Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-17, 04:08 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
OT: My SO had his FB with a nickname, recently his friend came by and used his computer to check his FB account, and when he left my SO tried to connect back to his FB and was asked to send a picture of a government's card to verify his identity, and after that was asked to add his real name. Have this happened to anyone else?
And then that happened to my husband, so now he's off Facebook.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 04:19 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
And then that happened to my husband, so now he's off Facebook.
Bummer I don't know why a social site would ask for such things.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!

Last edited by AsSweetAsSugar; 01-29-17 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 05:07 PM  
bubbles76

Julie and Sugar, I never heard of such things! I don't use my real name on FB. Big Bubble doesn't use his real name, face, or any of that stuff. And anyone asking for a copy of a federal ID would be breaking the law.

ETA: Sorry, you said FB asked for a Government ID. Well, still that sounds suspicious. I would certainly leave if it came to that.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 05:12 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

What's most bizarre is how random it is...because, of course, there are so many FB users who still use obvious pseudonyms.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 07:52 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I found it suspicious too, but after doing a google search, it seems like it has been going on for a while now, and as Julie mentioned, it is very random. I don't use my real name either btw. My SO did send the picture and after that, he was obligated to change his nickname for his real name. During the days his "identity" was being verified his account was completed taken down. I told him to no send it as I was scared, but he needs his FB for work. I use my account to keep in touch with family and friends (we live in different country, so it is easier for me that way) and to buy on VF Roost (back to topic! ), but hopefully I will not get asked for an ID, because I think I'll mostly likely to not send it, and less them to close my account.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 02:13 PM  
ChelePA

Looking to possibly sell my strong and sweaty dvds and gym styles by Cathe...where's the best place to list them?
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 03:25 PM  
Jags

For those VF members who would like to be added to VF Roost please private message (here at VF) Sherri "sbh", Rose "bearcatfan", Chris "Cdayley", or me with your Facebook name AND an email address, and we will send you an invitation to join.

The email address does not need to be associated with your Facebook page.

VF Roost is a "secret" Facebook group; it will not be seen on your Facebook page by non-members.

The rules for trading dvds on VF also apply to trading/buying/selling on VF Roost. ie. no scratches, no misrepresentations, no reproduced, burned, or bootleg dvds.

Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 04:41 PM  
ChelePA

Thanks
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 09:46 AM  
gigi

Two Tubs Full of DVD's to Sell

So, I have not worked out at home for years as I go to the gym. Yet I keep moving my 2 plastic tubs FULL of workout DVD's I spent years collecting. So hard to give up...Cathe, Beach Body, Amy Bento and more. What is VF Roost? If I wanted to sell both tubs...not take the time to sell each individual workout...does anyone have any ideas how/where to do that?
Old 06-09-17, 09:56 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
So, I have not worked out at home for years as I go to the gym. Yet I keep moving my 2 plastic tubs FULL of workout DVD's I spent years collecting. So hard to give up...Cathe, Beach Body, Amy Bento and more. What is VF Roost? If I wanted to sell both tubs...not take the time to sell each individual workout...does anyone have any ideas how/where to do that?
You can contact Vf member roleez. She buys Dvds in bulk and resells them individually herself. Or you could sell them in group lots on ebay.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, sell videos, selling dvds, vf roost, where to sell