Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-15, 11:40 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I tried a salad dressing there that I just can stop eating.

Trader Joe's Greek Style Feta Dressing

It tastes exactly like Caesar dressing but only it's pretty healthy. Made with ingredients you can actually pronounce and only 1g of sugar. I've been using it on salad and wraps. Delicious!!!!

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 12:44 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Cookie Butter Cookies - sandwich cookies made with cookie butter between two butter shortbread cookies.....

.....is there a knock-off of this delectable concoction?

i ask because in Hawaii, we are TJD - - -TJ deprived.

i've known about the cookie butter, but my sister in law just came back with a small box of these sandwich cookies. OMG!

i know there's recipes on the internet to make the cookie butter, and even a knock-off of the butter (Bischoff at walmart). and there's so many easy butter shortbread cookie recipes....but i'm too lazy to make these by hand.

http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post...ndwich-cookies

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-15, 08:02 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

@Pie - The Feta dressing is really good. I like to thicken it up with just a tad bit of Greek yogurt and use as a veggie dip.

I came across the Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar and added it to a plain old salad for dinner this evening -- wow! It packs quite a flavor punch and a little goes a long way. I keep seeing all these different recipes for marinades and dressings, but it is so good on its own I am afraid of using it with anything else.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-15, 03:15 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo View Post
I came across the Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar and added it to a plain old salad for dinner this evening -- wow! It packs quite a flavor punch and a little goes a long way. I keep seeing all these different recipes for marinades and dressings, but it is so good on its own I am afraid of using it with anything else.
Thanks for posting this! I ended up picking it up and it is delicious. My husband even commented on how good it was, when I used it to make a salad dressing. I might try it on chicken or fish next.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 08:28 PM  
sherry7899

Is that dressing in the refrigerated section? I meant to look for it today, but the name of it slipped my mind while I was in the store. Thanks!

Oops- I guess it would be shelved with other vinegars? I hardly ever look in that section.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-15, 11:14 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Oops, wrong thread....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15, 03:02 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Thanks for posting this! I ended up picking it up and it is delicious. My husband even commented on how good it was, when I used it to make a salad dressing. I might try it on chicken or fish next.
Good to hear! I started getting adventurous and am now using the vinegar as a base for salad dressings. I tried this one:
http://accordingtolara.com/2013/06/l...essing-recipe/

I liked it, but will use less garlic in the future.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 06:25 PM  
videofit

I haven't bought any protein bars in years, mainly because of the expense. I was making my own for a while and my own version of Larabars. I spotted the Power Crunch Protein Energy bars and OMG! So delicious and light. No stomach ache afterward, which I usually get with other protein bars. These are made with whey and are light, like those wafer cookies. 14g protein and 200 calories.

Amazon sellers have them but I will have to see what a box costs at TJs. If you buy at Amazon through VF this forum gets money but I forget how to do it. Might be a link somewhere.
Old 06-09-15, 08:57 AM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I haven't bought any protein bars in years, mainly because of the expense. I was making my own for a while and my own version of Larabars. I spotted the Power Crunch Protein Energy bars and OMG! So delicious and light. No stomach ache afterward, which I usually get with other protein bars. These are made with whey and are light, like those wafer cookies. 14g protein and 200 calories.

Amazon sellers have them but I will have to see what a box costs at TJs. If you buy at Amazon through VF this forum gets money but I forget how to do it. Might be a link somewhere.
I love those Protein Crunch. It's like eating a cookie wafer, so light, and high in protein.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 12:42 AM  
videofit

I have been addicted to the Uncured Black Forest Bacon. Bacon and eggs are my favorite breakfast. I never liked bacon before but it had been that crappy supermarket stuff.

I've been buying TJs bottle of heavy cream but forgot to get some for the strawberries so popped into the local supermarket to buy the ultra pasteurized cream. Now I remember why I stopped buying that stuff. Takes forever to whip compared to TJs which literally takes about twenty seconds and tastes fresher and richer.

I heard that Whole Foods is going into competition with TJs by opening '365' (their house brand) stores. This shall be interesting!

Tags
french press, mold, trader joe's