Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-20, 03:58 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Just my opinion but it feels like some of the posts in the thread are straying into politics and being harsh toward different viewpoints. It's a touchy subject, to be sure, but I think we all just want to come out of this on the other side as healthy as possible and with the least loss of life. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.
Thank you for saying it so politely. Clearly, it's already getting tense and VF prohibits political topics for this reason.

It is stressful out there and we would all benefit from a foundation built on kindness.
Old 07-23-20, 04:00 PM  
Izzy

I live in Illinois where many people both in and out of Illinois think Illinois is Chicago.

I said this back in April when I was mumbling about something to someone that rural communities are being hit very hard by the guidelines set by the states with larger cities, like Illinois. Many rural communities and counties in Illinois do not even have one COVID case. When the Governor set his Phase I-III restrictions many small community businesses had to close. In my mumbling I commented that it really wasn't fair that 3/4 of Illinois had to have these restrictions based on the number of cases in Chicago. A couple of weeks ago, the governor caught on and divided the state into more areas vs the 8 he originally set up. Now some of the rural areas have less restrictions than Chicago.

Where as mask wearing is for sure a good strong restriction; some rural communities might be resistant to this restriction if they don't even have any cases in their county. That might be a reaction to the universal wide mask wearing.
Old 07-23-20, 04:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Mary, I completely agree about some more rural areas having few cases, partly bc the population in some areas is so low, but still having to abide by rules that are needed bc of metro areas with high population densities. There is one county in MN that has no reported cases (the last time I looked anyway). It's a tough call though, as far as masks, since they say we can pass it even if we don't have symptoms. I guess for me that's the biggest thing, that I don't want to pass it bc I don't even know I have it, plus the possibility that any one of us could have undiagnosed/unknown issues that actually would put us in the high risk category.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-23-20, 05:19 PM  
kat999

We should indeed be cautious about this veering into any political arena, but I also think it's kind of upsetting that doing something minor is even perceived as political.

Again, I would hope that due to our shared interest in and belief about the power of understanding our bodies and health scientifically, we can at least agree that the pandemic is upsetting and that, hopefully, science and health can prevail.

Personally, I will be wearing a mask to protect myself and others.
Old 07-23-20, 07:08 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
That's hilarious since YOU were the one who said, and I quote:
Maybe so but I could also see how the comments are going in this post and I can tell a lot of people are ripping on people that do not want to wear a mask and I am one of them.

So Leigh you can call me out if you want but I can tell who you are by your post. You are the type of person to block a person because they won't wear a mask or think the same way you do.

I was just thanking Vantreesta for trying to stop it from getting too out of hand, then YOU had to go find MY post to prove some kind of point and to get it going again...LOL

And If you want to click on this link....you called out Sunrise also:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=228328&page=8
Old 07-23-20, 09:09 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I think this is all crazy, for a virus that you have a very slim chance of contracting....it affects like 2% of the population. Your chances of survival are also very good...like a 99% survival rate. And the WHO has reported that asymptomatic transmission is very rare.

We've had riots in MN and no spike. Our "essential" workers have not become infected. 85% or more of our cases are in health care facilities...which makes me very sad. I used to work in nursing homes and that is about quality end of life care. These people are having their last birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc....isolated without their families.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 07-23-20, 10:02 PM  
sherry7899

The serious health problems people experience afterwards are very scary. People survive, but many have had issues with their lungs, blood clots and fatigue for months afterwards.

My sister's brother in law has been hospitalized with Covid for weeks, and my husband 's friend's sister died from it.
I think it should be taken seriously.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-23-20, 10:13 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The serious health problems people experience afterwards are very scary. People survive, but many have had issues with their lungs, blood clots and fatigue for months afterwards.

My sister's brother in law has been hospitalized with Covid for weeks, and my husband 's friend's sister died from it.
I think it should be taken seriously.
Yes it is scary and sad. It should be taken seriously...like influenza, SARS, H1N1.....

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 07-23-20, 10:45 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Well it may kill a small percentage overall, but as someone who worked many years in long term care I never saw a year with huge numbers of LTC residents dropping like flies from influenza. And it’s not just the elderly, the people I know who’ve had it are not in care & they contracted it traveling in the US.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 07-24-20, 12:37 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I’ve been missing my pre-Covid life. I miss the simplest things, like meeting friends and family for a meal.

I still will not go out to stores and have food and supplies delivered. I want to keep my risk of getting the virus as close to zero as possible.

Most people I know go out to places, and everyone I see walking around is wearing a mask. I’m in the NYC area, and most people here take the virus seriously.

Since this is going to go on for a long time, I want to have something to show for the time. So, I plan to take some online classes.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, masks, pandemic, what a drag it is