Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-20, 07:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

It was so nice out yesterday for this time of year I wanted to walk longer but I just had too many things that needed to get done.
It felt great though. Not sure about the walking today. I have some cooking to do and I think we're having some stormy weather later. We'll see how it goes.

PAT, I have Raising the Bar but I don't think I've ever tried it. Hmmm

DONNA, nice workouts.

ROSE, your walks always sound so lovely.

Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 09:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night i did a 10 min evening practice from Yoga w/ Kassandra.

This morning, so far, I did:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Vin to Yin - Water Element

This is about half vinyasa and half yin yoga.

I'm really enjoying Kassandra, she has a paid site as well as her You Tube channel and I was thinking about doing a 7 day free trial to see what it is all about. She isn't unreasonably priced either at $13.99 per month - some of these other yogis and Pilates practitioners charge close to $25 per month.

I am not sure if I will add anything else on. I have baking/cooking for today - even though it is going to be low key and quiet I'm still doing some of my "traditions".

Summer Breeze - we are getting some stormy weather here today as well and then cold....really cold....I hope you are surrounded w/ love this season.

Waves, Pat and Gypsy Rose

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon after listening to It's a Wonderful Life - the drama club at my DD's High School put on a radio play and my DD did some of the artwork that was part of the scenery that played in the background - it is hard to explain it was a radio play but we 'watched' it and during the narration there was art work on the screen...anyway, it was nice to listen and afterwards I did CocoLime Tone & Stretch from You Tube.

This morning I did:

CocoLime Fitness - 20 Min Cardio MIIT - this is from her MITFIT series that I purchased - I had avoided the cardio workouts b/c I didn't think they would be my cup of tea - but this one was ok - it as 40 seconds on/20 seconds off of mostly kickboxing type exercises. I guess it is her cardio workouts that are the hip hop dance.....anyway, i'm glad I finally did this one. I think there was some sneaky toning included as well.

Moving Mango - Total Body Toning Magic - Holiday Workout - this was a very nice Pilates routine that included some instrumental holiday music. She has another that she posted yesterday that is called Pilates for Fat Loss.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday!!

Donna
Old 12-25-20, 09:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas to all !!

I just wanted to stop in and wish you all a Merry Christmas and safe and healthy New Year! Thank you all for your kindness and well wishes during this time
Old 12-25-20, 01:55 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas ladies!

Summer - sending hugs and thinking of you and your family today. I hope joy finds you.

Donna, the radio play sounds wonderful! Your DD is certainly an accomplished young woman. The holiday workouts sound fun!

Rose, as I recall the back routine on RTB as all holding the bar. I do recall another video where she had the three options - maybe Triple Threat?

Catching up:

Wednesday - 30 minutes of Lee Holden Qigong for Depression & Energy Balance (YMAA) and back stretches.

Thursday - A brief but beautiful beach walk; LWR 20 Minute HIIT (actually 30 minutes - Advent Day 11); Tiffany Cruickshank Hang Out in Your Hips yin practice; smudged and did an awareness meditation while in restorative fish pose.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 09:15 PM  
Rose

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone had a good day today!

During these challenging times, it's good to focus on working out and sharing rotation plans and giving reviews on videos/streaming. The ordinariness of it makes these extraordinary times doable.

Sending well wishes to all.

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did squeeze in a short yoga practice w/ Lesley Fightmaster - one I had done frequently a few years ago - Yoga for Sciatica. it is just a nice lower back and hip routine and it is short, too at 15 minutes.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Yoga w/ Kassandra -15 Min Morning Yoga

Agreed, working out and posting about it - really does help things feel "normal" during these crazy times.....

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 12-27-20, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Valent - Full Body Workout for Women Over 50 - this one included some standing traditional exercises w/ weights along w/ some Pilates exercises and PT exercises on the floor. It was a nice mix.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for SI Joint - another nice routine -some slight overlap to the exercises I did in the full body workout.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Flexibility

Jessica V's stuff is always nice for a little bit of Pilates and PT.

If it warms up DD and I may walk today - we skipped yesterday - but since we're both off this week we may do our long walk tomorrow when it is supposed to get up to 50.

Thinking for the last week of the year of doing Jessica S and Jessica V and Adriene, but we shall see what tomorrow brings, as always!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-27-20, 09:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

It was below freezing but sunny and felt great to get out and walk. I really needed that. I am hoping for another walk today and possibly pilates? It's been awhile.

It's good to see you all keeping up with your workouts. I hope everyone had a lovely holdiay. Ours was quiet but nice.

DONNA, nice variety as always. I enjoy reading about your different routines and instructors.

ROSE, I too find it comforting to read about everyone's rotations and reviews.

Hi PAT. Do you have this week off?

Stay well everyone.
Old 12-27-20, 11:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I didn't do much at all on Christmas day, being very mopey. I did some meditation and stretched my back is all. I missed having my son home for his annual two day visit on Christmas, but it's for a good cause.

Yesterday DS visited and the three of us exchanged gifts in the backyard. Even though it was 30 degrees, we went for our traditional hike. We found a trail farther from the coast so the wind was less. It was good to get out in the sun. My niece's handmade cloth masks came in handy! I kept mine on just to keep my face from freezing.

Rose - I agree, keeping up our ordinary routines helps keep us sane. Sure is better than succumbing to moping around which I think a lot of us would be doing if it weren't for our check-ins.

Donna, I hope you and DD get to enjoy your long walk tomorrow.

Summer Breeze, I don't technically have the week off but I took Monday-Tuesday as vacation days and am looking forward to Christmas being done with, cleaning the house and getting serious with exercise again. Isn't walking outdoors in the cold sometimes just what the doctor ordered? It was nice and sunny.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad