detailed and in-depth info. They might help you make your decision. )
All of this! I started my subscription (I do both her DVD and LIVE library) last May and I haven't done anything else since (aside from hiking/treadmill). So many options! As noted, she doesn't have too many barre workouts, but there are some. Most of her LIVE use higher reps so if you like heavy lifting like her STS, LIVE isn't the best option. If you like metabolic, boot camps, upper and lower body stand alone workouts that fry your muscles, totally worth it. Here's a good Website for LIVE reviews: https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/cathe-live

She's been doing her LIVE workouts alone since mid-March and they are still really good!

Hope that helps!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 06:11 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

If you like working out with Cathe, then her streaming subscriptions are worth trying. The Cathe Live workouts are like working out with her in her gym. The archived workouts from her DVDs are so varied, and there is the Workout Blender that lets you make your own workouts by combining different sections of all the workouts.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 08:11 PM  
rykram

Another person who subscribes, and I completely agree that if you like Cathe, it’s worth every penny.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 07:18 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I've subscribed to Cathe Live from the beginning and LOVE it! There is so much variety and they're fun!

I did subscribe to Cathe On Demand for a while but I found I used Cathe Live the most. I pre-order all her dvds anyway so I own her entire dvd library. I still use the dvds when my internet is terrible. But the Workout Blender is awesome! You can take chapters from any of her workouts and combine them into a custom workout. I used this the most when I had Cathe On Demand.

If you're on the fence, subscribe for a month and try it! If you enjoy it, you can get 15% off codes for a six month or a one year subscription. That's what I do!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 10:23 PM  
Loriann

Everything that the others have said! It is one of the best values for content.

Step, weights, intervals, kickboxing, and more. Some are more intermediate and others are very challenging. She has times that range from about 30 minutes to over an hour although most are in the ~50 minute range.

I have subscribed to Cathe Live since week one (yearly with a discount). I also did Cathe on Demand but since I have almost all her DVDs, it really didn’t pay.

Lori
Old 05-07-20, 08:57 PM  
Shortstuff
VF Supporter

Question

I've been thinking of trying her live streaming because I love the downloads I've purchased. My problem is I have an old laptop that's dying. Is it true you can't stream the live workouts on an Amazon Fire tablet? Do I need an app on a laptop as well? Sorry to be so stupid! 😋
Shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 07:26 AM  
Zenara25

Cathe offers a free 7 day trial. https://cathe.com/free-offer/
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, cathe on demand, workout blender