Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-20, 06:38 PM  
Rose

Hello!

No workout yesterday. Today was another from Fitness Becomes You. I combined B & C from Program 2. Heidi was with Margaret on the B portion. I skipped abs, did outer thighs with 2 lbs weight and that area was worked! Next inner thighs and then I skipped to C.

In C, Margaret was alone, sitting in a chair. She did calves with a weight on one leg while sitting. That doesn't really work for me so I did calves standing. Then quads was sitting, with leg going straight out. I don't know if this is good for my already tight hip flexors? Anyone have insight on this?
Then Glutes while on the mat and hamstrings where she kneels on one knee and the other leg in lunge position. She then lifts the back knee. It's a weird move but it does not seem safe for the knees. I didn't do that.

The music was strange. The first few exercises had surfer music from the '60's, and then jazz that sounded like it was from a cheesy '70's soundtrack. Then back to the Renaissance music from the day before.

This is probably the worst produced Margaret DVD. Summer Breeze, it is a strange one. Not terrible, but the flow of it is weird. Margaret is pleasant and as always gives good pointers. It's okay, not sure I'll reach for it very much.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 08:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, just popping in to say howdy. It's too sweltering for me to do much of anything. Today is the worst of it and I hope it breaks soon because I need to get back to my workouts.

GypsyRose - I avoid that chair leg lift exercise. I feel it in my spine muscles and not in a friendly way. I looked at clips of FBY several times during MR's big sales and knew it wasn't for me. Even the chair looks like a torture device.

Hi Summer Breeze! I hope you are getting some breeze with all this heat! Sorry awful pun.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

It's been so hot here that I haven't been doing my outdoor walks. I'm still on my Denise Austin kick so I'll go with it while it lasts.

ROSE, yeah I won't be revisiting FBY anytime soon. I do like that quad exercise where you lift your leg up and down but I'm not sure how good it is for your hip flexors.

PAT, LOL. Unfortunately not too many summer breezes for me here but they sure sound nice.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 07:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Oh it is so disgusting here. They keep promising "this is the worst day" then the next day is even worse. Certainly no summer breezes here LOL. I need to quit the bad puns.

As promised I did an MR workout last night, Beauty to the Bone 1-A. Also some PT and butt bridges, and inversion on my table. It was nice to have some music no matter how schlocky. I think my MR hiatus was due to the light weight/pulsing so I kept heavier weights nearby and did my own heavier reps with rests after the pulsing reps became intolerable.

I hope everyone is well!
Old 07-28-20, 08:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

Got off the Denise train yesterday and did Jessica Smith's Barre Fitness, the barre burn and floor barre segments. Felt good. Still too yucky for outdoor walking.

PAT, . That's interesting about tweaking the workout to heavier weights and your own pace. I remember reading an older thread here where someone started out heavy with MR then dropped to lighter weights to finish out the set.
Kind of like drop sets I guess or pyramiding down? I'm not sure of the exact terminology. She said it was more effective that way.

Have a great day!
Old 07-28-20, 06:06 PM  
Rose

Hello! Finally a workout.

Strong & Limber for Life Section A. This DVD has 2 half hour workouts. It combines upper & lower body.

First up was pectorals while on the back on the mat, then staying on the mat for triceps. Standing for biceps and quads. She held a balance stick while doing plie squats. I held onto the doorknob as this is the only way for me to do squats without bothering my knees. Then back to the floor for hamstrings. Ugh! This is the hardest exercise for me. Luckily, it didn't go on too long. Bridgework for glutes, then back to the other hamstring. An easy stretch on the mat and the end.

This was a good, solid workout. Margaret soloed. She was focused and gave good pointers.The set was a little odd, indoors with fake palm trees? It was okay. The music was Spanish guitar. It was a good, medium workout.

Pat & Summer Breeze, what you wrote about upping weights is why I like this check-in. Good to up the weights -I'm pretty wimpy but I can go up 1 lb for a bit of the exercise.

Have a good day even though it is hot!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 08:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Last night I finished Beauty to the Bone 1, abs and lower body. I used a Pilates mini ball for abs copying moves that Margaret uses in other videos. Also used my Sling Shot hip circle for outer thighs, hamstrings which I did standing, and glutes. Wowzer. In between each exercise with the hip circle I did a yoga series of cobbler's pose, hamstring stretches, reclining pigeon and happy baby.

Rose - I haven't yet been able to complete a full hamstring series. It is so tough.

Summer, drop sets sounds like a good idea too.

Happy Wednesday.
Old 07-29-20, 08:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

Yesterday I could only muster up the energy for a walk in the evening when it was slightly more bearable than a daytime walk.

ROSE, nice job with Strong and Limber for Life. I like a lot of those exercises you mentioned, sans hamstrings of course I like glute bridges, chest presses instead of push ups etc. Maybe I'll pull this one out.

PAT, good work finishing up Beauty to the Bone. That's a good idea to use the hip circle. I may have to borrow that idea.

Have a great day!
Old 07-30-20, 07:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies!

I stayed away from strength yesterday and did a walk from Ellen's WW Walking Kit plus Raviana Bye Bye Back Pain. I couldn't believe how sore my ramping up the BttB workout made my whole body, I honestly didn't realize it until beginning the walk. My butt's still sore! Yay!

Summer I prefer presses over pushups, too. My wrists aren't cut out for other.

Happy pre-TGIF!
Old 07-30-20, 08:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!

I followed ROSE's lead and did the first workout of MR's Strong and Limber for Life. I liked it a lot. I don't think I ever did this one but it also felt familiar. Maybe segments of it were on some of her compilation dvds? I had also done a walk earlier in the day even though it was so hot.

PAT, nice workout combo. A sore butt is almost always a good thing

Have a great day!

Tags
margaret richard rotation