Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-20, 07:51 AM  
wendug

Reebok Severs Ties with Crossfit

I do not do Crossfit, but I have watched the games and enjoy the strength and athleticism of the competitors. I think some of you do Crossfit and might know this information already, but thought I would post it anyway.

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/ree...rticle_title_7
Old 06-09-20, 08:11 AM  
bubbles76

Oh wow.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 10:16 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I had heard about the initial tweet but then doubling down with that response to the CrossFit athlete!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 11:15 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
I had heard about the initial tweet but then doubling down with that response to the CrossFit athlete!
Yeah, that response is quite horrific.
Old 06-10-20, 05:32 AM  
amoodygirl

Glassman was on 60 Minutes a few years ago. After seeing what an ass he was, I refused to give my money to Crossfit but confess I love doing the WOD at home if available. He is crude, rude and so full of himself.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 07:58 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I think I saw that he has resigned as CrossFit CEO.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 10:03 AM  
VainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs View Post
I think I saw that he has resigned as CrossFit CEO.
The company lost most (all?) of its revenue due to his behavior, so of course he had to resign. I don't think his resignation is a statement of remorse, it's just an attempt to save the company. If his resignation gets the company back into business, he'll still benefit as a cofounder, so I hope the gyms and companies that severed ties with CrossFit don't change their minds after this.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 11:44 AM  
dianestjohn

Can someone please explain what his response meant? Was he implying that he hopes African Americans get the virus? Sorry, I read about this before and can’t understand his response.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 12:13 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainJane View Post
The company lost most (all?) of its revenue due to his behavior, so of course he had to resign. I don't think his resignation is a statement of remorse, it's just an attempt to save the company. If his resignation gets the company back into business, he'll still benefit as a cofounder, so I hope the gyms and companies that severed ties with CrossFit don't change their minds after this.
100% agree
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 12:43 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
Can someone please explain what his response meant? Was he implying that he hopes African Americans get the virus? Sorry, I read about this before and can’t understand his response.
I took his remark to mean that Floyd's murder has taken over recent news the way the COVID-19 pandemic has taken over news for the past several months. Floyd's murder overtook COVID-19 in media, hence FLOYD-19. I could be wrong though, but that's how I took it.

ETA: I reread the article. I have no idea what his response means: "I was trying to stick it to the @IHME_UW for their invalidated models resulting in needless, economy-wrecking, life-wrecking lockdown." How does saying It's FLOYD-19 stick it to @IHME_UW? I understand how the lockdown has upset many gyms, to include CrossFit boxes, as the lockdowns have directly affected their income.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, crossfit