Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-20, 12:01 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I went to Costco yesterday to get T.P for a friend who really shouldn't be out and about due to health reasons. It wasn't a zoo really but the toilet paper aisle was empty. No rubbing alcohol, lysol type wipes or hand wipes or sanitizer but they did have the one use surgical type gloves so I got some of them. They did have a limit on those and the rubbing alcohol.

Wal Mart was totally empty of that kind of stuff too. I ended up getting a couple of 4 and 6 packs of T.P at the CVS for my friend. It cost more than a gigantic Costco size pack.The guy at CVS said that a woman came in practically in tears because she couldn't find rubbing alcohol to clean out her husband's CPAP machine. I didn't run into any bad behavior but the empty shelves and the CVS guy's story got me in a really bad mood.

I really don't get the hoarding of bottled water. Why would there be a water shortage under these circumstances?

My approach is to buy a bit of extra canned/frozen food and a bit of other essentials each time I do my regular grocery shopping. I did shop rite from home last week and got toilet paper but they were out of rubbing alcohol.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 12:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
On a funny note. I checked for toilet paper on Amazon and the only toilet paper left was one with a picture of Hillary Clinton on each sheet and another with people having sex on each sheet. WTH...who even knew such things existed. I could not get either for my mom. I think the world has gone mad.
Funny about the toilet paper. Someone told me they saw some with Trump's face on it. Didn't mention what the other side was though.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 12:10 PM  
Leonana

I was at Target this morning when it opened. They limited everyone to one package each. I bought one 12 pack. Fortunately, I had just purchased a Costco package a couple of weeks ago, and I found a 12 pack at Trader Joe's the other day. Someone mentioned they ordered one of those bidets that attach to your toilet from Amazon. I've always wanted one, so I'm going to check it out!

I just read the Department of Defense has banned domestic travel for all personnel and families.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...UOV8mzKTZq76YI

I don't know if this guy is right about his statistics, but I hope so.

Quote:
Interview
Corona Is Slowing Down, Humanity Will Survive, Says Biophysicist Michael Levitt
https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/a...800632,00.html
Old 03-14-20, 12:13 PM  
Gams

I was just at Dollar General in little Solon Springs, Wisconsin, and they are out of toilet paper except for a few single rolls of Scott.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 12:27 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

We dropped by one of our local grocery stores for a couple of items yesterday. It was most certainly a zoo and we didn't expect it. Neither were the poor cashiers in the store! They even had mobile checkouts for people who had fewer than 12 items and didn't have carts (which we didn't, since there weren't any! ) There was no toilet paper, and very little bread. We did manage to get the main items we came for, but sheesh. We hope to avoid the stores until after the peak of the virus. I'm not sure when they will be able to restock. I will say that people were polite, didn't see anyone fighting over products. But then again, there was no toilet paper to argue about.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 12:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I was just at Dollar General in little Solon Springs, Wisconsin, and they are out of toilet paper except for a few single rolls of Scott.
Random comment since you mentioned Scott paper. My grandfather owned stock in the company that made Scott toilet paper when I was a little kid. It was terrible paper then but we "had" to buy it because of grandpa's investment and we would never hear the end of it if we didn't. As soon as he sold it, we finally got to use some decent paper.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 12:59 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I really don't get the hoarding of bottled water. Why would there be a water shortage under these circumstances?
Yes, that is a bit strange. The water supply is not in danger. In the event of an earthquake, tsunami, hurricane, yes, one needs to have extra water.

I got one of those pick-ups slips in my mailbox yesterday for a parcel I was expecting. Our carrier didn't leave it in our parcel box for some reason. I don't know why as it would not be that large. The P.O. pick-up office is ten miles away in a small, airless room. The slow and bitter employees there take FOREVER to find packages.

I am not going to go get the package as it is not a necessary item. Really don't want to be in a small, enclosed space with my fellow citizens right now!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 01:01 PM  
MsThistlebottom

YT video: Italians on lockdown encourage each other with singing.

I loved this!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 05:05 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
We stocked up on water augmented with yeast, hops, and barley.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 05:08 PM  
TracyQ

My company just announced that we will be telecommuting for the next 2-weeks.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing