Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-19, 10:13 AM  
angie_nrs

Les Mills DVD's

i pulled out my Les Mills Pump set and was just wondering about the bonus disks that I did not get with my set. There are 3 workouts that I lack. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in about disk 8 Step, disk 9 Sports attack and disk 10 Combat. How long are each of them? Are they worth trying to get?

I looked online for these disks and wow, are they ever expensive! I purchased LM Combat a while ago....probably a couple of years ago and that set was easy to get and wasn't really very expensive. I haven't even done them all yet, but I wasn't all that impressed. Now, even LM Combat is not very plentiful online. Les Mills Pump is crazy expensive and way more difficult to find. I really like the Pump workouts, but geez, they're not THAT good. I would not spend the kind of money on them that they are going for now.

So, I doubt I will ever get my hands on the bonus DVD's, but I was just wondering if someone could satisfy my curiosity on them. Please tell me that they're just not that good.
Old 11-02-19, 10:47 AM  
violingal3

I really enjoy the step workout and sports attack. They are 30 minute cardios that don't kill you, and the time just flies by! I actually did them quite often during my pregnancy (a little modified for impact) because they were short and not killer. I did combat once and never again - just kinda boring and not much of a workout, I'm guessing it's around 30 minutes as well. Although I enjoy the two other workouts, they are super basic and nothing that you can't live without. Definitely not worth whatever crazy price they are going for on eBay or whatever.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 10:54 AM  
sherry7899

They are fun, but the streaming on demand classes are longer and have much more energy and better music. I got them very cheap during a flash sale, but they are not worth high prices. A month of streaming would be more fun. I prefer them over the Beachbody dvds.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 11:12 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I totally agree! Not worth the expense! I think they were sold as add-ons when they sold the set.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 12:21 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
They are fun, but the streaming on demand classes are longer and have much more energy and better music. I got them very cheap during a flash sale, but they are not worth high prices. A month of streaming would be more fun. I prefer them over the Beachbody dvds.
I agree. I just signed up again for OnDemand after being inspired by the “Am I too old for Les Mills” thread and am really loving the workouts, even though I do a lot of modifying. I’m pretty sure that last year Les Mills had a 30-day free trial or some other kind of special around Black Friday.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 12:29 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
I agree. I just signed up again for OnDemand after being inspired by the “Am I too old for Les Mills” thread and am really loving the workouts, even though I do a lot of modifying. I’m pretty sure that last year Les Mills had a 30-day free trial or some other kind of special around Black Friday.
They did have a 30 day trial for Black Friday last year . That is when I tried it out.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 01:34 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Although I enjoy the two other workouts, they are super basic and nothing that you can't live without. Definitely not worth whatever crazy price they are going for on eBay or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I totally agree! Not worth the expense! I think they were sold as add-ons when they sold the set.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I feel better being dis-enabled. That doesn't happen very often for me on this site. LOL!

For only 30 minute and not very tough workouts, it is an easy decision to pass. I don't do streaming so I still do the DVD's. I did a Combat workout out of that set since I posted this and it was a good workout. But, still, it's not worth the crazy prices on ebay. I'll just be glad that I have what I have and move along.....

Thanks again all!!!!!

Tags
les mills, les mills cardio, les mills pump, sports attack