Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-21, 06:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Terribly Behind

And I know it. I have to go back and look how far. I know it's NOT pretty!

Pam: Love the avatar. So bright and cheery. I come here and see that and think happy spring thoughts. Consistency is wonderful (as always). I just noticed your Tony Robbins quote in your signature line. Maybe there all along, but this morning I saw it! It's a keeper. Enjoy your change of scenery and visiting.

Helen: We're here for you. During your recuperation no matter what you decide. I couldn't imagine having to be so careful (as you have been for the last many months). I know if it were me, I'd be accidentally retweaking it constantly. Good luck. and of course, walking and when the time comes rehabbing WILL count towards your "every day in _________", I know you will do what will be best for the LONG term outcome.

Lili: I did some workout and said "Ohhh I have to remember to tell Lili about this one" but darned if I can remember !!! Oy .... But you will find Adrian's strengths are often very doable and straight forward. I love his workouts. (I do tend to stick with beginner and intermediate though as we can make them as easy or as difficult as we want. and they still work!)

HappyLadi
--- come back!! Where are you??? Post .. say hi. Whatever.

Waves to Kay!

On to my favorite subject: me, me and all me.

My strength challenge continues. New feature in Peloton (stacking). Which means I can queue up all my workouts and then just hit "continue" to make it one workout after another. I don't have to stop and find the next one and then click it and start. It doesn't sound like much, but it's truly a time saver and in the a.m. when getting ready for work, those 5-20 mins. add up. And there's no time to back out! Anyway ... Love the "stacking" feature.

I also went out and got a Roku Express for the tv in my workout room. I had been using a cable and hooking the Ipad up to the screen and mirroring it that way. It worked ok, but there was a HUGE amount of lag time and freeze and catch up. Kinda bugged me, but I went with most audio cues. With the Roku Express? I can mirror from my BIKE and it's AWESOME. And It has You Tube on it also, so I can do my workouts on there that i have saved and makes rebounding and kettlebells all the more enjoyable. Maybe I'll have more workouts in my future check ins. At least easier to do. I can also see doing Bootcamps on the Elliptical. (Makes it much easier!!!) this is all good.

Was 1/9 REALLY my last check in?????

1/10/2021: 10 mins. Core (Robin ARzon), 20 mins. Core (Adrian Williams), 10 mins. Restorative Yoga (denis Morton), 20 mins. Beginner Flow Yoga with Kristen McGee, 45 mins. 80s ride with Ally, 10 mins. low impact ride & 5 mins. stretch

1/11/2021: 30 mins. Tread Bootcamp with Adrian, 10 mins. core with Selena, 10 mins. Lower body with Selena, 20 mins. lower Body Robin Arzon

1/12/2021: Rowed 20 mins., core 10 mins with Emma, 10 mins. Arms with Ally, 20 mins. Ally Carribean Ride Just wanted a nice easy feel good day!

1/13/2021: Meditation (ran out of time before work to exercise and frankly? I was pretty tired! a meditation day did me good)

1/14/2021: 30 mins. Cher Ride, 5 minutes post ride stretch, 10 mins. Lower Body Rebecca Kennedy

1/15/2021: Core 10 mins. (Olivaia), 10 mins Chest & Back (rebecca), 20 mins. Upper body (Andy Speer), 30 mins. Pop Ride Ally Love, 15 mins. Soul Ride Ally Love, 10 mins. Year of Yes Stretch with Robin Arzon and 20 mins. Naomi Joy Rebounding beginner cardio workout**

I remembered what it was Lili!!! ** Naomi Joy rebounding. Check her out. She's wonderful. I did a 20 minute beginner cardio workout (and beginner was just fine for me). She's very good. She has a channel, lots of videos and with You Tube now on my Roku Express, I can do the workouts much better. There is a countdown timer (for time remaining in the workout) and she did a lot. She even posts a little banner at one point at the bottom that says, "you may not be on the same beat or bounce as I am" or something like that. Which I liked because I can't always keep up with the instructors. There are so many factors, from bungee strength to height to whatever. Sooooo ... Check her out. Great workouts.

Yes Helen! That's YOGA in my check in AGAIN. I loved the restorative yoga as it was doable. The other one? I subbed a beginner workout (it called for intermediate) and I did ok. I purchased 2 more yoga blocks and got a blanket out to have all the props. I did have to use 3 yoga blocks at one time ... eeeeeek. Oh well. I'm working it. (and getting slightly better!)

Ok, that's it for me. Gotta get in a groove for 2021. Exercise is good. The strength challenge is halfway over (for the month) but food needs to be better. I've kinda taken a little break and it's time to get busy again.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 09:56 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I feel like I'm posting every day, but then I check the date... oh well.

Pam - Enjoy your time in the city and with family. It's so hard to do any more.
Cleda - as always, thank you for the recommendation! I keep a notepad at my computer and write them down (then try not to lose them when I take them to the basement workout area. Can't believe you are doing yoga, too!
Helen - hang in there! We're here if you need to vent.
happilady - hope all is well and we didn't chase you off.

