Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-16, 10:39 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
Your age and apparent fitness and health can be detrimental to a doctor wanting to think you might have heart issues. I hope your symptoms are nothing more than pinched nerve related.
Who would have guessed we'd have to be worried about looking too good for our age! I think the OP has a pinched nerve because I've experienced variations of that over the years.

I sometimes get irregular heartbeats with shortness of breath when my upper back between my shoulder blades locks up. I see my chiropractor and hear Rice Krispies snap-crackle-pop sounds as she unlocks the area. Instant cure! Figured it out after seeing a cardiologist who recommended surgery. Makes me wonder how many people have had unnecessary surgery for a simple fix. Never hurts to get a second opinion though.
Old 01-01-17, 09:36 AM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Please ask for a second opinion on your cervical spine/neck. Best wishes, I hope everything turns out okay.
Definitely! I also would suggest a neurosurgeon versus just an ortho doctor.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 01:08 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I had some similar symptoms years ago. I had physical therapy for it, which didn't make a difference. I think my mistake is I went to a sports physician who wan't all that interested in an overweight middle aged lady. It resolved itself eventually.

But, I have to agree about getting it checked, your symptoms were much more similar to heart attack symptoms than mine.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote