Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-03-21, 08:56 AM  
sherry7899

I just did Team Body Project Four Corners workout, which was really fun. It was very casual and Daniel made mistakes with cuing, but that is fine. I will do some short yoga now.

I think we got about eight inches of snow. A very kind friend drove a half hour to come help my son dig us out . He even made a playlist of my husband's favorite music for them to listen to while shoveling. He is such a sweetheart.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick check-in. I took advantage of the snow day and had a housework blitz, with rests to invert and stretch my back.

Sherry - we got almost ten inches. It is snowing again now, very pretty flakes that thankfully are not sticking! I am so happy a friend came over to help you out.

Beth - I enjoyed your meditation on contentment this morning and enjoyed it very much. I love the elusive cat! I'm trying to meditate on contentment after meals in an effort to stop feeding my gob and snacking all afternoon at work.

Pam, thank you for the feedback on the pranayama bolster. I am visualizing exactly how to use my rectangular, pranayama and blocks for sleeping swan. Good job on your CS level 4 oral exam!!

Everyone have a happy and healthy day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 09:39 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, glad you liked the cat analogy! I had saved that article from Yoga Journal for a long time because that resonated with me. Lasater has a great way of putting things; I highly recommend her book Living Your Yoga if you haven't read it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 09:49 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, glad you found a fun workout! And that was very kind and thoughtful of your friend; stay warm.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-03-21, 11:07 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Yin Yoga for Low Back & Hip Pain (PsycheTruth)

Pam, congrats on passing your Essentrics Level 4 exam!

Pat, let us know which bolster you end up buying.

Sherry, I love hearing that your friend came over to help shovel the snow.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 11:47 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone! I’ve got one more hurdle to jump before I can officially say I’m Level 4 certified, but I’m almost there.

Sherry- I’m so glad you have such supportive friends!

Pat - When I use two bolsters for sleeping swan I start by straddling the bigger one on my knees, like hero’s pose. Then I put one leg across in front on top of the bolster, making sure my calf is centered. The other leg goes behind me along the floor and this takes pressure off my knee. I have two blocks stacked about 8 or 10 inches in front of the bolster. I put the smaller bolster on my lap and out on top of the blocks for support. Then I come forward over it and rest. My arms can go in the space between the bolster & the blocks. It’s heavenly. Does that make sense?

This morning I’m teaching a beginner Essentrics class on zoom for a few old friends in Calgary & Winnipeg who’ve never done it before. Should be fun!
Back later to post my workouts......

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:33 PM  
Garrie A.

We're in February! Here's how my week has been so far:

Sunday (1/31):
The Firm Cross-Trainers: Firm Strength

This is not just my favorite Firm workout, but one of my all time favorite workouts period. I love Pam's calm demeanor, the methodical pace, and how the workout is sequenced. Surprisingly, I didn't have any DOMS except for a little bit in my triceps. I used to have tricep DOMS for days when I used to do this one often.

Monday (2/1):
TAUGHT Cardio class
Cathe's Rhythmic Step

For cardio I did a mish-mosh of kickbox and hi-lo. I didn't have to go into my bookstore job today (we were closed due to snow). I was in the mood to step, so I picked Rhythmic Step. It always puts a smile on my face, even though I'm not a cardio junkie. LOL!

Tuesday (2/2):
Cathe's Muscle Max
TAUGHT HiiT Class

Muscle Max is another favorite. I used the same weights as Cathe used (except for barbell rows, where I went heavier) and felt very challenged. Today I have some light DOMS all over my upper body and not much in my lower (even though my legs were trembly afterwards). When I teach HiiT, I do more coaching than doing, since I need energy for my own workouts and it's the students' workout and not mine. I did a mix of plyo, weighted cardio, and mixed impact cardio moves (some low, some high--with options to take it either way).

Today (2/3):
TAUGHT senior fitness class
Unplanned active rest day

I had to get up earlier than usual, due to having to teach early this morning. The college was operating on a two-hour delay, and I decided to use that hour to go by Walmart and get an air fryer. My parents got me a two-quart for Christmas (and I it). While I will continue to use it, I need a bigger one to cook meals in. When I got home from work, I ended up taking a long nap. My body told me it needed one. Then I did a little work on some step combos I'm working for next time I teach step. I'm wanting to surprise my students and do some double step. Still got over 10,000 steps for the day--which is great!

Back in a second with personals...
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:39 PM  
Garrie A.

Beth: Thanks for starting us off! I've actually done a drum exercise section in one of my senior fitness classes. It's been a very long time since then, though. They loved it! Here we got about 4 inches of snow last weekend.

Pam: Congrats on getting close to Level 4!

Sherry: That is so sweet of your friend to help shovel the snow.

Paine: Yes, I agree with Pam that every movement counts. And don't be so hard on yourself; I consider myself an advanced exerciser and BB makes me want to cry. Mary Helen is a machine!

Cyana: The sun finally came out in my area today. It was so nice to see after being so cloudy (and windy!) the past few days.

Waves all around!
CLX 6/19-9/19

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Old 02-03-21, 08:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, cool that you taught drumming to seniors! Did you use exercise balls like in that clip? I thought that was a good idea. I should see if I could get that Firm workout from the library to try.

Pam, hope your friends enjoyed Essentrics!

Paine, I might try that yoga you did today tomorrow; my low back is feeling just a wee bit tight today.

Pat, thank you again for sharing about the Bellyfit Embodied Goddess - I did the second routine tonight and loved it!

Waving to everyone else - hope this Hump Day has gone smoothly for all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-03-21, 08:57 PM  
Garrie A.

Oops
CLX 6/19-9/19

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!