Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-16-21, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

LWR (Lucy Wyndham Read) Total Body Sculpt on YT
38 minute outdoor walk

The LWR was a short total body workout with body weight but I liked it well enough.
I would have walked a little longer but the freezing drizzle kept clouding up my glasses but it was a nice walk anyway. I'm hoping for a walk later today. It's raining now and I have some appointments this afternoon but I'll try to fit it in.

NORA, sorry about the boring workouts but at least you're moving. I'm hoping the shoulder did better after yesterday's workout.

Since we're a small check-in with not a lot of posts I was wondering if maybe we don't need a new thread every month? Maybe we could change it seasonally, every 3 months, or even every 6 months? It doesn't matter to me either way, I don't mind doing the new check-in monthly, I just thought it might not be necessary since it's a small thread. Thoughts?

Waves to all. Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 05:12 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - I agree that we don't need to start a new thread every month. I would be fine with a seasonal check-in or whatever you decide, since you seem to be the one tasked with the chore!

Today, I did Hip Hop Walk (Amy Bento). I added the step in a few places and subtracted the hip hop in others. Then, I did a mile with Lesley. My shoulder now seems to be OK with this. Happy to report that today is the first day that I didn't take a pain killer. It's still sore, but I can cope with it.

SB- A YT workout! nice.
Old 02-17-21, 09:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

38 minute outdoor walk

It was a gorgeous day yesterday and I would have walked longer but I got a late start so I needed to cut it short a little.
I have a cut and color this morning and I usually don't like to workout afterwards but I doubt I'll be sweating much today during a walk since it's pretty cold out so I may go for it.

NORA, good news that the shoulder is holding up during workouts and less pain too.

Ok I'll try for a seasonal check-in and see how it goes.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 02-18-21, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

44 minute outdoor walk

Probably no walking today. The snow has started and should be going all day today and tomorrow.

Stay well everyone!
Old 02-18-21, 01:51 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I hope that pp is okay, with the storm and power loss. I’m worried about her.

Today, I did some Marcus Irwin hi/lo and a Lesley mile also. Yesterday, I got outside and walked just around my property for 40 minutes. It felt great to get outside finally

Sb, good thing you have a neighbour with a snowblower this winter!
Old 02-19-21, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workouts yesterday but I did more snow shoveling and worked up a sweat. It was only about 3 or 4 inches but still. It's snowing again this morning but I don't think it will amount to too much more. It will still require shoveling later though.

NORA, yes good thing about the neighbor with the snowblower.
He came through again yesterday too. Glad you finally got to walk outside!

I hope PENGUIN is ok too.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-19-21, 06:52 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, Trust me we can't believe these temps either. Its been this cold down here before but not for so long and this is the most snow I've seen down here also. You know I have to set a reminder for the monthly checkin change, if you change to a different system you may have to send me reminders or else I'll be stuck on a different month. 6 months might be the best option. Less chance of me on my own for long, Ha Ha! Glad to see that you are getting some walks in {or out}

Nora, I'm sorry to hear about your boring workouts. I agree with you on Ellen's workouts, she is very sweet but all those plies are just too much, yawn! Very glad to hear that your shoulder is okay with less pain. Are you wearing some kind of sling or brace?

We may have a problem tonight, the sun has been shining all day, melting the snow, we got above freezing, and then our low is going to be 10*. so all the water on the roads is going to refreeze into black ice. Hubby is going to be driving back home from work in this! We haven't lost power yet but have a few options if we do. Also, we are boiling our drinking water because of all the main water pipes having burst.

stay warm!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 09:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

100 kettlebell swings
snow shoveling

I counted the shoveling as a workout because it really is! A total body cardio/weight workout . I was going to walk after shoveling but I felt I had done enough. Plus it started snowing again.
Now I have another coating of snow this morning. The sun is out so I'm hoping that it takes care of the rest of the snow.
I am looking forward to a nice outdoor walk today hopefully.

PENGUIN, wow you're really having a tough time your way with the winter weather.
I hope the power stays on and I hope the temps warm up soon. I may try a seasonal check-in or I can just wait til the summer and switch over then. I will definitely come over and get you if you are still here in the old check-in

Waves to all. Stay safe and warm!
Old 02-21-21, 01:02 AM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, so far our power has stayed on {I type with trepidation to it going out because I typed that! :P}. the boiling water isn't that bad, I have a huge 10quart pot I've saved for emergencies, but never used before. I always figured if things got really bad I could heat chili or stew in it over a campfire. OK, Hubby would be the one out there but still! I'm glad it finally came in handy. I bought it early in our marriage when I wanted to try canning but never did.

Hubby said the roads were icy but passable last night. I'm hoping the same for tonight. Its finally gotten above freezing for today, but back down to the 20's tonight. but the temps should stay more normal for the foreseeable future {or shouldn't I have said that, either???}

No workouts to report. Utilities still say to boil water and put of laundry, but that's getting to be a problem.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 10:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

44 minute outdoor walk

A nice chilly but sunny walk yesterday.
I'm planning the same for today. Tomorrow is finally my dr appt that I've waited 2 months for. Thankfully I've been feeling ok but that's a long time to wait for a basic old check-up. And add to that a snow/rain mix tomorrow and I'm not happy.
I hate driving in that slick weather.

PENGUIN, glad the power held up (knock wood). Hopefully your temps normalize.
We're supposed to get into the 40s all week after tomorrow, even though the nights are 20s/30s but that's normal around here for late Feb/early March. Hope you can get to that laundry soon.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!