Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-17, 02:59 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I have a hard time with Dasha and also the Dreambody instructors. I'm not a fan of constant verbal assault LOL It's unfortunate because I liked the workouts and never enjoyed muting out all sound. Maybe if Dasha is working hard, we'll both have a chance to concentrate

You may have swayed me, Sugar
Hahahaha you're funny!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 03:10 PM  
msu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
Thanks. I will also post if I get shipping confirmation and/or when the package arrives.
I just received an email with a link to a USPS tracking number for my order. I'm not uncrossing my fingers yet. I hope everyone else has heard from them as well.

***I received the discs and hope to preview it tomorrow and try it on Wednesday. I was a little miffed to see that their actual shipping charge was $3.21 when they charged $9.99 for shipping, but at least it is finally here. Next time I will hold out and hope that Mary gets to distribute, even when the copies are limited and the word is that it will only be available through KBKB. Live and learn!***

Last edited by msu; 01-30-17 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Received dvds
msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 04:35 PM  
Calistro

Do these have music?

Thanks in advance.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 01:42 PM  
lorajc

Talking

Hi everyone -

I rec'd mine. Yes, they have music. However, the music is hardly noticeable and is VERY much in the background. I will most likely play my own with these. Also, Dasha does NOT speak as much in these....as she is working with a heavier kettlebell than previous series' and working very hard...concentrating. She may talk a bit at the beginning of a set or move...but that's it. For those that were concerned.

Since I was injured last year....and have only been doing Kundalini Yoga for a year and just starting to get back into working out since about Christmas.....I only did about 20 minutes of the Single Complex WO.....prior to my last accident...I was actually doing a Bikini Challenge with Dasha and my favorite workout was her Double Kettlebell workout on the Body Series...so I was looking forward to these....but I think these are a bit too challenging for me right now.
However, I did do the 8 minute Mobility warm-up and then about 8 minutes of the bell's. She basically starts with a one-armed swing and then keeps adding a movement on in a flow....until you have a long continuous flow.

Even when I was at my best (due to spinal issues) I could never do the advanced stuff she does when she goes down and does the Turkish Get-ups and goes up and down fast with the bell suspended in air and add's that onto the flow....as she did yesterday...so I just modify that move.

I also modify the Leopards with my upper body on my Rebounder for a bit of height to take some pressure off of my shoulders...in case anyone else needs any beginner or injury modifications.

I found it challenging...but doable. The only reason I quit is because....I am at the point where I need to stop my WO's and see how I feel the next day to see how much I can handle.

I think at this point, I'm going to go back to the Strength Series and use Beginner to build my strength and then come back to this.

That being said Is there anyone here that has all of Dasha's program's that would be able to email me the Program Guide for this program? It appears my DH downloaded these for me and failed to download any of the printed material in the computer. He also did not download the 5 minute kettlebell review or the swing review!! Man!! I purchased it last Christmas not this past one. Thanks in advance. Lora The Program Guide for Strength Series is what I need...thanks
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 02:05 PM  
Calistro

[QUOTE=lorajc;2691514]Hi everyone -

I rec'd mine. Yes, they have music. However, the music is hardly noticeable and is VERY much in the background. I will most likely play my own with these. Also, Dasha does NOT speak as much in these....as she is working with a heavier kettlebell than previous series' and working very hard...concentrating. She may talk a bit at the beginning of a set or move...but that's it. For those that were concerned.

Thanks for all the info.
They do look quite hard, and I do not think I am ready for this yet, but I may purchase for later.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 11:14 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Hi everyone -

That being said Is there anyone here that has all of Dasha's program's that would be able to email me the Program Guide for this program? It appears my DH downloaded these for me and failed to download any of the printed material in the computer. He also did not download the 5 minute kettlebell review or the swing review!! Man!! I purchased it last Christmas not this past one. Thanks in advance. Lora The Program Guide for Strength Series is what I need...thanks
Sending you an email!
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-17, 12:18 PM  
msu

Quote:
Hi everyone -

Since I was injured last year....and have only been doing Kundalini Yoga for a year and just starting to get back into working out since about Christmas.....I only did about 20 minutes of the Single Complex WO.....prior to my last accident...I was actually doing a Bikini Challenge with Dasha and my favorite workout was her Double Kettlebell workout on the Body Series...so I was looking forward to these....but I think these are a bit too challenging for me right now.
However, I did do the 8 minute Mobility warm-up and then about 8 minutes of the bell's. She basically starts with a one-armed swing and then keeps adding a movement on in a flow....until you have a long continuous flow.

Even when I was at my best (due to spinal issues) I could never do the advanced stuff she does when she goes down and does the Turkish Get-ups and goes up and down fast with the bell suspended in air and add's that onto the flow....as she did yesterday...so I just modify that move.

I also modify the Leopards with my upper body on my Rebounder for a bit of height to take some pressure off of my shoulders...in case anyone else needs any beginner or injury modifications.

I found it challenging...but doable. The only reason I quit is because....I am at the point where I need to stop my WO's and see how I feel the next day to see how much I can handle.

I think at this point, I'm going to go back to the Strength Series and use Beginner to build my strength and then come back to this.

I PMed and emailed you.
msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-17, 07:23 PM  
lorajc

Hi..To both above posters....I did get the Guide however can somebody tell me what substitute she recommends for pullups in the separate bonus pullups guide also? I don't have that either....Thanks. Lora
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 01:36 PM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Hi..To both above posters....I did get the Guide however can somebody tell me what substitute she recommends for pullups in the separate bonus pullups guide also? I don't have that either....Thanks. Lora
I know that most people suggest that you can do one arm rows instead.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 06:47 PM  
suegy3

Anymore reviews on these? Thanks!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote