Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-10, 09:54 PM  
Becky

Welcome Jett. You're going to love it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarah3howard View Post
NOTE: quoted post removed by moderator for suspected commercial content
This strikes me the wrong way.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 09:56 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Welcome Jett! Yes it does only get worse from here

In my 5 years of exercising and over 4 years of true vidiocy, I have accumulated a 100+ video collection. And I love them all
Old 01-31-10, 09:58 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett View Post
I stumbled onto this site a little more than 24 hours ago. Since then, I've ordered four workout videos--which I think is the grand total of the number of bought in my entire life. I'm not sure whether or not to be really happy or really afraid.
Be afraid, be very afraid. Many of us have hundreds. (I'm in the 350-375 range probably..... I don't *think* it's more...... No, I won't count... you can't make me... *Lissa's running away with fingers in her ears saying LA LA LA LA LA LA LA* )

ETA : And welcome to the boards, btw.
Old 01-31-10, 09:59 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Welcome, it's a great site. Don't be too freaked out when you realize some of us have over 200 workouts!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 09:59 PM  
ooty

What did you get ?
Old 01-31-10, 10:00 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarah3howard View Post
NOTE: quoted post removed by moderator for suspected commercial content

Quote:
Originally Posted by nora View Post
What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Welcome Jett. You're going to love it here.

This strikes me the wrong way.

yeah, that made me raise my eyebrow & go, "things that make you go hmmmmmmm"
Old 01-31-10, 10:03 PM  
Jett

You guys are hilarious. It's not like I don't have other fitness addictions. I only own six bicycles and am a member of two gyms. So what did I get? Let's see, a couple of Meghan White videos and Lauren's first kettleball video along with a kettleball video from this crazy Russian named Pavel. He seems pretty hilarious himself.

BTW, I'm beginning to see that I'm one of the rare guys on this forum. Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 10:16 PM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett View Post
You guys are hilarious. It's not like I don't have other fitness addictions. I only own six bicycles and am a member of two gyms. So what did I get? Let's see, a couple of Meghan White videos and Lauren's first kettleball video along with a kettleball video from this crazy Russian named Pavel. He seems pretty hilarious himself.

BTW, I'm beginning to see that I'm one of the rare guys on this forum. Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
i don't have any pavel videos but i have his book,enter the kettlebell, and its great. meghan white i think i still have the pilates sculpt and tone video. i like it for the short pilates routines to use different equipment.

TWO gyms? two different types of gyms or are they typical gyms.

i am a y member and try to take advantage of gym time for variety but mostly we joined for the pool and raquetball LOL.

welcome to the boards, we do have a few guys though.

kassia
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 10:26 PM  
Jett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldy_solana View Post
i
TWO gyms? two different types of gyms or are they typical gyms.
One gym is right around the corner from where I live and is open 24 hours a day, and, while pretty basic, I use it a lot. The other is a very affordable option at my workplace, which is a university. The university gym has it all--sauna, hot tub, indoor track, swimming pool,cardio and weight machines, fitness classes.
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 10:36 PM  
dmhammy

Jett, We have a few men but more can only be better lol. I have Lauren's dvd and Pavel's book. I have AOS Enter The Kettlebell Workbook based on Pavel's book. Art Of Strength makes great kettlebell dvds by the way Have you tried The Pit workouts yet? They are the bomb, I at least think so. My son turned me onto them because he's really into MMA and John trains MMA fighters.

Dawn

Yes I admit it, I'm addicted to fitness. I guess I need a 12 step program or maybe just 12 good steps to jog up and down on

2/260
dmhammy is offline   Reply With Quote