Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-20, 01:08 PM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Uh oh, I just got the shipping notice from Chewy.com that our new order has been shipped. They're using the dreaded Ontrac.

Ontrac does not come to our home. There is no Ontrac facility in our town. They have to drive a ways to get here. Of course, they don't bother and calling them has proven futile. The last three orders, from different companies, never arrived.

Hoping we get food for the boys!
I have never heard of Ontrac. Is this a new delivery company?
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 01:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I have never heard of Ontrac. Is this a new delivery company?
https://www.ontrac.com/

Ontrac delivers in the Western states. Or, not delivers in our case.

ETA: The tracking number states that the package is due to arrive today. Color me dubious!

More: I just read Chewy.com's package loss policy.

"All items purchased from Chewy.com are made pursuant to a shipment contract, meaning that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier."

Not too promising!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 04:50 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
More: I just read Chewy.com's package loss policy.

"All items purchased from Chewy.com are made pursuant to a shipment contract, meaning that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier."

Not too promising!
Interesting. In several years of using chewy, only one time has a shipment had an issue. It happened in transit with fedex. Chewy notified me that something went wrong with the package (I'm assuming it broke open or something due to the weight at a fedex processing facility but who knows) and they (Chewy) just shipped me out another package. Don't know what happened to the one that got lost or damaged in transit with fedex.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 11:09 AM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
Thank you, Bea. I'm sorry about your dog. I had hoped she had pancreatitis because it's more common and easier to treat. However, if your dog doesn't eat, that's worry on top of worry. I've found that with my animals - and I have many and have had many - don't care for the prescription food. I would ask the vet about roasting some chicken - keeping it very plain but healthy. I had a cat many years ago who had kidney failure and the only thing he would eat was roasted chicken. I always knew when it was almost ready because he would sit directly in front of the oven minutes before the timer went off!

I've also had to syringe feed some of my animals and that's not an easy task. My heart goes out to you because I know what it's like to love an animal and the frustration in trying to get them healthy.

There are several forums and facebook pages that can help. I found a group initially for feline diabetes that was wonderful and ultimately helped me find the real problem with our Wenchie. Google canine pancreatitis as well as searching for groups on fb - they can be a life saver.

Diane
It has been a couple of crazy weeks for my dog since I last posted. She has had visits to the local vet a couple times, then to the local animal hospital and finally to Angell Memorial for a few days. At first, locally, she was diagnosed with pancreatitis. Unfortunately, she was finally diagnosed as having stage 5 lymphoma. She has never shown any signs of either being sick or being in pain, and during all this she has been pretty active. The first signs of anything wrong was when she stopping eating. Concurrent with this, she would either vomit anything we could manage to get into her and had constant diarrhea.

It was finally decided to attempt a less drastic approach than chemo, as her cancer was at a too advanced stage. Her treatment now includes a steroid and a few other supporting meds. Since coming home, she is eating some mild food and is not vomiting her meds or food. At best, we are hoping for a little extra time at home with her before we have to let her go. This could be anywhere from a week to a couple months. The vets agreed it was very unusual for such a young dog (5-1/2) to show up with such an advanced lymphoma.
Old 04-27-20, 11:19 AM  
sherry7899

Sand, I am so very sorry.

Bea, I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 12:04 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
It has been a couple of crazy weeks for my dog since I last posted. She has had visits to the local vet a couple times, then to the local animal hospital and finally to Angell Memorial for a few days. At first, locally, she was diagnosed with pancreatitis. Unfortunately, she was finally diagnosed as having stage 5 lymphoma. She has never shown any signs of either being sick or being in pain, and during all this she has been pretty active. The first signs of anything wrong was when she stopping eating. Concurrent with this, she would either vomit anything we could manage to get into her and had constant diarrhea.

It was finally decided to attempt a less drastic approach than chemo, as her cancer was at a too advanced stage. Her treatment now includes a steroid and a few other supporting meds. Since coming home, she is eating some mild food and is not vomiting her meds or food. At best, we are hoping for a little extra time at home with her before we have to let her go. This could be anywhere from a week to a couple months. The vets agreed it was very unusual for such a young dog (5-1/2) to show up with such an advanced lymphoma.
I’m sorry to hear this Hattie. I’m happy that you took her to the Angell Memorial. They are the absolute best. When we adopted our Roxy three years ago she came to us very sick. None of the local vets could figure out what was wrong with her and we ended up at the Angell where she was diagnosed and successfully treated for masticatory muscle myositis. If it wasn’t for the vets there I’m not sure how it would have turned out.

I pray the meds kick in and you get to spend some quality time with your angel before it’s time to let her go.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 02:09 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Sand, I am so very sorry.

Bea, I am so sorry. Hugs to you.
Thanks, Sherry!
Old 04-27-20, 02:14 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I’m sorry to hear this Hattie. I’m happy that you took her to the Angell Memorial. They are the absolute best. When we adopted our Roxy three years ago she came to us very sick. None of the local vets could figure out what was wrong with her and we ended up at the Angell where she was diagnosed and successfully treated for masticatory muscle myositis. If it wasn’t for the vets there I’m not sure how it would have turned out.

I pray the meds kick in and you get to spend some quality time with your angel before it’s time to let her go.
The vets and assistants were great. She spent 3 nights there. They sent photo emails every morning and night. The vets called us frequently to update us on what they were doing.

Josie just did her first solid poop in weeks. Whoever thought I would get excited over something like that.
Old 04-27-20, 03:56 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Josie just did her first solid poop in weeks. Whoever thought I would get excited over something like that.
That’s great news. Here’s to many more solid poops.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 05:40 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:

Oh Hattie, I'm sorry. She is so young and this is so unfair - hopefully you will be able to get some extra time with her before you have to let her go. At such a young age, who would have thought cancer? Life is so unfair.

Sending you love and hugs.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chewy.com, ontrac sucks