Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-15, 01:08 AM  
sugar rose

Scorpio6 - thank you so much for sharing something so personal!
Yaya - I hope you can keep your spirits up and feel better soon!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 10:26 AM  
yaya

Thank you for sharing, Scorpio6. You're right, that there's nothing overly dramatic going on with this breakup (lack to time to spend together due to conflicting schedules was the main impetus for the split), but it's nice to know specific stories of someone else's survival. It helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqi A View Post
I'm sad for you, but this is a nice thread . VF can be comforting.
I totally agree. I feel loved.
Old 05-27-15, 02:47 PM  
Suzan66

Yoga For Stress Relief's "Serenity in Stillness" always works wonders for me. Just makes me feel like everything is going to be ok.. no matter what the situation. xx
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 05:06 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
Yoga For Stress Relief's "Serenity in Stillness" always works wonders for me. Just makes me feel like everything is going to be ok.. no matter what the situation. xx
Is that Gentle Yoga?

The only Gentle Yoga I actually have on DVD is Jillian Pransky. She is the only I have trusted so far to lead me in it. That is a fact.

I'm only 60 but I've got a lot of medical concerns ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 05:17 PM  
Suzan66

Yes, very gentle and very calming. You may also like Rainbeau Mars' Pure Tranquility.. it is absolute bliss. All seated.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 06:16 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

(((Hugs)))

I'm sorry you're going through this tough time! Be kind and gentle to yourself in this particular time!

For me when I'm emotionally & physically low/drained, I tend to something like Leslie's walks (even if it's just 1 mile, many times it turns into 2 and I feel better afterwards) or listening to music while walking outdoors.

Once I feel a bit better, something like kickboxing or Turbo Jam is certainly that helps lighten my mood.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 06:43 PM  
JulieIL

I'm so sorry- sending you hugs and positive, healing thoughts.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 09:02 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya View Post
My boyfriend broke up with me yesterday. Knowing myself, I know this will mean little sleep or food for the foreseeable future. Because of that I won't have energy for any strenuous exercise. Any suggestions for any specific (i.e., not simply "yoga" or "walking") workouts that might help me through this time?

I'm really hurting right now.
I'm recently went through something similar but was broken up with over a text. It gets better as time goes on. Kickboxing and buti yoga have been my main stays . Do what you feel like doing that day. Don't be too strict (((( hugs)))))
Old 05-27-15, 09:41 PM  
ncl

Yaya, sorry you are going through this! I have been through it myself many times over the years and it pretty much sucks. Like you, I don't have much of an appetite. I would just allow myself to come home, lie on the couch and watch some TV series that I could escape to and cry my eyes out as much as I needed (I am definitely a crier). I would do this for as long as it took. When I did eat or make myself eat, I would try to eat healthy because you might as well. Sometimes, it was easier to eat when a friend or family member ate with me. And lots of talking to the friends. I don't think I worked out much but when i did something like walking outside if nice or workouts that were favorites. If I were to go through it again now, I think I'd dig into some yoga.

Take excellent care of yourself! (((HUGS)))
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-15, 05:01 PM  
marya

Yaya, you may find this amusing, but now that I'm long past all that, I sometimes miss the days of breakups and drama. Yes, it's the drama I miss...Not that I'd necessarily want to repeat those experiences.

One thing that helped me, way back then, was to meditate for a few minutes every day on how I ultimately wanted to feel--not hating, loving, longing for, or regretting the lost love, but free of afflictive emotions and open to all life. Often I'd find a picture or a song that symbolized the way I wanted to feel. That sort of meditation (plus journaling) would become my anchor in the storm.

As far as exercise is concerned, perhaps you could commit to a 10-Minute Solution program. It would get your energy moving without making heavy demands on you when you're feeling vulnerable. We can usually muster the will to do 10 minutes of anything.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote