Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-20, 10:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - March 2020

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Happy March !!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 09:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just bumping the new thread . I had a very busy double shift yesterday so that was my workout. We are having some mild weather again this week so I'm planning a nice long walk today and hopefully more.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-02-20, 02:38 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Saturday was going to be the last sunny day for a while so we loaded up Cindy and headed to Meeman/Shelby Forest state park, about 30 min away and went for a walk. We knew the trail that we wanted to try but had a little trouble finding it, so after a false start we ended up walking a lot further than we expected too. That was fine-ish until we woke up the next morning feeling like we'd been beat up. At least we made it home by dark!

Today I did Up To the Beat Fitness with Gina B, 2020 New Year 2 mile walk.

It stormed last night and is overcast with the rain starting again this afternoon, its supposed to continue to rain off and on until Friday. Spring is usually pretty rainy here but it feels like its been raining all winter. sigh. The good news is its 70* outside, the bad news is that everyone's sinus are draining.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 10:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 44 minute outdoor walk and 60 kettlebell swings. It was 60 degrees and normally I would have walked longer on such a nice day, but I'm always wiped out on Mondays after working on the weekend so doing anything on Monday is an accomplishment . It's mild again today but they're calling for rain later so I'm planning on walking this morning instead of waiting til the afternoon. It should work since it's so mild out. Usually it's too cold for me to walk in the morning. Hopefully I'll add on too. I took a rest from the swings for a few days but wanted to try them again. So far so good *knocks wood*.

PENGUIN, your walk sounds fun except for the soreness. Your workout sounds fun too. Too bad about all the rain this week. We've had a rainy winter too but it beats snow in my book.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-03-20, 03:23 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP - I hope you are safe and well away from the hurricanes. Check in and let us know.

Before I forget:
Saturday: Karen Gentz upper body and Sherri Catlin for cardio (oldie)
Sunday: KG Lower body and finished SC's cardio
Monday: STS Hypertrophy chest, tris and back. Abbreviated version.
Today: Steve Boedt Boedtylicious cardio and step

Sherri - you asked about halvsies. Back when P90X was a thing, a lot of people did a short version of all the DVDs, basically cutting back the repetition of sets. Essentially, that's what I'm now doing with STS. Cathe does 4 or 5 sets of each exercise....I'm doing 2. Still took me about 35 minutes, tho.

SB - Walk on! I'm about to do just that right now!
Old 03-03-20, 04:00 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I am well. We are hours away from the tornado that hit Nashville. One friend said her daughter called to say she was fine but that the tornado hit right after the sirens started to sound. Not much of an early warning in that case.

Its actually not raining today, and we are getting a little sunshine! Welcome change! Not sure how long that will last.

I'm making banana bread for tomorrow and about to start a baby sweater. I'm not sure I'm going to get to the exercise part today.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 08:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 58 minute outdoor walk with no jacket!! Another 60 degree day and a great walk!! It was starting to cool off by the end of my walk but at least I got it done before the showers came in. I do plan another walk for today and hopefully more. I'm not sure why I didn't add on after my walk yesterday.
I must have been distracted by other things .

NORA, nice consistent workouts. Impressed with the STS workout. Have you ever done STS before? I don't have it but if I ever did I would have to do the abbreviated version like you're doing. That's why I rarely do Cathe workouts even though I have so many of them, too long, too much equipment, too many sets of each exercise.

PENGUIN, glad to hear you are safe and well. Scary stuff those tornadoes . Hope you enjoyed your baking and knitting, sounds fun .

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-05-20, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 52 minute outdoor walk, 60 kettlebell swings, a burst and 3 segments from Pilates for Buff Bones. I think it's the pilates that sometimes tweaks my back . I always thought pilates was good for people with back issues but I always feel a tiny twinge after pilates. I think it has something to do with forward bending type of moves. Or moving the legs up and down while laying on your back. I can't quite pinpoint it. I would hate to give up pilates, I really enjoy it.

Anyway I do plan an outdoor walk today and possibly some weight work.

Old 03-06-20, 09:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 47 minute outdoor walk and the fast track premix from KCM's Body Shop. I am hoping to walk today before the rain otherwise maybe a circuit or kickboxing dvd if I can't get out to walk.

Old 03-07-20, 09:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Just popping in to bump us up. By the time I finally geared myself up for a walk yesterday in the cloudy damp weather it started to rain so that took care of that. I did 60 kettlebell swings and called it a day.

I do have work today so not sure if I'll walk or not but I'll try to do something before then.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Quiet here .