Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-20, 11:16 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Chewy.com?

OK, I've never used Chewy.com. Who does their deliveries? Is UPS an option? Because USPS sucks big time here. And FedEx either refuses to drive up to our remote location. Or, they get lost.

Anything I need to know about ordering from them?

ETA: Also, how does it work if your pet is on a prescription food?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 01:05 PM  
MARIKA

I love Chewy, Always reliable and they deliver in my area in a small van.I never had UPS deliver for them.
Old 04-01-20, 01:08 PM  
Gams

I love Chewy, too. My orders are delivered by UPS. Never have ordered a prescription food from them.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 01:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I love Chewy.com. They were so kind when I ordered the wrong sized urn for my dog's ashes. They sent me a bigger one, didn't charge shipping and didn't make me send back the urn that was too small. Then about a week later, I got a very nice handwritten sympathy note.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 01:39 PM  
BigBadBetty

I use Chewy for my dog's prescription dog food and prescription medicine. You put in your dog's name and vet. Chewy then verifies with your vet that they have a prescription for that food/medicine. I have the food and prescription autoshipped. You can adjust the date as needed. It comes UPS.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 02:25 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the replies! I placed a small test order. We'll see how it goes.

I usually like to purchase our cats' prescription food at our vet's office. It is less convenient and more expensive. But, they are a small business and we want them to keep going.

I will have to order online if this keeps up!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 02:28 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I know my last Chewy order was delivered by UPS. I can't remember if they always use UPS or not. I love Chewy.com! They have excellent customer service.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:53 PM  
TracyQ

I’m in Boston and all my Chewy’s orders are delivered by FedEx.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 06:54 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I'm rural in the foothills in California and my orders can come either by USPS or by UPS. They do seem very responsive to customer needs. On my last order placed recently they sent an email that shipments would take longer to get out of the warehouse and to arrive due to the volume of orders to them and everyone. It only took a couple of days longer.

My vet doesn't do the direct contact with Chewy, but I could scan and email the prescription once I placed the order. And they keep it on file for future orders until it expires. Often ones for food can be written with no expiration. They do occasionally run short of some of the high demand prescription foods but they would often have it when the vet couldn't get it. And they responded to contacts fairly promptly in the past. I'm sure, like everyone, they're having some trouble keeping up right now.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 12:43 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Fedex does all of my Chewy deliveries and I live in the Chicago suburbs.

I'm on autoship with Chewy and love it (it's very flexible and convenient). However, whenever they send out the email saying my autoship order is going to go out in a few days and to make changes if I need to, I ALWAYS check the current pricing of items in my autoshipment. Litter price stays about the same, the prescription food varies a bit but I have to get it, even when it's pricier ($80 or $70 vs $60 a case), but I mainly check because of the Feliway plug-in pricing. Because sometimes the 6-pack of Feliway refills will suddenly be astronomically high and in that case I just adjust my autoship to get 6 singles or remove them from my autoshipment entirely.

Also, beware the heavy shipping boxes if you're ordering things like cat litter and/or cases of canned cat food, etc. I usually open the box (or boxes) on my front porch and bring items inside one by one. This also helps to minimize any cat litter tracking into the foyer. (The cat litter I use comes in a cardboard box and depending on the method Chewy uses to "contain" the box of litter* and how much it has moved around inside the shipping box during transit, there are sometimes some granules of cat litter inside the shipping box, so I prefer to always break down the shipping box for recycling either in the garage or on the front porch.)

For example, my usual order is two 20lb boxes of cat litter and a case of prescription canned cat food (the case of canned food weighs 9-10lbs). Chewy puts that all in one box. 50lbs. I mean, I lift 44-lb bags of salt and can lift a 50lb bag of sand so it's not that I can't lift it. It's just kind of awkward getting the heavy box inside so I open them outside. And sometimes I get enough to fill 2 boxes. The boxes are sturdy btw. I'm pretty sure my Fedex delivery person hates Chewy. He always puts the boxes on the uncovered part of our front porch. Or maybe he's trying to protect the brick step by not running his dolly/hand truck up and over the step?

*For maybe the past year or so, Chewy has been consistently shipping the cat litter packaging covered in a plastic film which solves all issues. It's slightly annoying having to cut the plastic off entirely or just slit it open on top (to get to the handle) and on the side (to get to the pour spout area), but worth it to not have litter escaping into the shipping box.

Prior Chewy methods were just to just ship the litter as is in the cardboard box inside the shipping box which led to some slightly messy deliveries on occasion. Or sometimes they would just put clear packing tape over the parts of the litter packaging that were prone to failure. That usually worked, but not always and I find it easier to cut through the plastic film than the packing tape to get to the pour spout area.

This is the litter I use by the way to give you an idea of what the box looks like: https://www.chewy.com/arm-hammer-lit...ented/dp/51975

Sorry for the novel. Love Chewy though! For instance, they have the best price (I think) on this cat scratching post that I have 3 of throughout the house: https://www.chewy.com/smartcat-ultim...l-cat/dp/49134 (oops, looks like it's not in stock)

My cat uses the posts and it's been 3 years and they're still going strong. He doesn't go crazy scratching on them but he does use them daily as he walks by them or after using the litter box, etc. He likes to get a good stretch & scratch in throughout the day.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chewy.com, ontrac sucks