Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-21, 06:50 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

This was really interesting! I wish the presenter had explained how she manages to exercise without breaking those nails, though

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 07:29 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
This was really interesting! I wish the presenter had explained how she manages to exercise without breaking those nails, though
I think her workouts were mostly focused on working her booty and running. Her nails would be safe doing these. I too found this program interesting.
Old 01-18-21, 09:04 PM  
cyana

Quote:
I enjoyed the program, so thank you to the O.P. for posting the link. I enjoyed hearing all the different fitness angles the various universities were studying.

I must admit, I kept thinking how ill I'd be if I poked one of those fingernails through an expensive pair of work-out tights! I have a hole in a pair of my Lucy tights (purchased just before they were absorbed into the North Face) and it aggravates the crap out of me every time I see that little hole and I have no clue how it happened.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 01:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I really wish the special had another presenter. I found her annoying enough to not finish watching. I doubt she would ever pick up a weight or do yoga again.

Really, are Vampira fingernails a thing now?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:46 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I really wish the special had another presenter. I found her annoying enough to not finish watching. I doubt she would ever pick up a weight or do yoga again.

Really, are Vampira fingernails a thing now?
I get what you are saying. I am about half way through, but will finish it. I think I'm not so much annoyed, but a bit disappointed that they didn't have someone who truly enjoyed exercising as the presenter.

However, I am enjoying the overall documentary very much, especially the knowledge from the experts.

I also love the accents! I didn’t realize they called jumping jacks, star jumps. Kind of cute!
Old 01-19-21, 08:13 PM  
Leonana

I found the part about technology increasing people’s motivation to exercise interesting. I thought I read a study that said Fitbits don’t really increase fitness, but maybe I’m not remembering correctly. I have no smart watch or heart rate monitor, and I exercise regularly. But now I’m wondering if I need a heart rate monitor to make sure I’m at the right intensity. However, I can’t do high impact, so it might be a challenge.
Old 01-20-21, 11:21 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I found the part about technology increasing people’s motivation to exercise interesting. I thought I read a study that said Fitbits don’t really increase fitness, but maybe I’m not remembering correctly. I have no smart watch or heart rate monitor, and I exercise regularly. But now I’m wondering if I need a heart rate monitor to make sure I’m at the right intensity. However, I can’t do high impact, so it might be a challenge.
I wondered how much of that interim result was due to the technology and how much was due to being part of a study, i.e. "they gave me this expensive, nifty gadget and are watching me." The group without the tech weren't as committed, but they might not feel as much obligation/investment without the tech variable. It would be interesting to hear the long term results, since the study hadn't been going for very long yet.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 03:19 PM  
Cola

thank-you! ive saved the video to watch tomorrow morning while i do my rebounding
Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 04:03 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
I wondered how much of that interim result was due to the technology and how much was due to being part of a study, i.e. "they gave me this expensive, nifty gadget and are watching me." The group without the tech weren't as committed, but they might not feel as much obligation/investment without the tech variable. It would be interesting to hear the long term results, since the study hadn't been going for very long yet.
Good point about being in the study having an affect.
Old 01-21-21, 12:59 AM  
prettyinpink

Interesting, but I think they tried to cover too many topics too superficially.

Especially the segment on her. It wasn’t very clear what was wrong with her exercise routine. She had a healthy weight and normal body fat levels. And there is some debate on whether people should eat right before exercising. I feel like some important personal details about her routine might have been left out.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bras, documentary, sports bra, sports bras