Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-20, 12:42 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's WS2 Total Body. I used 6 and 5 pounds. I subbed the ab floor work with a similar standing ab move. I can do leg and glute floor work, and planks, it's the crunches, sit ups and roll ups, along with the ab leg lifts, that tweak my lower back.

I think I'll do a more intense Jessica (at least intense for me) strength workout on Mondays, Tuesdays is a lot of walking, Wednesdays a Pahla strength workout, Thursdays a low impact HIIT cardio, Fridays a Jessica barre or fusion toning workout, Saturdays a lighter cardio, and Sundays a stretch or yoga. Although I always forget to do a stretch on Sundays! And I have to fit house cleaning in there somewhere, probably on Thursdays or Saturdays.

Pam, that link looks so interesting, thanks for sharing. I wonder if I can get Vimeo to play on our big tv.

Donna, I'm looking more at movement too. I've noticed on days I'm more active and on my feet a lot, it seems I burn more calories.
Old 08-03-20, 05:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello ladies,

Today I did Tracey Mallett's Booty Barre Beginners and Beyond! What a great 35 minute workout (and fun!) She has lots of enthusiasm and a totally different vibe from Core Fusions of last week! ;-)

Have a good day!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 07:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a mix:

Trifecta Pilates - Core Activation (10 min) to warm-up/prepare

Jessica Valent Pilates Camp Day 3 - Pilates Barre - I enjoyed the mix of exercises in this one. Since my lower back and hips have been feeling tweaky, I modified some of the standing work by doing floorwork instead. I think Jessica would approve, LOL!

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Arms & Upper back - this was mainly floorwork, unweighted for upper body

I was going to add on Jessica's Pilates Camp Day # 4 - which is a lower body stretch, but I ran out of time. I may add it in later, I may also add in Pahla B's 31 Day Challenge Day 4 - which is a walking workout w/ weights....

Yesterday for extra activity I did Gina B's Disco Rock Walk - it was 20 minutes and a fun way to get some extra steps after sitting all day.

Pam -that is a fun workout - it has been years since I did it. I really should spend some time going through my DVDs and coming up with something different to do. I have gotten somewhat lazy in my planning by following so many streaming sites w/ pre-planned calendars. I like the Jessica V. calendar b/c she doesn't schedule one of her workouts for every day, so there is flexibility to pick other instructors and workouts.

Sherry - that sounds like a good plan!!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

We are getting some of this tropical storm here today - lots of rain. I'm nervous about my DD driving to work in so much rain...but....gotta get used to it.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 03:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Last night I did Jessica's Cardio Party from her Walk Strong transformation set. She's a little hyped up in this one and not the best choice when I just want to get some movement in at 10pm.

Today, I did Jessica's Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from the same set. This might be my favorite from this set or right up there in my top three anyway!

Was going to walk to the Post Office but not during this crazy high wind, rainy weather. Should have left an hour ago and might have made it back home before the rain. We've got a few branches down but nothing we can't clean up after the storm.

Donna, I really liked Tracey's beginner's and beyond and would love it if she did more like this one!

April Focus:
Old 08-04-20, 06:48 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Had a crazy tropical storm here today. Wind gusts between 50-70 mph with heavy rain. Not fun! But it was a very fast moving storm so at least it didn't stick around. A lot of trees down, fires, power outages. I was somehow spared and never lost power or had any other issues. Whew!

Today was knee strength from Calm & Strong. It's a short workout but that was all I was in the mood for. This is a crazy week at work so I don't want to do anything long or strenuous. Once this week is over, work will be a lot calmer.

Waves to all!
Old 08-04-20, 10:04 PM  
Leonana

Today was a rest day, but I got some steps in with my friend at Goodwill, and later doing cleaning around the house.

I go back to my volunteer filing at the Hospice tomorrow. I have to wear a mask so I’m not sure how long I’ll last! I’m looking forward to it, get out of the house and be productive.

Regarding masks, everywhere I go people are compliant, and everyone is wearing one. Funny how it seems to be catching on now. I ordered some new masks, these are made by artisans in Mexico. They have embroidery, similar to the brightly colored smock type blouses you see in Mexico. I’m looking forward to getting them.

I’m envying all of your rain! Hot and dry here, 107 today.
Old 08-05-20, 07:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday for some extra movement I did Gina B's Beatles walk. These are fun for add ons - you could also easily string a few of them together for longer workouts.

