Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-16, 10:18 AM  
andtckrtoo

Beachbody's Core de Force MMA Workout

I did this today - it's on Beachbody On Demand as a free preview.

It's about 27 minutes. 6 rounds. Each round is 3 minutes. You do a set of moves (cross, jab, knee, switch for example) for a minute, then a 30 second cardio blast (kind of - hi-lo hooks is one) then repeat.

I'd say Intermediate for this one. Not overly difficult, but fun. One of the cardio blasts was burpees for those who hate them (like me - but I can handle them for 30 second intervals).

One thing that drove me insane, though - everything is done on the right side. Even when they repeat the move, it's on the same side. After two rounds when I realized we were not going to do the other side, I started switching sides. I don't get it - they had the perfect opportunity to switch sides because everything is repeated.

The gym is kind of meh - similar to P90X3.
There is a modifier - she reminds me of Kat in 21 Day Fix. There were only a few things to modify - like the burpees and the jogs in place. Everything else she just a little slower.

The ads say the workouts are from 30-45 minutes.
Old 10-24-16, 08:02 PM  
NorthernStar

Thanks for the review. I'm still really interested in this set. I wonder if it will be available on BOD? I like the idea of subscribing for a month or two and doing a rotation instead of buying the set.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 06:32 AM  
momofcha

I was starting to get interested in this - especially the intermediate part but why do you not switch sides???

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 09:01 AM  
andtckrtoo

Northern Star - you can get a free month of BBOD, but you don't have access to a lot of the newer programs unless you own them. You'd have to purchase the program anyway. They give you access to all of the older stuff - plus Hammer and Chisel and the P90X's (including 3).
Old 10-25-16, 10:30 AM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Northern Star - you can get a free month of BBOD, but you don't have access to a lot of the newer programs unless you own them. You'd have to purchase the program anyway. They give you access to all of the older stuff - plus Hammer and Chisel and the P90X's (including 3).
thanks for this information and your review
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 01:58 PM  
Rhonda

I asked on facebook and this is the reply regarding switching sides.

CORE DE FORCE Hey Rhonda! That's a great question, and one people have definitely asked about. Joel and Jericho talked about this in a live video after the first sneak peek - check it out below at about 5:30. Basically, you may not be switching sides, but the type of rotational moves and the way the whole workout is structured make sure that it's balanced. https://www.facebook.com/beachbody/v...4533052663426/
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 05:52 PM  
T2B

Thanks for posting the link. I think I will order. They said that these will be available Oct 31st. Who's gonna bite first?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 09:48 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I asked on facebook and this is the reply regarding switching sides.

CORE DE FORCE Hey Rhonda! That's a great question, and one people have definitely asked about. Joel and Jericho talked about this in a live video after the first sneak peek - check it out below at about 5:30. Basically, you may not be switching sides, but the type of rotational moves and the way the whole workout is structured make sure that it's balanced. https://www.facebook.com/beachbody/v...4533052663426/
Interesting, but I would disagree. If everything is done on the right side, the cross over moves - the ones done from the back leg - cause more of a rotation. The only way to really get an even workout is to switch. The interesting part is the "in the MMA World the dominate side ...." I really disagree with that. In the Tae Kwon Do or Krav Maga world, you train both side because one side may get injured and you still need to be able to fight.
Old 10-25-16, 09:50 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Interesting, but I would disagree. If everything is done on the right side, the cross over moves - the ones done from the back leg - cause more of a rotation. The only way to really get an even workout is to switch, but thank you for asking!
i'm with you. i was going to order this but i won't be ordering now
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-16, 07:35 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I think I will order. They said that these will be available Oct 31st. Who's gonna bite first?
I want to say the date has changed because I heard Dec 1.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody core de force, core de force