1/14 - dog walk
MadFit's Full Body Stretch/Yoga for Stress & Anxiety Relief
Up to the Beat's 2021 New Year 2 Mile Walk
1/15 - dog walk
Rick Bhullar's 3000 Steps in 23 Minutes Disco Funk - loved this one, very dancy and loved the music!
Peloton's 20 Min Arms & Shoulder Strength w/ Selena
10 minutes of rebounding
Calm Meditate Impermanence

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 03:01 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post and run for me, I’ll catch up on personals next week.

Jan 16:
~Big step count with city walks & outdoor play time with our granddaughters....20,428
~yoga: forward bends & hip openers on my own

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 08:32 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

So I don't get too far behind and to say hi! and keep this check in going. Along with all our regulars. . . .

Lili: Glad you write down the recommendations. That's exactly how I do some. I find people on my Peloton groups or I do some research here at VF or my friends from other forums. It's great to "crowd source" like that. I am always looking. Of course, when I got into looking at MORE You tube videos for Naomi, I saw more for San Fran and I just LOVE her accent. so I put more in my "watch later" queue. Silly things to keep me happy.

Pam: WHOAH .... what a step count. That's great. and it was while visiting and enjoying life! Good on ya! (as Charlene would say.)

Waves to Helen, Happilady and Kay!

on to me, me and all me:

1/16/2021: 10 mins. Core (Adrian) 10 mins. Full Body (Rebecca), 20 minutes full body (Adrian), 45 mins. Bootcamp with full body and elliptical (tunde), 10 mins. FB stretch with Adrian

There was another stack!!! done and dusted. I know it looks like a lot but to be honest? I think I'm working out LESS than before. Certainly less cardio. I heard (But haven't confirmed) that the roll out has happened for the "stacking" on the app. I can't seem to find it on the IOS app, but will see if it's on the app on Roku Express. There was a slight hiccup yesterday in my "stack". As the bike was mirroring to the tv and it didn't play nice when I had a tread/bootcamp set up to do. It wouldn't play it. I think the bike got confused, since it was a "treadmill" workout (and I don't have a Peloton Tread) therefore, it wouldn't play it.

I should be more sore than I am? Or so I think. It's crazy. I suppose I'm in better shape than I give myself credit for. Onward! I am loving that with the Roku Express I am able to get in other workouts. I've used the Elliptical and the rebounder in the past couple of days. Nice for variety. I also played Occulus last night.

Now to get my food in line.

Oh and the yoga? Yes. I am doing it because the challenge calls for it. I am also bookmarking some that are yoga "Slow" flows and are supposed to be more like stretching. (Suggestions That I've seen on other forums)Those I'm sure I can handle. On the progression front ~ I can also do some regular (on my toes) planks and I also can do some legs in and out on planks and some other variations. I may not last the full minute or whatever they do, but it's progression and it's a start and even on my knees? I know it's doing me good. And core every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. And I've survived. Side planks? Well, that's a whole nother story! but I try.

Make it a great day!
Onward to a new week.
New challenge (just a guideline since I'm not participating) Power Zone starts tomorrow. I am going to follow along - but the pressure is NOT there to have to get them done. Should be interesting to see how I do or if I do or what I do. lol.

Cleda
Old 01-17-21, 07:39 PM  
Helen

Popping in, but feeling blah..... bored, DH away, no jumping, ....

CLEDA
Sorry about the tech problems, always frustrating.
My buddy can't do side planks at all either. Have you tried with a knee down?

PAM
That IS a big step count. Nice to be able to play with GDs.

LILI
Glad you're hanging in with the Sadhana.

HAPPYLADI
WAVES!!

Have walked Alice every day, THREE times a day! She especially likes the late evening walks down to the harbour. Like toddlers - always more exciting to be out late. No 'push' on the pace, so I can make an hour each time. They pad out the days - whilst out, I plan what to do when I get back.

Have physio appointment tomorrow (Tue) at 3pm, where he can let me know WHAT I'm allowed to do, and boy oh boy, will I ever be DOING it!

Have done lots of weeding - sitting on the ground (no squatting).
Some sewing - masks in fun fabric for Bridget - mandatory everywhere in Sydney again.
The house is REALLY clean!
Have NOT DONE ANY work-work. Refuse to do any until one week before back-to-work, so it'll begin on the 20th

DH isn't home until Thursday night.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 05:23 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not the end of the world!

Helen: if those (tech) problems are the worst of my problems? I'm pretty good!

Waves to all. Going to check in and run because it's Monday (my long day at work) and I have to get in my workout! Today starts a power zone challenge (that I'm not officially doing) but still following. Go figure.

1/17/2021: Rowed 15 mins, 30 mins. Core, 30 mins Sundays With Love**, 45 mins. 90s Rcok Ride, 10 mins. Restorative Yoga, 20 mins. Slow Flow Yoga

It's official! I CANNOT stand yoga. I really can't. I chose the beginner slow flow one because it was well, slower. Yep. Still a lot. Restorative yoga is ok as I can lie on the floor and nap if I want to

Sundays With Love is BACK and I loved it. Can't remember what the virtue was now. I have to go back and look, but it was appropriate and the message was spot on for me.

