Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-20, 05:47 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Ewww....well, you come into contact with more people's mouths in your profession than I would in mine so you can only go by your experience. I know that in my house, we wash our masks after every use. Big Bubble and I telework, and Tiny Bubble only leaves the house when we go walking. I rarely even take him grocery shopping with me anymore. We got about 36 masks though, so it's easy for us to rotate. Most people I know also say they wash their masks. So if the woman got legionnaires disease from not washing (or improperly washing) her mask or washing it infected water, that can be do it.

I'm still not taking my chances. I'll continue wearing a mask until all this blows over.
my boss bought a pack of 50 cloth masks from amazon for about $35 I think which is a great deal...she has a family of 4.

I LOVE how you call you family by bulbble names...LOL it cracks me right up
Old 07-20-20, 05:49 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

Thank you Sherry. I will check it out/. I so miss Trader Joe's food.
Old 07-20-20, 05:51 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Rush as in Rush Limbaugh?
Yep He actually heard it from a person and I can't remember the exact thing he said about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post
I work in the hospital (NICU to be exact) and we wear the same mask the whole 12 hours along with a face shield. The only time we change to the N95 mask is when we know the patient is positive with Covid.
I hate to see it when people are not wearing masks, wearing them wrong, or not social distancing. If they only can go to a Covid unit and see how sick Covid patients are especially so many on ventilators, how many are dying, and how we’re getting so many patients that we have to keep opening more units and beds for Covid patients.
Interesting. I am sure if I had seen more people or knew people with covid I would be more concerned. I have been working through the whole thing so I guess I have been luckier then most.
Old 07-20-20, 05:54 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post

That's really disheartening. I leave the house maybe once or twice a week to get groceries or pickup food curbside and I do reuse the same cloth mask when I venture out, but I wash it once a week. I used to wash it after each time I wore it but I've been slacking off recently--hence the once a week washing. I also have more than one mask so it's easy enough to rotate, though I have a favorite mask from etsy for the summer (breathes better).
Maybe if it's hot in your car that would kill the virus maybe someone that knows could answer that question.

who is the seller for that summer mask? I am having a hard time finding one I like
Old 07-20-20, 05:56 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
People in my suburban area seem to be very mask compliant and pretty good at social distancing in stores. A couple times a cashier has had to tell a customer behind me in line to back up, but it seemed to be because the person was either clueless or they were just naturally used to continually moving forward in line like in the pre-pandemic days so they were sort of operating on autopilot.

I feel like I must be living in some kind of happy little bubble because I'm fortunate to not have experienced the kind of things people have shared in this thread.

That's really disheartening. I leave the house maybe once or twice a week to get groceries or pickup food curbside and I do reuse the same cloth mask when I venture out, but I wash it once a week. I used to wash it after each time I wore it but I've been slacking off recently--hence the once a week washing. I also have more than one mask so it's easy enough to rotate, though I have a favorite mask from etsy for the summer (breathes better).

Maybe if it's hot in your car that would kill the virus maybe someone that knows could answer that question.

who is the seller for that summer mask? I am having a hard time finding one I like
Old 07-20-20, 06:12 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaR View Post
Thank you Sherry. I will check it out/. I so miss Trader Joe's food.
You are welcome! I hope it works out. We stayed out of Trader Joe's until the end of April. We are going every three weeks or so. I love that store! They are doing a great job with cleaning and social distancing at the one near me.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-20-20, 06:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post

I don't leave my masks in my car and I doubt my car ever gets to the kind of temps that might potentially kill a virus (like an autoclave for instance). I mean, I'm no scientist or anything, and I sure wish I could put things in my car to sterilize them, but I don't think that's happening.

I will link to the etsy seller I used but I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM THIS SELLER, so buy at your own risk:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7783968...able-face-mask

1) The 2 masks I received from this seller both use rather THICK hair scrunchy ties for ear loops. This is not as comfortable as regular plain elastic around the ears and also the thick hair scrunchy ties tend to fall off my mom's ears though they do stay put around my ears. (In the etsy listing, they show masks with regular elastic but the masks I received use hair scrunchies. This was early on in the pandemic though so maybe they've been able to find/buy elastic since then.)

2) The masks from this seller are one size fits all. I lucked out and my mask fits normally (although no nose wire so glasses tend to fog up). However, the 2nd mask that I got for my mom is strangely larger (I'm guessing the person sewing cut the pieces of fabric too big or something). My mom and I both have big heads and it's still too big for both of us. This one is absolutely unusable for me, but my mom actually likes to use it because it's VERY loose around her nose to the point where I worry sometimes that people in stores are going to give us the stink eye because it's "cheating"/ineffective in a way. She tends to hyperventilate in masks though so it works out for her being so loose.
Old 07-20-20, 06:31 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
my boss bought a pack of 50 cloth masks from amazon for about $35 I think which is a great deal...she has a family of 4.

I LOVE how you call you family by bulbble names...LOL it cracks me right up
Please ask her who the seller is on amazon. I certainly spent more than $35 lol!

Haha on the Bubbles It cracks them up too
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 07-20-20, 06:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
My store asks if you will or won’t accept substitutions. I always do and usually it’s to my advantage. There were a few items I couldn’t get for a while early on, including toilet paper, flour, & yeast, but they are rarely out of stock on anything lately.
Thank you, Pam!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-21-20, 08:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I used a surgical mask for the first time yesterday after wearing homemade cloth ones all this time. At my annual physical the PA met me at the door with the thermometer and told me to remove my cloth mask, whereupon she handed me a surgical mask.

What a difference!!! So light and comfortable! I'd love to get my hands on more but there are so many counterfeit sellers, and with COVID surging again most likely I'm out of luck. I looked at Amazon and one of the sellers has a legit seeming image but the copy reads "elastic ear loops for beauty."
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, masks, pandemic, what a drag it is