Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 08-09-14, 12:24 PM  
Libby

Leg/ankle weights

I'm looking for weights that can be put around the ankle or above the knee area. The ones I have now just fit around my ankle but not my knee. Margaret Richard suggests putting them around the knee when doing outer thighs and that seems to work better for me. I think putting them around my ankles when doing outer thighs hurts my hip joint. Any suggestions of weights that can be used on both thigh and ankles?

Thanks!
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 02:29 PM  
melzie

Hi Libby;

I haven't seen any that are for thighs and ankles. The ones for thighs appear to be too long and perhaps too wide for ankles, but I could be wrong. I always wanted some thigh weights though.

I know Margaret Richard's web site has 2 sets of thigh weights - in varying weight amounts. They are a bit pricey, but may be worth it if you think you will use them the rest of your life. There are also some called "Thighaciser" available for half the cost, but no idea of the quality. Also, just google thigh weights and see what you can find. Can't hurt to look, but I don't think they will work for ankles too.

Hope someone that actually has some thigh weights will come along and offer more informed advice.

melzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 05:31 PM  
videofit

I'm sure she's already found her weights but this is for anyone else. I've used this same pair for over twenty years three times a week. A bargain!

I have thinnish thighs so strap one above my knee and one below it. The velcro strap is long enough. However if you have thick thighs go to a sporting goods store to see what your options are and buy on sale or look for a bargain online.
Old 05-25-15, 11:24 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You might also try to buy some velcro to extend the length of the straps, but I mainly just rest the weights on my outer thighs when doing lifts.