Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-16, 05:38 AM  
Cher

Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't preorder and wasn't going to but this does give me something to think about possibly preordering. Does anyone know how much this round of preordering went up price wise from the original?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 07:25 AM  
buffmama

This only increases the value of these workouts to me. Just one more way to use them. Glad she's listening to her customers. Wonder if she thinks having the low impact option will provide motivation for people to ramp it down when maybe they wouldn't otherwise. (I might be one of those people....)
Old 10-13-16, 07:40 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
This only increases the value of these workouts to me. Just one more way to use them. Glad she's listening to her customers. Wonder if she thinks having the low impact option will provide motivation for people to ramp it down when maybe they wouldn't otherwise. (I might be one of those people....)
I'm guessing she's just trying to expand her potential customer base by pulling in those people who don't buy Cathe workouts because of the impact. As Deineira suggested, she is also probably trying to preserve the customers that she has: she must realize that her Cathletes are aging along with her and maybe want suggestions on how to lower the impact while continuing to do her workokuts.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 07:58 AM  
desderata

That's an interesting point - I wonder what the demographics are of Cathe's customers? My guess, and it's only that, is that a large part of her download/dvd/cathe live customers are around her age and have been working out with her for years. Cathe is a phenom and I wouldn't be shocked to see her doing IMAX moves for another decade, but many of us aren't that fortunate.

My daughters are 18 and 24 and I've tried to get them to use my Cathe dvds but they are not interested at all. They will use the Pump, Combat, Turbofire sets, but no Cathe. The 24 year old and her friends are all into this Tone it Up thing with this fitness and lifestyle site where the two women trainers post videos and recipes, etc. I bought her the nutrition plan for her birthday and ended up on their email list - getting a Booty Call every morning (I realized that was a reminder to workout ) and all these emails referring to my 56 year old person as "you Hot Babe>" Definitely a different vibe than Cathe's.

Long and rambling, but my point is, if you're right and Cathe's customer base is getting to the point where a lot of high impact isn't possible due to arthritis, old injuries, etc., she probably needs to get over the anti-modifier thing. Things may have turned around - where the majority of her customers used to be those wanting super advanced workouts (us!), those may now be in the minority and I don't think she's appealing to today's twentysomethings like she did when we were in our twenties.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 08:02 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
...There was a lot of negative feedback on Amanda modifying in ICE. ...
Amanda barely modified anything. And when she did, it didn't last very long.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 08:23 AM  
bearcatfan

That sound you just heard was me caving after I said I wouldn't

It was $9 more for just the basic dvd package without the cycling one.

My reason? I've revamped my workout space a little so I can more easily work out super early in the morning. When I went to pick out a dvd, I picked among my Cathes. She's my go-to, especially if these workouts are well-chaptered and chime in under an hour.
Old 10-13-16, 08:39 AM  
antbuko

I think I would like the pop up, assuming Cathe demonstrates the low impact option and then the pop up is gone. I think this is a good idea!
Old 10-13-16, 08:59 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't preorder and wasn't going to but this does give me something to think about possibly preordering. Does anyone know how much this round of preordering went up price wise from the original?

I am enjoying Cathe workouts again since I got a few of the ICE series. I just bought Flex Train and Lean Legs and Abs. Now with a modifier I am going to check these out. But I will wait for clips. Pick what I like and hopefully get
10OFF and free shipping from Mary.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 10:47 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Glad for the modifier, not sure about the pop-up. Hope the clips show an example...
Old 10-13-16, 10:48 AM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
That's an interesting point - I wonder what the demographics are of Cathe's customers? My guess, and it's only that, is that a large part of her download/dvd/cathe live customers are around her age and have been working out with her for years. Cathe is a phenom and I wouldn't be shocked to see her doing IMAX moves for another decade, but many of us aren't that fortunate.
This has been brought up before...I'm w/ you in guessing the majority of people who follow her ARE around her age. And even I have had to tone it down a little, which I thought would NEVER happen!! I can still do Imax but I don't want to go that hard everyday. I'm glad she's giving us this option. This is why we love her, right?!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe strong and sweaty, modifier, strong and sweaty