Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-20, 06:18 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans! Boy I have some catching up to do, yikes!

So Friday I did Rock'm Sock'm plus the BB and I have to say, that one has realllllly grown on me. I absolutely love it now! I wasn't sure what to think the first time I did it but now I think it's brilliant and it's moved up my list along with KPC and Rockout Knockout!

Then today I decided I'm gonna test the waters with Strong and Sweaty, even though there are a couple of ICE workouts I've only done the once. I did S&S Bootcamp extreme #2 which is rounds 1-6 then you repeat rounds 2, 3, and 5, plus the bonus abs. It was their pink tops that pushed me over the edge, I swear! Also, her adorable pants in the abs routine. Oh, and I LOVE this abs routine because it's got so much Pilates-inspired stuff going on. Good stuff!

Going to continue with Strong and Sweaty this week but also mix in some other things and just go with how I'm feeling.

Horusosiris, KateTT, and all you others who have lived overseas, count me jealous!!

Horusosiris, I too love the blue in the new series. I think Cathe and crew just sparkle and shine with those bright colors and like I said today, their pink tops/accents was the single reason I chose to do Bootcamp! So if you're shallow, I'm right there with you, hah!

Nathalie, your vacay sounds wonderful! And I know getting errors on this forum can be so frustrating!! I couldn't post for a while back in the earlier days of this check-in but only on this thread, the rest of the forum was fine.

Fanofladyvols, I needed a snort warning for your levitation comment! I should NOT drink water while reading Fanofladyvols' posts, I should NOT...it never ends well for my keyboard!

Kim, once again, we have similar tastes. I was meh about the first workout on Low Impact Sweat too! Like some of the stuff did absolutely NOTHING for me, even though doing the workouts back to back left me feeling pretty well worked out. The step portion was much better!

Manleym, count me in as another impressed with all your many doubles workouts! Fierce woman! And so glad you have Vytas coming your way! I have to pull that set out again and join you guys. And on those weight plates, yeah, I have such a weird mix of dumbbells all acquired at different times, some neoprene, some not, some where the neoprene is literally falling apart, just a mess, so they probably wouldn't work for me either.

KateTT, so funny how our tastes change, going from Joni-O to right? This is why I won't get rid of DVDs anymore, just no!

Cataddict, geez, doing anything else along with Tabatacise let alone Trisets??? I'm exhausted just reading your post!! And I'm picturing an adorable Watula with a blissful look on her sweet face. Hope you all are staying safe with the storm...keep us posted!

ChelePA, have you tried other types of workouts that aren't yoga but help tightness, like Classical Stretch, Essentrics, stuff along those lines?

Bee, now you're making me want to pull out my Exhales and my Sleek Techniques and SQUIRREL!!!! Workout ADD...it's a thing!!

Waves and hugs to all....hope I didn't miss anyone! Stay fierce, Watulans, another week is upon us!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 06:51 PM  
lavna

I think it's the attempt to paste something that makes the error happen and when it does, it's as if I'm unable to access the website for a while. Hopefully, it won't always be like this!

So here's the rest of my post:

Yesterday, I did the premix from Step sync that has combos 1 and 3 as I wanted a less intense workout. The intensity was OK but I don't think this workout is ever going to be a favorite of mine. I think it's the moves she's chosen that just don't click with me!

Cathe has posted on FB that the filming of Parfect30 is done. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 03:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee I don't get the rabbit reference...please fill me in!

cataddict I have Cathe's Yoga Relax and will probably do tmrw... you've made me excited about it Oh and please share how different deltafit is from Metashred. I haven't been able to see those online anywhere.

Kate Spartacus is probably too easy for you! You'd probably use it as an add-on, lol.

Nathalie thanks for the Cathe FB filming update!

kittybug Glad I could make you snort or snurfle water on your keyboard I have some of the strong and sweaty workouts so please share your intentions! I might abandon David Jack for a day to join you.

horusosiris my husband says the egg weights remind him of brass knuckles, lol. And I agree with you weighted gloves seem easier to use. They do have cute grips you can order..but I really am good with my gloves.

