Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-12-16, 05:15 PM  
wendy2

Cathe Strong and Sweaty will have a modifier

Just saw this on Facebook (and didn't want this to get lost in the other thread I started )

Somone posts:
Will it be possible for you to please include a "less impact" premix on this dvd like you did on To The Max & CrossFire? Thanks! 😀

And Cathe responds:
We're going to try something different this time as far as this goes. We're going to have a premix which will play the normal workout, but at the beginning of any high impact move a video box will pop up showing me demonstrating a low impact move you can do instead. We will explain this more in a separate post.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 05:52 PM  
muggle

Wow, that IS different for Cathe. Nice!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 06:47 PM  
owltx

Wow, what a nice option!
Old 10-12-16, 08:14 PM  
bubbles76

Nice!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 10:04 PM  
desderata

That's good news but I kind of wonder why they would go that route instead of just having a modifier in the workout? This seems like a more time consuming and possibly expensive way to do it, but I'll take it for sure.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 10:41 PM  
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
That's good news but I kind of wonder why they would go that route instead of just having a modifier in the workout? This seems like a more time consuming and possibly expensive way to do it, but I'll take it for sure.
I agree with you. I would much rather have a modifier in the workout. A little box popping up seems like a distraction to me. I have seen that done in other workouts, and I didn't really care for it, but maybe with Cathe doing it, it won't be so bad. We'll see!
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 11:07 PM  
deineira

I'm not sure why Cathe is so stubborn about having a modifier. As her customer age, it would just make good business sense, I believe.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 11:44 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots View Post
I agree with you. I would much rather have a modifier in the workout. A little box popping up seems like a distraction to me. I have seen that done in other workouts, and I didn't really care for it, but maybe with Cathe doing it, it won't be so bad. We'll see!

Reminds me of the Workout For Dummies Dvd but the little box popped up for intensifying the moves, it is very distracting. I get into the moves on the full screen and, oops, I can increase here! Look up, look down. Focus, focus, focus.
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 02:18 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I'm not sure why Cathe is so stubborn about having a modifier. As her customer age, it would just make good business sense, I believe.
I agree and she has some great low impact workouts , like Live Low Impact Hardstrikes, the hiit workout in ICE and AOLIHIIT. That said, some of the LIS workouts are hard on those with bad backs.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 05:30 AM  
wendy2

There was a lot of negative feedback on Amanda modifying in ICE. Maybe Cathe just wants to do it herself...

I agree that it seems like a more time consuming and possibly more expensive way to go about it. I also remember that ideas were tossed around about having Less Impact/Joint Friendly premixes on one of her series, and those never happened, did they? Hopefully they've thought this through and it will really happen, if only from a business standpoint of having made the announcement and then following through with it.

I personally have ways of modifying any move, but I'll be interested to see what Cathe comes up with. If she's bothering to film herself doing the moves, maybe she could just do a short tutorial that people who need modifications can watch ahead of time. But yeah, just having a modifier (who is used to modifying, and who actually modifies!) does seem like a simpler option.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe strong and sweaty, modifier, strong and sweaty