Off to drink more coffee.
Make it a great week!
Cleda
Old 01-19-21, 01:19 AM  
Helen

I'm just back from the physio.

I can go right back to what I was doing with the only additional limitation of not bending knee beyond 30Ί, as that opens up the knee joint enough that may allow the torn meniscus to flip over on itself between the bones, so no squats to usual depth (elbows to thighs), but only half/quarter squats instead; and no twisting. Showed him how I was doing long diagonal hops across the step & ricochets by lifting first & doing the turn with body before landing, ... he was happy. He totally trusted me to "don't do anything stupid".

He DID test my glute strength & stability with a one-legged static squat whilst holding a 5kg weight & moving it from side to side, keeping hips/knee to front, said "Keep doing it until you reach fatigue", but told me to stop when he saw that I could keep doing it for a couple of minutes. He may have been checking that my ability matched what I was saying about my workouts.

So tonight - I'll be picking up with Day 14 on the Sadhana, have booked Kathryn (buddy) in for 7pm, and perhaps a late-night C25k jog with Alice. I'm SO KEEN!!

CLEDA
Oh yes, on the tech problems - I really like the notion of the phrase: "First world problems".
Coffee - Watched the BBC Fitness at Home link that was on GD, and coffee 30-60min prior to a workout IMPROVES performance. Science is on my side!

Yesterday (Monday) - dog walks, weeding, sewing.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-19-21, 04:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: That's GREAT news for you. (on the working out front and doing what you're doing.) I am so happy for you as I know there was a lot of concern. And look at you showing him how our working out and Every Day In ____ has lead you to be soooo strong! And I know you willl continue to be super careful. I don't know how you do it. I would probably use it as an excuse to stop working out and start eating. (Doesn't take much with me. And doing C25K? You make me feel like I truly should step up my running (again!) ...

Waves to everybody. Going to do a quick check in and get about my day.

I am so enjoying the new "stacking" feature on Peloton. It just makes it so much easier to line up the workouts, know how much time to allow and push play.

1/18/2021: 10 mins Core w/Oliva, 10 mins. Glutes & Legs w/Selena, 20 mins. Glutes & Legs w/ Robin, 45 mins. Power Zone Ride ** w/Matt, 5 mins. Cool down stretch (bike)

** He's bacccccccckkkkkkkk .... I'm still doing the Power Zone rides (they are only 4 a week this time, so it does leave me time to do other things. I did not actually commit to the challenge as I want the flexibility to do other workouts. I think it's a great idea. I was actually so pleased to be back at it again. I missed the Power Zone rides. They are predictable, they are sweat producers and they don't go all out. My power zone training has made me strong! It may get a little boring (intervals were 9, 7, 5, and 3 minutes long in zone 3 ... but it really works. Not to mention sweat??? Yeah baby!!!

I am into my 3rd week of the Strength challenge. It's interesting to do every day. Never that much. Truth be told the rules are: I can do all of the worouts (which I normally do) or pick what I want. So again, the flexibility if I'm short on time. I could do ONE of the glutes and legs or all (which I usually do) and the core. So timewise? Only takes 20-40 mins. each day of strength. I think it's a been a great adventure. It does require a bit of preplanning on my part, but it's working. Life is good. I seem to do much better with a rotation and/or some type of structure. If even if it is a "buffet".

Ok, gotta go ....
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 01-19-21, 04:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ps ....

But still? My biggest problem is: TIME ....

I don't have enough time to do all the fun workouts I want to do. (Strength, bellicon, treadmill, elliptical, rowing, Peloton, etc, etc. etc.)

I also signed up for a year of Get Healthy U TV (with Chris Freytag?) Gold membership. I had been a member many, MANY years ago when she first launched the platform. She's been trying to convince me to come back for years. Now with the roku express - I am able to stream and it's much more convenient. (if it's not easy? I won't do it!) So I have all of those workouts to choose from also. It has improved in so many ways and so many more workouts then when she first started!

My goal with GHU tv? Is to do ONE workout a month. JUST ONE ... and that makes it worth the $12 I spent for the subscription!

Ok, gotta run for real.
Cleda
Old 01-19-21, 04:57 AM  
Helen

$12 is a great subscription price! and Chris Freytag is SO lovely.

Ok it's official, I'm back on board: (will edit later to add, but I couldn't wait)
Tue., 19th Jan.
49min, Denise - Sizzler with ZERO 'wobblies' - yes, I'm careful.
Paper slip with weights used last time (2015) had mostly 3kg which seemed light, so went 0.5kg heavier on for everything listed, and it was fine.
yet to do a yoga for Sadhana, and Alice is keen for her night walk - hence the "edit later to add" above.
ETA 33min, Tim - 30 Day Challenge - Day 04 for Sadhana
45min, dog walk

The only down side is that physio said to expect a whole month off work if the surgery happens .... wait.... is that a DOWN side?!?!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.