Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-20, 12:57 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Like everyone else, I have strong opinions about whether the hurried return to "normal" is a wise choice. It's a hard topic to discuss when it veers into political, social, racial, and religious territories.

I'll just say that I am preparing for the second (or third) wave...
With you 100% on all counts.

I just read an interesting article in the NYT about llama antibodies being effective against the virus. Winter the llama might end up saving us!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 11:02 PM  
Sand

I'm in El Paso and because of our location to NM and their strict orders to shut down the state, our local leaders took action. But, the governor re-opened the state and now the malls and restaurants are able to re-open. The bulk of the places locally have chosen to remain closed. We are weeks away from our peak!

I've been trying to do weekly curbside pickup at Walmart because a lot of times, they don't have a number of items I ordered. I did an Instacart order from Costco but instead of the butter that I ordered, the shopper bought 3 half gallon containers of milk. I ended up making three different flavors of gelato from one container and froze the rest. I was able to pick up heavy cream from Walmart so now I can make ice cream.

This time of year is when I'm indoors the most. With the UV index going up, I can't go out too much because my skin instantly burns.

Edited to add that Sam's Club has free shipping on a lot of items if you have the Plus membership. Some of the items cost more than the warehouse but it's nice to have these items shipped directly, rather than having to go the store. It's especially nice as a lot of items that were previously out of stock are becoming more available.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 02:26 PM  
TracyQ

Boston just cancelled all large summer events. The Boston Pops Fourth of July spectacular is going to be virtual...it’s starting to feel like this is never going to end.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...id=hplocalnews

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 02:30 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Boston just cancelled all large summer events. The Boston Pops Fourth of July spectacular is going to be virtual...it’s starting to feel like this is never going to end.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...id=hplocalnews
This probably shouldn’t be posted this in the Silver Lining thread .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 11:23 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the malls opened yesterday, and my sons checked it out. many stores are still closed. if anything they'll be opening over the next few weeks.

my son is a graduating HS senior and we've planned a "drive by" celebration. he'll be receiving his diploma at his school, as part of a 3-day segmented graduation. parents drive the senior to the school and wait in the car. just the senior exits the car, and picks up diploma from principal. they'll be compiling a video of each senior getting their diploma as a keepsake for all of the students.

as others have mentioned, it's been a nice break for everyone to be home with their families. it's been really heartwarming to see the outpouring of generosity for those in need - the restaurants have been donating to food banks and non-profits.

as much as i want to see the economy open up, with care, it's given our beaches, parks and hiking trails a chance to take a rest from being overrun by people.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 03:21 PM  
suzannaerin

This joke by Ruth Buzzi - Marijuana is legal and haircuts are against the law. It took half a century but Hippies finally won.

I do love Hippies and have embraced some of their values more as I grown older (although my marijuana days are decades behind me). :-)

Seeing more dogs on TV as guests on my shows broadcast from home. Dogs are evidence of heaven (to me).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 10:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm thrilled that movie drive-ins are attracting more business. Not just films, some performers are doing concerts at drive-ins.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 01:09 PM  
Gams

Lately I have felt like I am living in a very hostile atmosphere, so today I went through the McDonald’s drive through to get breakfast for my dad and stepmom and thought it would be an upbeat move to pay for the people in line behind me. I ended up pulling forward and having to wait for hash browns as did the car behind me. They rolled down their windows and thanked me profusely for buying their breakfast and said it made them feel better because they had just come from the crematorium where they had picked up their mother’s ashes. So glad I did what I did.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 06:02 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Lately I have felt like I am living in a very hostile atmosphere, so today I went through the McDonald’s drive through to get breakfast for my dad and stepmom and thought it would be an upbeat move to pay for the people in line behind me. I ended up pulling forward and having to wait for hash browns as did the car behind me. They rolled down their windows and thanked me profusely for buying their breakfast and said it made them feel better because they had just come from the crematorium where they had picked up their mother’s ashes. So glad I did what I did.
Wow, that story made me tear up. You never know how a gesture can affect someone. What a heartwarming post.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 07:01 PM  
SherBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I'm thrilled that movie drive-ins are attracting more business. Not just films, some performers are doing concerts at drive-ins.
Me too. I have fond memories of my mom, pop and brother in a station wagon. Us kids with sleeping bags.
I truly look forward to going again. Just need a decent movie...I haven't looked forward to a movie in many moons.
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19