Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-20, 08:02 AM  
MARIKA

Workouts to Sweat by!

SO getting older and feeling some pains but still need to get my sweat on. What workouts do you do that are basically not Insanity style but get you sweating so much that you don't even realize until your done. Something along weight lifting stuff and not straight up cardio.
Old 03-04-20, 08:09 AM  
pharma_gal

I would vote for Cathe’s PHA workouts both on dvd and live downloads. The latest one on DVD especially has a high cardio factor.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 10:25 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I would vote for Cathe’s PHA workouts both on dvd and live downloads. The latest one on DVD especially has a high cardio factor.
You read my mind. I was just about to post this. I agree! I also find that stacked lower body from the Lite series can get my heart rate up if you use the right weights for your level.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 10:38 AM  
angie_nrs

My most sweaty workouts are Cardio Coach on the elliptical, but that is straight up cardio.

The one that hits all boxes you mentioned is Katami 4X4. I'm a sweaty mess after pretty much all of those workouts and they all clock in at 47 minutes, which is just perfect for me!

The one thing that both of those above workouts has in common is that they encourage you to work against yourself at your own pace. I always like to do better or more than what I did before, so I guess that extra motivation is what I need to break a really good sweat.
Old 03-04-20, 10:55 AM  
bubbles76

Any metabolic conditioning workouts -- Mike Donovanik's stuff and Patrick Goudeau come to mind. You definitely don't have to do all those jumps. Another vote for Katami 4X4. I also like Jen Edwards Sweat dvds. Some of the old Firm workouts get me sweating too.

ETA: Michelle Dozois Peak Challenge workouts make me sweat, but also make my knees hurt I will need to revise those workouts in the future, but they do make you sweat and there are weights involved.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 01:20 PM  
MARIKA

I have Paul's 4X4, I should do it again. I have been on an Old School Firm kick. I did Tough Tape 2 that I just got. Just like when you workout and when your done your fried but didn't realize it during the work out because it so FUN!!
Old 03-04-20, 01:46 PM  
marki64

Well, I discovered Linda Wooldridge Barlates Blitz workouts on YT. They are good for that. Very little impact but more body weight and light weight workouts. I love cardio and weights mixed. I think I burn the most calories and really feel it more than one over the other.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 01:52 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
ETA: Michelle Dozois Peak Challenge workouts make me sweat, but also make my knees hurt I will need to revise those workouts in the future, but they do make you sweat and there are weights involved.
Agree. I love her Cardio Strength's.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 02:49 PM  
MARIKA

I've done about 3 rounds of Peak Fit years ago. I can make it to the last phase then get burned out when I have about 2 weeks to go. My first ever series that I have never completed.
Old 03-04-20, 08:49 PM  
upperwside

Yes to all of this!! Especially Jen Edwards, Mike D, Katami 4x4 and Michelle D!!!

QUOTE=bubbles76;2862262]Any metabolic conditioning workouts -- Mike Donovanik's stuff and Patrick Goudeau come to mind. You definitely don't have to do all those jumps. Another vote for Katami 4X4. I also like Jen Edwards Sweat dvds. Some of the old Firm workouts get me sweating too.

ETA: Michelle Dozois Peak Challenge workouts make me sweat, but also make my knees hurt I will need to revise those workouts in the future, but they do make you sweat and there are weights involved.[/QUOTE]
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metabolic conditioning