Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-19, 01:26 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I have a power cage which is heavy enough to not topple over. My JG is hanging from that. That probably won’t work for everyone if you don’t have enough room. I’ve never tried it on a door. Whatever you put it on make sure it can support you weight at different angles. A ceiling support is ideal if you can find the studs to screw into.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 09:18 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Not to be Debbie Downer....but be safe and careful! Mine came out of the door and I flles across the room and landed on my wrist resulting in a Colles fracture (bad -- splintered and jand jammed into a V)I unfamiliar with it. Now I have plate and screws. Haven't used it since.... But I just got it out to use....but I'll be super careful !!!!
We
That’s awful! I’m so sorry! What trainer did you have?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 09:21 PM  
suegy3

So I bought the Jungle Gym. It got goood reviews and was inexpensive. I just got it today and it’s very well made. It feels more substantial than the trx I tried at the gym. And I love the handles and the foot cradles.
Old 01-10-19, 11:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Not to be Debbie Downer....but be safe and careful! Mine came out of the door and I flles across the room and landed on my wrist resulting in a Colles fracture (bad -- splintered and jand jammed into a V)I unfamiliar with it. Now I have plate and screws. Haven't used it since.... But I just got it out to use....but I'll be super careful !!!!
We
what brand and model did you have?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 06:49 PM  
suegy3

BTW...TRX has 25% off of bundles and $30 off trainers.
Old 01-13-19, 09:45 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
So I bought the Jungle Gym. It got goood reviews and was inexpensive. I just got it today and it’s very well made. It feels more substantial than the trx I tried at the gym. And I love the handles and the foot cradles.
I wish my husband got me the JG instead of the TRX. I use the JG at the gym and frankly don’t think the TRX is worth the extra$.
Enjoy your new toy.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 09:23 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I wish my husband got me the JG instead of the TRX. I use the JG at the gym and frankly don’t think the TRX is worth the extra$.
Enjoy your new toy.
Thanks! It’s really sturdy! And much cheaper
Old 10-22-19, 10:22 AM  
buffmama

I'm in the market for a suspension trainer and looking at the intent sports on amazon for $45. There are cheaper and definitely more expensive ones. Does anyone have any experience with this one or things I should be considering? I will use it door mounted and on my pull up bar. Thanks.

Tags
jungle gym, jungle gym xt, rip 60, rip:60, suspension trainer, trx