Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-16, 09:48 AM  
bubbles76

They sound better than I thought they would, but they also sound like I can't do them . I want to buy, because Cathe is still making dvds. And I like nearly everything Cathe puts out. But if she puts something out that I can't do, or don't see myself doing, then what's the point in buying? I guess, for now, I'll pass. But I may change my mind later. I can always sell them on VF Roost. I wish I knew more about length, premixes, and intensity level. Oh, and whether or not there would be a modifier. How long is the presale?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-16, 10:48 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I'm passing on these as they sound very advanced; I am in love with the ICE series and will continue with the many premix ICE options until Cathe returns to her senses and makes ICE Series 2
I agree, for the first time in years I am excited about Cathe again and it's all because of the ICE series. I am tempted to order or try and trade for some of her other DVDs like Flextrain, HIIT Upper Body Circuit, HIIT Legs and maybe a few others but I think I should just stick with ICE for now. I also have a couple from LIS that I just traded for that I need to try.

Truth be told, most of her stuff is too advanced and high impact for me. I have gotten to be pretty good at modifying impact though, but I need to just do what I have and if I get myself in amazing shape, then maybe get some of her other stuff.

But yes, I would like to see an ICE 2 someday, even a Low Impact Circuit 2 and Pyramids 2 would be nice. Cathe...are you listening?
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-16, 11:12 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
I did see that the FAQ section says usual equipment (but how much - bands, discs, stability ball, barbell in addition to step and weights?) and no modifier. I'm a little disappointed with the modifier decision, since I thought the feedback from ICE purchasers was "it would be better if Amanda did MORE modifications", not "you're watering down your product with a modifier." Ah well, beating a dead horse with that complaint....
I think Amanda did a nice job of modifying in ICE but I think Marlo would have been a better choice. It appeared to me that it was hard for her to modify because she likely wanted to go all out. She is in such amazing shape too, she has a very enviable figure which I wouldn't mind having. Still, I think she did a nice job.

And while I am enjoying Cathe again this is why I will likely stick with her intermediate stuff. I don't care for high impact and anything jarring. Shoot, I did the step premix of Low Impact Circuit yesterday which is mostly low impact except for some minor hops and my lower back is feeling it today. I think about acquiring some of her more intermediate step workouts again like Body Fusion and Low Impact step but they are not all low impact. I think Low Impact Circuit is actually more low impact than those two. I also have Athletic Training which is low impact but really wastes me. Yeah, I will just stick with what I have got for now.

I am very grateful to Cathe for making ICE but a modifier is really helpful for me. I am pretty good at modifying on my own but having someone to follow does help at times.
Old 08-21-16, 01:39 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I don't care for high impact and anything jarring. Shoot, I did the step premix of Low Impact Circuit yesterday which is mostly low impact except for some minor hops and my lower back is feeling it today. I think about acquiring some of her more intermediate step workouts again like Body Fusion and Low Impact step but they are not all low impact. I think Low Impact Circuit is actually more low impact than those two. I also have Athletic Training which is low impact but really wastes me. Yeah, I will just stick with what I have got for now.
Just wanted to comment that Cathe's Low Impact Series was really bad for my back. I rarely do those workouts anyway since the music is so terrible, but the way she took out impact but kept it intense with a lot of lower body moves and repetition just didn't work for me. Speed was too fast, too...
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-16, 04:34 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
Just wanted to comment that Cathe's Low Impact Series was really bad for my back. I rarely do those workouts anyway since the music is so terrible, but the way she took out impact but kept it intense with a lot of lower body moves and repetition just didn't work for me. Speed was too fast, too...
Thanks Wendy, that is good to know. I only have AT and Total Body Trisets, which I traded for. I don't think I will be adding any others. I will attempt AT again someday but not at the step height she does it at. I see myself skipping some exercises too. It doesn't look bad on preview but it's tough. I definitely need to be in better shape when and if I attempt it again.
Old 08-22-16, 04:34 PM  
toomuchjoy

I should know this but does Cathe usually warn you before the presale price goes up? Not when the presale is over but usually the price increases over time before dvd's are completed.

I'm still deciding so I'm wondering how long I can procrastinate.
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 04:41 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchjoy View Post
I should know this but does Cathe usually warn you before the presale price goes up? Not when the presale is over but usually the price increases over time before dvd's are completed.

I'm still deciding so I'm wondering how long I can procrastinate.
I've been wondering this too since I haven't placed an order yet. (Hard to justify when I am enjoying The Firm so much but I don't want to miss a great deal if I want these later!)

I did notice today her newsletter said "Act Now! Offer Ends Soon".

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 04:48 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post

Truth be told, most of her stuff is too advanced and high impact for me. I have gotten to be pretty good at modifying impact though, but I need to just do what I have and if I get myself in amazing shape, then maybe get some of her other stuff.

But yes, I would like to see an ICE 2 someday, even a Low Impact Circuit 2 and Pyramids 2 would be nice. Cathe...are you listening?
This is me. I've learned to modify so much that when I did her ICE workouts it felt almost funny to go along with her (for the most part--I still modified those). But I would also be interested in another Low Impact Series. I didn't care for that set at first but several of those workouts ended up being my favorites of hers.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 12:10 AM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchjoy View Post
Yes. Every time the price goes up, they give about a week or so warning. Someone usually posts that info here letting everyone know, too.
Old 08-23-16, 04:24 AM  
bearcatfan

I think I've decided I will just buy the upper body one when it comes out. With Mary's discount and free shipping, it will be a decent financial choice.

The "anything for a minute" dvd sounds a lot like Drill Max and Boot Camp. I'm sure it will be different enough, but probably not enough to warrant having three dvds like this.

I have a lot of Cathe cardio, which I have strayed from recently in favor of more fun and less stress. I would have to see clips, but I think I have enough here.

I like basic weight training, one body part at a time, and I like upper/lower splits. I'm not sure I'd use the PHA dvd as intended .... I'd probably look for premixes or skip chapters, and I do have my favorite Cathe mixes already that I turn to again and again. Same for giant sets, although that sounds more promising.

As always, I reserve the right to change my mind. But that is the decision I finally came to after mulling it over.

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, peripheral heart action, strong and sweaty