Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-16, 08:53 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
What's the difference btwn bbg1 and bbg2 ?
She incorporates a few new exercises such as deadlifts and lateral raises. The focus is still on endurance with breaks only between circuits and lots of reps.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-16, 10:03 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Tracey! You are the one who got me into Kayla to begin with! It changed my life, I am not even kidding! The bbg community is amazing. I have made friends from around the world that I talk to daily. I even went on a vacation with one! My DH died suddenly last May and one of the bbg girls organized a gofundme to raise money for my kids and I. So many people contributed. Kayla herself even contributed to the fund and used me as a feature twice. I only just stopped doing bbg about a month ago.
I am so sorry about your husband. I always think of those things being a mom also. I did not know as i am not on facebook very much at all. That is so neat that you got to meet some of these women. I wish i could get so involved to meet ladies like that! Why did you stop KAyla? I was curious about her app, but it does not sound easy to cancel, etc., so I do not want to try it yet. You should really try Zuzka, i think you would like it. I would even pay for a few months for you! Just let me know.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 09:37 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Tracey! You are the one who got me into Kayla to begin with! It changed my life, I am not even kidding! The bbg community is amazing. I have made friends from around the world that I talk to daily. I even went on a vacation with one! My DH died suddenly last May and one of the bbg girls organized a gofundme to raise money for my kids and I. So many people contributed. Kayla herself even contributed to the fund and used me as a feature twice. I only just stopped doing bbg about a month ago.
I had no idea that your dh passed. Both of you are so young. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm so happy that an online community was there for you! Amazing how supportive people that you have never met in real life are so amazing. Huge hug to you.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 01:49 PM  
edensmom

Tracey and Debbie, thank you so much. It was a car wreck. I can't even explain how hard it has been.

Tracey, I just got burnt out. I started to dread doing 30 reps of commandos and 60 jump lunges. I'm doing Edge Booty Extreme 2 now and my dvds are a nice change from the paper workouts. Just follow the pretty lady and do what she does. I didn't find bbg to be that great for my lower body as I find a mix of rep ranges works best for my body vs JUST endurance, so I was always adding in an extra leg day. I must say bbg hands down gives the best abs EVER though. I may have to take a look at Zuzka's site. I like her workouts as well. And you are so generous, thank you for the offer! About the app, I am not into paying for content I don't get to keep. Especially $30 a month for an app. It doesn't let you pause your weeks if you have to stop for any reason, which is no bueno. It's a 3 month minimum I believe. What I have heard is that it is 2 14 minute circuits, instead of the 4 7 min ones. The exercises are the same. A lot of girls are disappointed.
Old 01-16-16, 04:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, edensmom. I am really glad to hear the BBG community supported you so strongly -- that is great. It seems like the Tone It Up girls have a pretty good community, too.

This thread makes me want to do some Zuzka!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 05:11 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, edensmom. I am really glad to hear the BBG community supported you so strongly -- that is great. It seems like the Tone It Up girls have a pretty good community, too.

This thread makes me want to do some Zuzka!
Bee, thank you.

Maybe I will do Zuzka today! I've not worked out yet. Another change in my life in the past year is that I went back to college and I have SO MUCH READING to do! Definitely need to get in my workout this afternoon.
Old 01-17-16, 10:56 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Edensmom,
I am so sorry to hear about your husband.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 01:38 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Edensmom,
I am so sorry to hear about your husband.
+ 1

My most sincere condolences.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 02:05 PM  
edensmom

Thank you, ladies.

In other news I did a Zuzka workout today and honestly after 19 months of bbg I don't really find them similar. I think Zuzka workouts will build more muscle - a GOOD thing!!! Also she does not rep you to death and it looks like there is TONS of variety on the site. Definitely a bargain as well. Both workouts are metabolic in nature but I think Zuzka's are more well-rounded as far as hitting all muscle groups, especially upper body. Not that I don't love bbg - I lost 20 lbs doing bbg and cleaning up my diet.
Old 01-17-16, 03:38 PM  
Tugger31

I'm thinking of doing bbg2. My goal is fat loss which I know is more diet, but in doing that thru diet I realized I most likely will not be able to build alot of "new" muscle. I consider myself fairly muscular already (more of an endo-meso). I don't want to get "mushy" doing bbg2. Do I "need" incorporate more straight strength training, ie maybe one upper body and/or total body weights day a week? I am fairly certain I will not be following the rotation to a T only b/c my work schedule/sleep schedule is highly variable so I have to take each workout day as it comes. (For background, I use Cathe 90% of the time. I just finished doing Butt Bible for about 2 months, I'm dabbling with ICE and EBE2 right now so I don't think jumping into bbg2 will be an issue).

TIA!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayla itsines, paper workouts