Today was back to Pahla - 20 Min Low Impact Walking w/ Weights for Women over 50 (20 min) and I added on a 10 min walking w/ weights that popped up as an option for continuing.

I also did JV's Pilates Camp Day 4 - which was lower body stretching.

I'm considering a recovery week soon - I'm really stiff and sore for some odd reason. Perhaps I really should take Pahla's recovery days as recovery days on her Mini challenges!

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm glad you didn't lose power during the storm. Many of my DH's co-workers are in NY-NJ and many of them are without power today. We had a steady rain for the early part of the day - and then it ended and the sun came out. So, not bad at all here. We are pretty far inland, though.

Pam - did you make out ok during the storm?

Sherry- Glad you can go back to volunteering. I wish we could go back to the animal shelter to volunteer, but they are still closed. I'm glad the masks are taking off, I figure it can't hurt and certainly may help!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 08-05-20, 03:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

I did Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Barre Sculpt and that was much more challenging than the one I did from the transformation set! Towards the end the standing leg is on fire! ;-) I also did Tracey's Booty Barre Beginner's and Beyond (Abs and Thigh) bonus workout. Tough stuff, again towards the last five minutes of the exercises.

That storm was crazy yesterday evening. High winds with some rain, and enough force to knock a tree down in our front yard! I'm thankful it didn't fall towards the street and block the road, and also that it didn't hit the house (or neighbors!) Missed our sunroom by a couple feet, though! There were a number of trees down in our neighborhood and power outages, also. Our power flickered off and on for a few brief seconds, so we were spared that, at least!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

April Focus:
Old 08-06-20, 07:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night DD and I walked our Golden. We have to sneak out now when our Lab is asleep - she is really arthritic and ends up limping a lot whenever we walk her - I really should take her for a 5 minute walk though b/c she does love it so much, whereas our Golden wold much rather play ball than walk.

I also did Jessica V's Pilates for Scoliosis - which seems to really have helped! I think all the sitting i have been doing is taking its toll on me. Jessica's workouts generally make me feel better - I think it must be her PT training, she seems to know just what to hit, how and for how long....

Anyway...today was:

Gina B - Latin Pop Mix - this one was a little more dance and a little less walking - so it was a bit trickier to pick up - but it was still a fun workout and I moved for 30 miinutes.

Jessica V - Pilates Camp Day # 6 - All in One Pilates - this was a nice mix of exercises - nothing we haven't seen before but well done.

Since my DD is looking at college for next year I was looking at one of the local college's website- they are private, so presumably they can open if they want - and I was reading about the mask rules - it sounds like you and your roommate would have to agree on mask use in the dorm room you share. Now, I'm not one of those people who thinks that wearing a mask is gong to harm your health if worn to work or when out in public, but I do think it could be potentially harmful to wear one all day, every day. We're just so uncertain about what to for next year - she is considering a gap year and taking classes at the community college and working PT if things are not back to normal or semi-normal. But, she is still going to apply just in case...at least it leaves the option open. So many schools have gone test optional for fall of 2021, too, since it was hard to get the SAT/ACT in. My DD took the ACT in Feb so that was good luck on our part - she did reasonably well on it, so....

Pam - that is good that the tree didn't cause a lot of damage when it fell. The storm here was pretty mild, just rain for the most part. We're back to rain again today.....

Sherry - how was your volunteer work?

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 08-06-20, 11:37 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday was three hours of being on my feet filing, with squatting, etc. Then in the evening I did a Pahla B. strength workout, called "STRENGTH Workout with DUMBBELLS for Women over 50. I think it was a moderate workout, with lighter weights, but I used 6 lbs. Even though it moved slowly, it really worked me out. I'm still a bit tired, so will update this evening with today's workout.

The filing went well. I'm in a small office with one other person. I wore my mask, and lasted the three hours. It was hot though! It felt so good to see people and be productive. The volunteer coordinator kept asking me if I was okay volunteering, I think he was worried about me contracting the virus. But I think I'm at more risk from my husband and dd's jobs.

Donna, my dd is taking three online classes at our local community college. They are online only at the moment. She did take a gap year, worked full time for Consumer Cellular for a few months. That was enough to convince her to go back to college, lol. But she would have to do into really huge debt to stay in a dorm, so she will probably live at home while going to college. Unless one day she decides to move out with a roommate or get married. Three online classes is $600 tuition, not including books. Pretty cheap overall.

Pam, I'm glad you had no damage from the trees and your power stayed on.

Tags
jessica smith get strong