Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-03, 10:56 AM  
sandiegofirmie

Cathe Cardio and Weights

I'm really interested in this workout and I would prefer the DVD but I'm not interested in Imax2 (I can't handle Cathe cario) I read that Cardio and Weights is not as intense (cardio) so maybe I should just get the VHS. Will I be missing much (besides Imax2) if I go with the VHS vs the DVD?

thanks
maria
sandiegofirmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 12:01 PM  
roz

I always prefer to order DVD when it is available, but in your case I would say just get the VHS. You do have the option of doing weights only or cardio only or some other (less useful) premixes with the dvd, but the price difference is too great to justify getting the DVD. Also, if you find that you do not like Cardio and Weights it will probably be easier to get an equitable trade for it. I have found that when I have tried to trade Cathe DVDs, the offers I get are nowhere near an equivalent value.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 12:43 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I have the VHS version, and love it. I do it straight through, and think the way it's set up, this is the best way to do it, anyway, so don't see how you'd get that much value out of the DVD options to make it worth the price.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 04:33 PM  
gamber

If you don't like Cathe cardio, I think it's fair to warn you that the step sections, although very fun, are not brainless step, there is some choreography in there.
gamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 04:46 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

The only thing you'll miss is the premixes... cardio only, weight only, lower body only and upper body (if I'm not mistaken those are all). You can check the premixes in the Combination, Modification and Rotation forum. My suggestion is to get a used VHS copy from the swapmeet. If you think you'll like the workout and want to do the premixes, then go for the DVD.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 08:34 PM  
TerryMia

Hi Maria!

If I were you, I'd get the DVD. I felt exactly the same way you do a few months ago. I was interested in Cardio & Weights because I'd heard the cardio wasn't as intense (especially choreographically, since I'd always considered myself challenged in that area! lol). I was undecided as to whether or not to get the VHS or DVD version...I went ahead and got the DVD and am SO glad I did. I got C & W down pretty quickly and was thrilled (since the only other step tape of Cathe's I'd tried was Mega Step Blast and had only done that one a couple of times). Soon I was just loving it and doing it all the time...lol...eventually, I started trying just the 1-5 intervals premix of IMAX2...thought I'd never be able to do it the first couple of times but I'd say by the third time I had it nailed and I was ecstatic! Kept at it and it didn't take long at all until I could do all of it and then I was really thrilled! Now I'm wanting to do it all the time. If it wasn't for the fact that I just got my Body Blast DVDs and am loving them, I'd order the Terminator DVD (which I will do eventually, lol). Anyway, to try and make this long story short(er)...I say go for the DVD! If I can learn (and thoroughly enjoy) the cardio on both C & W and IMAX2, anyone can! Not to mention all the premixes, which really are worth the purchase.
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 06:56 AM  
dnna

I bought the VHS version and then upgraded to the dvd. My rec to you is to purchase the dvd, I found I really enjoy the options,you can do the cardiio only and tag that onto another tape, or just the weights after another cardio-makes it fun and shakes things up a bit. hth
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 07:54 AM  
lovemykid

I love it

This is my favorite cardio workout hands down. Great music, great (fairly simple) choreography, great in every way. I would go dvd because you will want this one to last you a lifetime which a VHS will not do. Also, I long for the "only cardio" or only weights option from time to time.

It's easy to spend someone elses money, isn't it?

By the way, you may also find yourself pleasantly surprised by how fantastic IMAX 2 is, even if you're like me and don't think you could ever handle it. I bet you can!

Lisa
lovemykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 09:02 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Re: I love it

Quote:
Originally posted by lovemykid
I would go dvd because you will want this one to last you a lifetime which a VHS will not do.

Lisa
That's a very good point, and I hadn't thought of it at all.

I got mine in a trade, so it was more or less free, since I already had the tape I traded away for it, and that's what I based the "get the VHS" suggestion on. They're available on eBay fairly often as more people upgrade to DVD. BUT, like you said, it is one I'd like to keep, so DVD may be in my future, although I don't think I'd ever be up to IMAX!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote