Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-16, 05:15 PM  
videofit

Which Tracy Anderson moves gave Gwyneth

this rounded, lifted butt? She is heading into Jennifer Lopez territory although Lopez's butt shrank with Tracy's workouts. Any specific moves, i.e. squats, floorwork or ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-together.html
Old 01-28-16, 05:07 PM  
videofit

bump
Old 01-28-16, 09:30 PM  
fatkat555

I'm unfamiliar with Tracy Anderson exercises, but I believe they're similar to barre work? More likely it's a combination of different seat work that targets different muscles of the seat.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-16, 10:06 PM  
andtckrtoo

My understanding is that Paltrow does an hour of floor work and an hour of cardio a day.
Old 01-29-16, 01:58 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

And then there's always genetics.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-16, 08:35 AM  
daisyduke

It's her leg lifts and her specific dance cardio. Lifts the butt and leans out the legs.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-16, 08:45 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
And then there's always genetics.
Yep!
Old 01-29-16, 12:30 PM  
~ Beth ~

The only workouts I know of that were specifically designed for GP were the original Ironman workout and the Ironman 2 workout (part A and part B), both of which can be seen on YouTube. There is also a clip of GP working out with TA from the Oprah show. The exercises shown look like TA's typical moves.

~ Beth ~
~ Beth ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-16, 03:51 PM  
videofit

I do most of those moves already with Margaret Richard. In December I added a short early Classical Stretch chapter for legs and butt which I do at least twice a week. I just did two old Tracy Mallet Bootcamp workouts last week which had been collecting dust. They stressed kickboxing moves which I really felt the next day. So it could just be a matter of variety and muscle confusion. I thought maybe Tracy had some "magic sequencing" she did.

I don't need to lose weight and don't want a big butt but I am always looking to "sculpt" my muscles. Genetically our muscles have a certain shape (look at women's calf muscles) so even if two people did the same exercise, their muscles would look slightly different. So we all work within our limitations. Gwyneth used to have a flat model's butt and thinner thighs before Tracy got hold of her.
Old 01-29-16, 04:58 PM  
JulieIL

Hmm- her uncovered behind in the bikini shot does look extremely different than previous pics. Could be different workouts (formal or even a physical hobby like climbing hills), or just her body changing shape- cumulative effect of working out for years, or maybe just the camera angle.

As a TA fan, her workouts did amazing things for my body- absolutely amazing. I think my mom is still convinced I had some kind of procedure done. My behind certainly didn't improve that much. Whatever she's doing, I think she looks great- & quite happy.
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote