Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-21, 11:22 AM  
mamaste

The Truth About Getting Fit At Home (BBC Special)

This is my favorite time of year to watch British TV. January is when all the health and fitness shows air. One of my favorite this year is from BBC: The Truth About Getting Fit At Home. You can watch ton YouTube:

https://youtu.be/N5Me1fpbmDQ
Old 01-17-21, 11:35 AM  
mimikz

Ooooo great! Thank you

Mimi K
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 01:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just finished watching it. Thank you very much for posting the link. I really enjoyed it!
Old 01-17-21, 01:41 PM  
jusca

thanks!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 02:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Sports bras

I randomly jumped to the 32:15 mark and there's an interesting discussion and testing of the effect of exercise on breast movement, breast stretching and ligaments when not properly supported and how much 3 different general types of sports bras are able to reduce breast movement during exercise. This segment is only about 5 minutes long. They only momentarily touch on the topic of ligaments and long-term breast damage--wish they spent more time on this--but they were able to scientifically measure how much the participants breasts moved during exercise.

Spoiler alert: The usual compression (uniboob) sports bra reduces breast movement by about 55% whereas an encapsulation bra (where each breast is supported separately--center of the bra should be almost flat against the chest) reduced breast movement by about 70%, and the combo encapsulation/compression type I think reduced movement by about 73%.

So for those who do running or jumping movements, the encapsulation or encapsulation/compression combo type bra is recommended for comfort, maximum reduction of breast movement and therefore reduction of long-term breast damage.

The women testing the bras looked fairly average by the way--not like fitness models.

This segment is followed by a segment about "compression" clothing and whether it really speeds up post-workout recovery. I don't have time to watch the whole thing right now but I'll probably watch/listen to the whole thing from the beginning later.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 06:50 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Mamaste, thank you for posting that link. It was very interesting. It makes me wonder if I should get a smart watch....hmmmm.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 09:03 PM  
amery

I just finished watching and really enjoyed it! Thanks for posting the link!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 09:16 PM  
Leonana

Thanks for the link!
Old 01-18-21, 08:50 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
This is my favorite time of year to watch British TV. January is when all the health and fitness shows air. One of my favorite this year is from BBC: The Truth About Getting Fit At Home. You can watch ton YouTube:

https://youtu.be/N5Me1fpbmDQ
Thanks for posting the link!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 12:04 PM  
cttx31

Very interesting. But I didn't really agree with the sports bra section. IMHO, the only bras that really work on high impact, for me anyway, are the regular Enell, and any sports bra combined with a buband. I believe Enell would be considered a compression bra but because it's tight and not stretchy, it would prevent bounce much better than the stretchy compression bra they used in their test. So in my opinion, it's the design of the bra, and not whether it's compression or encapsulation.

Carol T.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bras, documentary, sports bra, sports bras