Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-11, 09:09 PM  
ldj

Any recommendations for small weighted balls? I have a a 4 lb med ball but its on the big size and I have a hard time time carrying it in one hand.

TIA
Lara
ldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 09:20 PM  
juberann

Lara~ The WalMart SuperCenters carry smaller med balls for a very decent price. They are also softer so they are easy to grip and hold onto. I have also seen smaller ones at Target but can't recall the price on those
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 11:12 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I use the Valeo 4lb soft med ball for Tracie's workouts: http://www.amazon.com/Valeo-WFB8-Wei...7224640&sr=8-1
($9.94, eligible for free shipping)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 12:13 AM  
ldj

Thanks!

Lara
ldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 12:59 AM  
Scbayless

I actually used a 8lb ball for most of it. A couple faster spots I switched to my 5 but mainly used my 8 just fine.
Old 02-09-11, 03:39 AM  
juberann

Scbayless~ An 8 pound medball is my ultimate goal with Tracie's workouts but I am not there yet (not even close). That is awesome you got through it using an 8 pounder for most of it I am quite surprised at how much a medball can up the intensity and effectiveness of a cardio workout. I have owned a couple for awhile now, have just never used them much.
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 12:02 PM  
pharma_gal

Is Breakthrough a med ball only workout or does she use any other props? Also other than breakthrough which of her workouts are med ball workouts? Im interested in some good med ball workouts. Thanks!

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 02:10 PM  
lissalaurel76

Ok, you can tell I am just not with it today. I saw the title of this thread & thought it said MEATBALL workout. ROFL
Old 02-09-11, 03:06 PM  
meg39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Is Breakthrough a med ball only workout or does she use any other props? Also other than breakthrough which of her workouts are med ball workouts? Im interested in some good med ball workouts. Thanks!

R.
Break Through uses only a med ball...no other props. Of her Longevity workouts, both Staying Power and Back Up use the med ball, but also use free weights. Of the TLT's, BBBB only uses the med ball (and a dowel). Strength In Movement and Endurance for Movement also use the med ball, as well as weights/stability ball.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 11:03 AM  
KathAL79

The upcoming Defined Lines will also have some med ball moves but like Staying Power and Back up it will probably be only a few short segments at most rather than the bulk of the workout.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
break through, meatball workout, med ball, med balls, medicine balls, tracie long