Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-14, 11:42 AM  
dela

New toy take 2 - Heavy bag!

Well, I was pretty set on buying those Onnit steel clubs , but I'm still not sure of the sizes to get, I emailed them over a weekend and had not heard back, so I'll resend my question next week.

So instead, I was searching to look at heavy bags for the umpteenth time, and I found something I had never seen before, and while there will be some issues with knocking it over that I think I can easily remedy, this answered all my concerns about adding a heavy bag.

I did not want to hang it from the rafters. I did not want that big apparatus to hang one from because it's just large and not attractive. And I didn't want to buy and fill the base of the XXL wavemaster with 200 pounds of sand.

So here it is, the Century Fight Simulator! It's 110 pounds and free standing! Certainly if I power my punches and kicks it will knock over, but I'm hoping that just normal contact and making sure I "snap" the punches and kicks will keep it up. If not, I'll just put something behind it so it bounces back up.

I bought mine from Sports Authority so if I don't like it, I can return it to a store, and with their $20 coupon and free shipping offer, it's a little less than amazon, but shipping will take a little longer.

http://www.amazon.com/Century-Versys...Z7DNP42BVM81R8
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 02:58 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I'm sure it will be fun!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 03:06 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Dela, this look like so much fun!! here is the bag in action! Some of the moves he does with the bag on the floor reminds me my cage fitness workouts, which I absolutely ! I don't have a standing bag because of space and because:
Quote:
I did not want to hang it from the rafters. I did not want that big apparatus to hang one from because it's just large and not attractive. And I didn't want to buy and fill the base of the XXL wavemaster with 200 pounds of sand.
those are my thoughts exactly; but this look easy to move around! I hope you'll enjoy your new toy!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 03:13 PM  
dela

Thanks ladies for sharing in my excitement!!

And thanks for that link! I'm even more excited about this after watching that, I am SO trying those take down moves, and I love I can use this for ground and pound work. The handles at the top are cool too for knee strikes.
Old 08-29-14, 03:20 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Thanks ladies for sharing in my excitement!!

And thanks for that link! I'm even more excited about this after watching that, I am SO trying those take down moves, and I love I can use this for ground and pound work. The handles at the top are cool too for knee strikes.
You're so welcome! I've watched that video twice, that guy is impressive, isn't he?! Even the base can be use as a sandbag! That's a very versatile standing bag!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 08-29-14, 03:24 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
You're so welcome! I've watched that video twice, that guy is impressive, isn't he?! Even the base can be use as a sandbag! That's a very versatile standing bag!!
Yeah, I meant to mention that, that guy is insane! His flying spin kicks are SO high, and that base is 110 pounds! I am a little concerned what this purchase is going to do to my relationship with my UPS delivery guy
Old 08-29-14, 03:32 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
that base is 110 pounds!

Quote:
I am a little concerned what this purchase is going to do to my relationship with my UPS delivery guy
LOL

Old 08-29-14, 05:58 PM  
Irisg1

Cool. I've never seen that one before, and that guy is amazing.
Old 08-29-14, 08:54 PM  
Chomper

Oh my gosh that looks so cool! And you can use the bag kind of like a sandbag for squats. Now there's another hefty fitness item I didn't even know I wanted on my wish list...
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 11:03 PM  
fagiles

Yes that's a cool heavy bag. Have fun with it I think the Century Versys was released last year and there are 3 different versions. I have been wishing for one since last year.

http://versys.funnelstaging.com/index.php

Keep us updated on how you like it

Felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote