Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-10, 03:34 PM  
trishthedish

Got ripped off on Ebay

So, the TA was a bootleg. So are the P57's that he had marked as "NEW" and "sealed." Nope. Not "NEW." The wrapping that they were in was clearly a home job and they dont even play. TA plays, but its all pixel-y so I don't see it playing for long...not that I would want to work out to a pixel-y video anyway. So, what do i do? I've definitely learned my lesson, but what do I do now? How do I go about getting my money back? Report him first? I've never had to do this before! I'm so pissed! I was really looking forward to a P57 workout today too!
Old 02-01-10, 03:45 PM  
alisoncooks

Boy, that really sucks.
1st step--contact seller and confront and request a COMPLETE refund. Give him/her a time frame. If they don't meet it, contact ebay (probably will want to report to ebay anyway).

If that doesn't work, contact paypal.

You'll get your $$ back.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 03:47 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I'm done with buying on ebay. Too many crooks than real honest people. I'd rather go with legitimate outlets; less headache.

I'd suggest file on ebay that the DVDs are bootlegs.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 03:48 PM  
intelsana

Oh no! I agree with the suggestion above. First, contact the seller and ask for a full refund (including shipping). If he asks to ship the DVDs back, make sure you get DC when you ship it back and since its his fault, I would suggest asking for the money to ship it back as well.

Secondly, ebay has a buyer protection policy. Here's the link:
http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

Before going to paypal, contact ebay.

Hope this helps and good luck getting this situation resolved!!
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 03:48 PM  
Fitstick

Its hard to trust what you get on Ebay, even when they say "new, sealed". I got Rockin Body off of Ebay and am starting to wonder if it is a bootleg since it has started to pixelate through the workouts. When I first got them I was pleased and impressed because they looked like real Beachbody products that were sealed, I still can't figure out how to determine if they are bootlegs.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 03:49 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Boy, that really sucks.
1st step--contact seller and confront and request a COMPLETE refund. Give him/her a time frame. If they don't meet it, contact ebay (probably will want to report to ebay anyway).

If that doesn't work, contact paypal.

You'll get your $$ back.
I did that. I sent him a message demanding money back, so we'll see what he says. And then yes, I will contact ebay if he doesnt refund my money.
Old 02-01-10, 03:51 PM  
intelsana

oh and if possible, do share his ebay id to avoid other people from purchasing dvds from him.
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 04:02 PM  
sophie kat

geez, i'm sorry trisha. that's really awful. get your refund and then report that scumbag to ebay. ugh.

please keep us posted. (hug)

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 04:09 PM  
michl43

You should report his fraud to Ebay, even if he gives you a refund, otherwise he'll keep on selling it. If Ebay gives him a warning due to your report, then he will hopefully stop.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 04:31 PM  
trishthedish

Well, I got the P57's to play, but since I can tell that the shrink wrap was not a professional job and there's a distinct "stink" to each of the dvds, I still know that they aren't real. Right? I'm watching TA right now, and it works, but the quality is not what I know of Tracy, so I know for sure that that one isnt real.

I'm still waiting for a response from him. His seller name is "youvideostuff" so can all avoid him. I'm so mad at myself right now. i should have known better! I'm so mad that I dont even feel like trying out the p57 (it works, so i could in theory do it, but i'm just feeling very deflated).

Tags
ebay, fraud