Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-19, 07:47 PM  
Gams

Today Denise Austin said, “The family that stays together gets fit together.” I’m pretty sure she meant it the other way around.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 11:55 AM  
vanessakm

I was just looking for videos yesterday from old instructors I loved and was looking thru what was available from Bryan Kest (every woman who did yoga videos in the 90’s had a crush on Bryan Kest.) In one of his power yoga videos while the class was deep in some kind of asana, he said, “WHERE are you trying to go? You’re already here.”

I still kind of love that and think it’s great advice on staying grounded in yoga class.
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 12:29 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

One from Hannah Eden that I find myself saying out loud after anything particularly grueling: "But did you die?"
Old 10-27-19, 12:33 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Today Denise Austin said, “The family that stays together gets fit together.” I’m pretty sure she meant it the other way around.
In the same vein, in the Les Mills Combat Beachbody set, from the Combat Kick Start workout, Rachel says "Fat is your sweat crying". Ummm, Rachel, strike that, reverse it
Old 10-27-19, 05:41 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
In the same vein, in the Les Mills Combat Beachbody set, from the Combat Kick Start workout, Rachel says "Fat is your sweat crying". Ummm, Rachel, strike that, reverse it
Also, in Slim Series (can't remember which workout), Debbie says , "side on the stretch," realizes what she says and corrects herself with, "or stretch on the side. Either one." Always makes me chuckle.
Old 10-27-19, 07:49 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessakm View Post
I was just looking for videos yesterday from old instructors I loved and was looking thru what was available from Bryan Kest (every woman who did yoga videos in the 90’s had a crush on Bryan Kest.) In one of his power yoga videos while the class was deep in some kind of asana, he said, “WHERE are you trying to go? You’re already here.”

I still kind of love that and think it’s great advice on staying grounded in yoga class.
I remember that one! He also had a line that went something like, "Figure out where you are, and hang out there awhile." His 3-workout set is a classic. I emailed his studio in 1996 because I was going through a stressful time and his DVD really helped me. They emailed back and said thanks!

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 04:58 AM  
dianestjohn

In the Raquel Welch yoga video, in seated forward bend with legs in a V: “Now turn your head and put one cheek on the floor, now the other cheek on the floor, now both cheeks on the floor...”, all said in her soothing monotone yoga voice. Also Travis: “Sometimes I love the yoga instructor, sometimes I hate the yoga instructor - it’s a complicated relationship”
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 07:40 AM  
red1013

Denise Austin loves to talk about "burning that butter!", and it always makes me wonder how much butter she eats?

In the CTX lower body workouts when they lose count of the calf raises and Cathe says "thanks a lot guys!" it always cracks me up. Also in Supersets/Push Pull when she mentions looking like the Fonz, and says "are we giving up our age?".
Old 10-28-19, 09:12 PM  
Cher

Eoin Finn in Power Yoga for Happiness, he says, “It should feel like getting ice cream licked off your body.” (Or something along that lines). The first time I heard it I thought, “What did he just say?” Now I just laugh when I hear him say that.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-19, 01:32 AM  
VainJane

From Chris Blackburn, an amazing Pilates instructor who has several videos on Pilatesology - though this particular comment he made when I took a private session with him - "it's called a workout because it's work!" when I was moaning my way through the teaser series.

And since we're talking about Tanya Becker, who can forget the "cellulite, bye-bye" rap! I'm sure it sounds offensive to some, but I just thought it was hilarious.

ETA: I also love Ellen's "present yourself" - she says that in several workouts whenever you're coming back to center from rotating your torso.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructor quotes