So my alternate pilates and metabolic rotation is great except I probably pushed too hard today for me. I felt like my Spartacus workout (Ab attack) was too easy. I mean it's one of those inadvertent ab workouts instead of monotonous crunchfests. Since I was so warmed up I thought I'd follow up with weightlifting. But had to stop when I felt a headache. At first when I felt it, I just kept counting and then I was like whoa...why is my head hurting..betta stop. It went away quickly so stopped for the day. I will just let sleeping dogs lie even though I'm mad I didn't get my 100 hip thrusts finished

So hope you all pay closer attention to your bodies today than I did! Happy Monday ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 04:57 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I think it's the attempt to paste something that makes the error happen and when it does, it's as if I'm unable to access the website for a while. Hopefully, it won't always be like this!

So here's the rest of my post:

Yesterday, I did the premix from Step sync that has combos 1 and 3 as I wanted a less intense workout. The intensity was OK but I don't think this workout is ever going to be a favorite of mine. I think it's the moves she's chosen that just don't click with me!

Cathe has posted on FB that the filming of Parfect30 is done. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!
Nathalie

I like Step Sync for an easier day too. I actually enjoy the moves. Funny how we’re all different

Yesterday, I kept it light with chair cardio and yoga followed by a 2 mile walk with my family.

Today was a hodgepodge of workouts. I did the premix from Ice Upper Body standing portion only. For legs- To the Mat ball chapter. Then for ab work, I did workout #2 from Core Max-again using the stability ball. And finished with Stretch Max on the ball. I looked at the weather and realized lots of rain over the next 2 days so I ended up adding on Yard Max.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 06:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Driving by, Watulans!

Today was Strong and Sweaty PHA, the extreme #2 premix which adds on both groupings of six exercises one more time each. I'm now having a hard time figuring out lower body weights to use for this...I had to go heavier than Cathe on nearly every lower body exercise and felt I could go heavier still. Here's where I think I could use a weighted vest because some of the exercises would just be awkward holding much heavier weights. Upper body I matched but I was struggling like mad on those triceps extensions, arg!!

Fanofladyvols, I think tomorrow ~might~ be Cardio Slam and Weds ~might~ be Total Body Giant Sets. That's all tentative right now...join me!!

ChelePA, I so need to revisit that ball chapter of To the Mat...but my hips are like NOOOOO with the dread factor, hah hah hah....

Stay fierce, bodacious Watulan babes!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 06:15 PM  
Mickey12

I did ICE Bootcamp Circuit tonight. The ICE workouts are a great level for me. I still have to modify some, but they're not so brutally hard. I'm not quite as fierce as some of you Watulans here!

Cataddict that's so sweet that you take Watula for acupuncture. She is such a cutie! I'm glad it makes her feel better.

So I think I'll do the last ICE workout I didn't do yet and then follow along with Kittybug in Strong and Sweaty.

Kate, what a great experience you had growing up and living in different countries and visiting so many others. It got me thinking how much I've lived a sheltered life. I have always lived in NE Pennsylvania. Always. It never occurred to me to live anywhere else. I have only moved 3 times in my entire life and one of those was when I was 10. I don't feel deprived at all and I love this part of the country.

Have a great night everyone!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 06:42 PM  
manleym

Happy Monday All! I hope you had a good weekend!

Cataddict have you gotten any rain? DH are all in Jacksonville area so his brother was grilling this past weekend getting ready to hunker down. Don't think it will be as bad in Florida.

Horusosiris thanks for the report on KCM's Box and Squat. I didn't preorder but am hoping they will be part of her New Year's Day sale. I've never heard of egg weights. I'll wander on over to Youtube and look for the Sleek Technique workouts. Received the dvds today and am looking forward to trying them!

Bee I don't understand the rabbit, rabbit either. We watched alot of sports before everything shut down so we're also looking forward to watching sports again. We've watched a little bit of baseball, but are ready for more sports.

Kittybug my new to me Vytas came today! YAY! Let me know when you're ready to do them!

