Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-19, 08:22 PM  
daisyduke

Workouts similar to p90x

I’m finishing up another round of classic p90x and my results have been really out of this world. I know tony has a bunch of other workouts but I’m looking for something similar to the magic of p90x. I’ve tried body beast and got huge so not that. I also tried STS and got huge from that.

Would something like Peakfit be similar?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 08:20 AM  
upperwside

Peakfit is nothing like p90x, it more metabolic... I do love Peakfit .. !!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 03:52 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
I’m finishing up another round of classic p90x and my results have been really out of this world. I know tony has a bunch of other workouts but I’m looking for something similar to the magic of p90x. I’ve tried body beast and got huge so not that. I also tried STS and got huge from that.

Would something like Peakfit be similar?
It’s streaming, but Daily Burn has a program called Live to Fail that’s a similar format. Here’s a review from Disfunctional Parrot:
https://dysfunctionalparrot.com/heal...rn-livetofail/

I never did a full rotation but the workouts were similar in nature to P90X. I also had amazing results from P90X (see signature line ) and would love to do it again, but those kind of workouts wear me out too much now. P90X2 isn’t as fantastic as P90X, but I think the system has merit. I would probably do PLYO X instead of Plyocide if I were to do a rotation, though.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 04:58 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
.....P90X2 isn’t as fantastic as P90X, but I think the system has merit. I would probably do PLYO X instead of Plyocide if I were to do a rotation, though.
In my experience, P90X2 does seem to give similar or better results than P90X. That being said, many people went in expecting similar moves to P90X and got torqued when they were disappointed. I think P90X2 is an unsung gem. It really gets into the places that heavy lifting neglects. That may be another reason that the typical weight lifter rejected this program initially ---P90X2 will expose the weaknesses of the muscular folks who have the appearance of being fit. The program really emphasizes core strength and functional movement. It is good for gaining definition without much bulk. I personally do great with STS/Body Beast/Edge Booty Xtreme. Heavy lifting makes me smaller. But programs like P90X2 give definition and "Spiderman" skills. I grew to love doing push-ups on 4 medicine balls Darn--I think I've just talked myself into another P90x2 rotation

ETA: I liked P90X3 but it just didn't keep me ripped. I haven't revisited it in a while but would only consider using it as a sort of "rest" rotation. I never completed Peakfit as it seemed to make me more hungry and left me feeling slightly over-trained.

Review 1 / review 2 that may interest you.
Old 04-18-19, 05:22 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
In my experience, P90X2 does seem to give similar or better results than P90X. That being said, many people went in expecting similar moves to P90X and got torqued when they were disappointed. I think P90X2 is an unsung gem. It really gets into the places that heavy lifting neglects. That may be another reason that the typical weight lifter rejected this program initially ---P90X2 will expose the weaknesses of the muscular folks who have the appearance of being fit. The program really emphasizes core strength and functional movement. It is good for gaining definition without much bulk. I personally do great with STS/Body Beast/Edge Booty Xtreme. Heaving lifting makes me smaller. But programs like P90X2 give definition and "Spiderman" skills. I grew to love doing push-ups on 4 medicine balls Darn--I think I've just talked myself into another P90x2 rotation

ETA: I liked P90X3 but it just didn't keep me ripped. I haven't revisited it in a while but would only consider using it as a sort of "rest" rotation. I never completed Peakfit as it seemed to make me more hungry and left me feeling slightly over-trained.

Review 1 / review 2 that may interest you.
I agree with you about P90X2. I also experienced overtraining with PeakFit and I think it has way too much impact.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-19, 12:41 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Supreme 90 except with no pull ups.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-19, 09:39 PM  
daisyduke

Thank you everyone for the help! I forgot about supreme 90 and I am going to check out daily burn!

Taiga do you think p90x3 doubles would be better?
Old 04-19-19, 10:31 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
Thank you everyone for the help! I forgot about supreme 90 and I am going to check out daily burn!

Taiga do you think p90x3 doubles would be better?
I'm sure you could increase results by doubling but I just couldn't keep the definition in my muscles doing that program. And it wasn't exciting enough (for me any way) that I would be able to tolerate a trial of doing doubles. I liked the program ok but P90X, P90X+ and P90X2 are all better programs when it comes to muscle definition (with limited bulk). I'm not criticizing P90X3. I think it just had different goals. And in all fairness, the workouts are generally shorter in length than the other "X" programs.

Supreme 90 was actually pretty good. I had better results with P90X2 but Supreme 90 was definitely respectable. The pace was a bit more harried than in P90X so I never revisited that set. And not to make it harder on you, but UFC Fit and Rush Fit also provided nice muscle definition, though there was more focus on body weight exercises.
Old 04-20-19, 01:11 PM  
daisyduke

Thank you for those suggestions! Keep them coming!
Old 04-22-19, 02:27 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Ript90 is also similar.
Here's a review on 2 Lazy 4 the Gym's blog.
https://2lazy4gym.com/2015/07/27/ript90/

AND I have this one up for trade if you're interested.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
p90x2, p90x2 results, similar to p90x