Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-19, 08:51 AM  
mandie123

Too old for Les Mills?

Is Les Mills easy to modify as far as moves?I just love the music and the motivation!But,hesitate subscribing as I just can't do heavy cardio or burpees type of exercises.I'am 64 maybe too old?
Old 10-24-19, 08:56 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Is Les Mills easy to modify as far as moves?I just love the music and the motivation!But,hesitate subscribing as I just can't do heavy cardio or burpees type of exercises.I'am 64 maybe too old?
You are not too old! They show modifications for the high impact. I do not do the Grit workouts. They are way beyond me. If I do Body Attack I modify .
My favorites are Body Combat, Body Flow and Sh"bam. I have to be really careful with Pump since I have shoulder issues. The instructors are so motivating and they have great music.

Are you able to stream now? I remember you were having trouble with it

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 09:38 AM  
mandie123

Thanks Sherry,I was just visiting my daughter,and she was doing a workout and Iloved the music!I think I'll give it a try.YES,finally at this new location I can stream
Old 10-24-19, 09:43 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Thanks Sherry,I was just visiting my daughter,and she was doing a workout and Iloved the music!I think I'll give it a try.YES,finally at this new location I can stream
I am so glad you can stream now!

Last year they offered a 30 day free trial for either Black Friday or Cyber Monday. You may want to wait for that to try it out.

If I see an offer I will post

Old 10-24-19, 10:59 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Mandie:

you are never too old for anything you want to do. You put your mind to it you you do as much as you can do. Do not try to do anything that hurts you.

exercise should not hurt you.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 11:18 AM  
tiletha444

I agree with Sherry - they show modifications. Also, there are so many programs on their streaming site. Pick ones you like!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 12:21 PM  
sherry7899

I forgot to mention they have barre workouts. I know you enjoy them.

Old 10-29-19, 07:48 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Barre, BodyFlow, CXWorx, BodyPump, RPM, and Sprint are all workouts with NO impact at all. All of the other workouts almost always show low impact options. The only real workouts you might want to avoid are GRIT. I'm "only" 53, but I plan on staying subscribed to LesMills as long as they are around. Hopefully I'll still be doing their workouts 20 years from now.

Also, they have some young teachers, but many are older. I love the diversity of the instructors in terms of age, body shapes, etc.
Old 10-30-19, 09:22 AM  
sherry7899

Lisa, I totally agree.

There are rumors of them adding the class "Tone" to on demand, which would be great. It is an updated (and I think slightly harder) version of Body Vive.

Old 10-30-19, 09:28 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
There are rumors of them adding the class "Tone" to on demand, which would be great. It is an updated (and I think slightly harder) version of Body Vive.
I hope they do!!!
I've seen a few "clips" of Tone on some of the LM Instructor's Instagram accounts. It looks like something I'd like!!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
les mills, les mills on demand