Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-28-19, 09:35 AM  
wendug

Which Ilaria?

I'm thinking of buying an Ilaria Bodystrike workout as I want a workout for the legs. I've previewed the workouts and they all seem similar so I think having one in my collection is enough- but which one? Do you have a recommendation for a Bodystrike that you like best? TIA
Old 12-28-19, 01:33 PM  
starbelly

Number 2 is my personal favorite. It’s more challenging and has a greater variety of moves than 1 and #3 is just too difficult for me with kicks that are not a good fit. 1 and 2 are filmed in a room with natural light (an equinox studio), but 3 is filmed in the same dark room as the later Athleticas and Powerstrikes.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 05:58 PM  
jusca

There are some similarities between all of them however Ilaria changes the moves after so many rounds that surprisingly it's fun. The moves are built up then you move on. At the last round, you put all the moves together.

I grew to love 1 and 2. Both have different types of music. 2 has a live percussionist.Very easy on the knees and you can ramp it up or keep it low impact. 3 is my least favorite move-wise and music. It's too long especially the last chapter which stretches for like 15 mins doing the combination of all moves.

Cant go wrong with either 1 or 2.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 08:50 PM  
wendug

Jusca and Starbelly- Thanks for the feedback! I'll stick to volume 1 or 2, although I'm leaning toward vol. 1 since I'm not really a fan of percussionists as the music. I'll look at the clips again and see if I can get past that.
Old 12-28-19, 09:30 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I don't think Bodystrikes 2 has a live percussionist. It just has very percussion heavy electronic music in the background. Atletica 1 is the one with the live percussionist.

I'll be the lone dissenter and say I prefer Bodystrikes 3 of all the Bodystrikes videos. I know a lot of people don't care for the new set she used for that batch of videos, but it doesn't bother me. I really like the music in the workouts that use that set. And even though the cast seems a little lower in energy (they filmed I think 5 DVDs in a day or two, I believe), there's still something that I prefer about Vol. 3 to the first two.

I would really look at the clips on both Total Fitness DVDs, and on Collage Video to get a good idea of which one you think you might click with more.
Old 12-29-19, 11:37 AM  
AnMrsDe

I have Bodystrikes 1, 2, & 3. I like BS 1 but LOVE BS 2! It just seems to have such a fun vibe about it, great balance work and Ilaria is awesome in her form.

Wendy, you can have Bodystrikes 3 for an SASE, as I didn't care for that one at all, due mostly to the bad camera angles. Let me know!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 12:27 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I have Bodystrikes 1, 2, & 3. I like BS 1 but LOVE BS 2! It just seems to have such a fun vibe about it, great balance work and Ilaria is awesome in her form.

Wendy, you can have Bodystrikes 3 for an SASE, as I didn't care for that one at all, due mostly to the bad camera angles. Let me know!
AnMrsDe- I sent you a PM! Thank you for the offer!

I have Vol. 2 in my cart and also one of Ilaria's Powerstrikes. I love kickboxing and think I need to have some Ilaria in my collection!

Tags
bodystrike, bodystrikes, ilaria, ilaria montagnani