Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-19, 01:51 AM  
topfitmama

I considered buying some of their DVDs since they say that they ship from the UK, which means that I might not have to pay extra custom duties, but I got this message in step two:

We don’t offer shipping to Germany.

Ah well... I guess that settles it for me. I messaged them and asked them to consider offering their workout DVDs as digital downloads. It sure would save us all some money! Will they listen? - Rant over-
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 02:33 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Ah well... I guess that settles it for me. I messaged them and asked them to consider offering their workout DVDs as digital downloads. It sure would save us all some money! Will they listen? - Rant over-
I hear you! I was hoping the new website would include downloads.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 10:48 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
But do I need it and or do I need to buy the bundle with the book???
i found the books in our public library.

EDITED TO ADD:
the library also has her 2 books on OverDrive, both audio and ebook formats, including Kindle. I am enjoying the Painless audio book. OverDrive is one of the free apps that libraries use to lend out audios and ebooks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 12:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
First I am going to say I don't do CS, I have several workouts and for some reason I buy them when they are on sale. I am thinking about season 12 because I always hear raves about it. But do I need it and or do I need to buy the bundle with the book???
Season 12 is good, not sure you need the book & IIRC it’s quite a bit cheaper as a kindle ebook.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 12:52 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
I considered buying some of their DVDs since they say that they ship from the UK, which means that I might not have to pay extra custom duties, but I got this message in step two:

We don’t offer shipping to Germany.

There is an Essentrics webshop based in the NL (some connection between Miranda and a Dutch woman who appears on some streaming-only videos), but the only videos there are the older ones-- the latest on offer is Sahra's barre video. One of the items I received from that shop was a DVD-r so I did not order more from them.

Digital downloads are something that a number of people have requested so it seems strange that the redesigned site did not include an option for them. It was also disappointing to see that there is no longer a PayPal option.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 01:18 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post

Digital downloads are something that a number of people have requested so it seems strange that the redesigned site did not include an option for them. It was also disappointing to see that there is no longer a PayPal option.
Thanks for that link! Shipping is still pretty steep, but the prices are good. I hope they aren't DVDr

I really don't understand why they don't offer downloads. It's more convenient for everyone. It saves them having to get the DVDs pressed and the covers printed. With all the talk about environmental damage that our oversue of plastic and packaging is causing, why aren't more companies looking for ways to eliminate this overuse of plastic? Oh well. Maybe they have all the DVDs pressed and they fear they will never be sold if they start offering downloads. Who knows? I'd like to hear their reasoning.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 01:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
But do I need it and or do I need to buy the bundle with the book???
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
it’s quite a bit cheaper as a kindle ebook.
pgun, I agree with Pam - I added to my post that the public library offers Overdrive to lend out their ebooks and audiobooks for free. Miranda has 2 of her books in both audio and ebook formats, Painless and Aging Backwards.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 03:14 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post

I thought I had 12, but can’t find it!
OH man! That sucks, I hope you find it somewhere
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 03:16 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i found the books in our public library.

EDITED TO ADD:
the library also has her 2 books on OverDrive, both audio and ebook formats, including Kindle. I am enjoying the Painless audio book. OverDrive is one of the free apps that libraries use to lend out audios and ebooks.
Maybe I should try my library
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 08:01 PM  
try2bfit

I have almost all the Essentric dvds. I was going to purchase CS season 8, Body Sculpting 2. My library has seasons 9 and 10. Not sure if I want season 6, 11 or vintage collection. Any comments or suggestions? Also, do you know when the sale ends? Thanks in advance.
Jody
try2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, classical stretch sale, overdrive