So last Thursday I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body premix 1 and really liked it! The Blizzard Blast is in the middle of the workout instead of at the end, and some of the exercises are in a different order. It was a great flow, didn't feel awkward doing the blast in the middle of the workout. I would do this premix again! Then I did Ali Owens Triangle Flow and liked it. I like her.

Saturday was an unplanned rest day. We did errands pretty much all day and I just wasn't able to squeeze in a workout. I did Rudy's Old Skool Power Yoga on Sunday. Didn't care for Rudy in this one.

Today I had to work all day doing compliance trainings online. Ugh. I was mentally drained and wanted a fun, party in a box (courtesy of Cataddict) so I did Christi's Totally Hot Cardio. SO. MUCH. FUN!! I finished it with Travis's Yoga Foundations 1. Just what I needed today!

Hope everyone is doing well! Waves and hugs to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 10:43 AM  
lavna

Happy Tuesday everyone,

Yesterday was a rest day. I started doing Yoga relax but I realised I just wasn't in the mood for it. It was one of those days where it just felt too strange hearing Cathe using "yoga talk"!

This morning, I did Hiit 30/30. I hadn't done that one for a while. Yikes! I was breathing hard and had to pause a few times! I followed it with Core max #1.

kittybug: I have a weighted vest and I use it a lot. I goes up to 40 lbs but I leave it at 32 lbs and add dumbbells. It allows me to goes much heavier and protects my back also.

Hope everyone is well and not too affected by Isaias.

Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 11:14 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone,

Yesterday was a rest day. I started doing Yoga relax but I realised I just wasn't in the mood for it. It was one of those days where it just felt too strange hearing Cathe using "yoga talk"!

This morning, I did Hiit 30/30. I hadn't done that one for a while. Yikes! I was breathing hard and had to pause a few times! I followed it with Core max #1.

kittybug: I have a weighted vest and I use it a lot. I goes up to 40 lbs but I leave it at 32 lbs and add dumbbells. It allows me to goes much heavier and protects my back also.

Hope everyone is well and not too affected by Isaias.

Waves to all!
Nathalie
I've considered a weighted vest to help protect my back...especially with the barbell. Good to know how others use it. I haven't done a true Hiit workout since I recovered from my broken foot. It was after doing Plyo Hiit that I realized I was injured. Not until that evening believe it or not. I have done a few low impact Hiit workouts. I really like 30/30. Good for you for getting through it!

So I decided to join you all with Strong and Sweaty. I sold PHA and Ramped Up Upper Body many moons ago. I know everyone loves both of those workouts but not me. This was when the series first came out and I really wasn't into weight lifting. I may change my mind these days. But I do remember the PHA being too repetitive for me. I enjoy her most recent structure much better.

I did Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp this morning. I love these type of workouts! I was a sweaty mess. This is a nice addition to the Ice Bootcamp. More challenging with some unique moves in this one. No dread factor!
I decided to add on some chapters from Yoga Max. I really need to work on my balance Yikes! I was all over the place trying to maintain my pose. Jai and Amanda made it look so easy.

Kim...I'm with you that these ladies crush Cathe. I'm no where near their level either. I really enjoy Ice because of this. I have learned to lower my weights instead of possibly hurting myself when doing Cathe's more advanced workouts. Stay dry today! My husband was sheltered at work with the tornado warnings. Glad they ended quickly!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 11:26 AM  
Mickey12

Lavna I love Hiit 30/30! It's tough but so much fun! I like that it's super quick too.

ChelePA I think I would rank you right up there with the other fierce Watulans; don't sell yourself short. You are way ahead of me on cardio endurance and abs to be sure! It's all good, though. I have gotten a lot stronger since putting Cathe back in my rotation regularly and it has been a lot of fun too. Great distraction.

It's been raining all day here. Luckily it's just rain though as far as I know. My office is interior to the building so I don't really know what's going on outside unless I get up and seek out a window. (it's actually helpful when it's snowing out and everyone is getting anxious about the accumulations. I can just stay at my desk and be oblivious.)

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in