Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-28-20, 06:26 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Chest and Tris... DONE!
Body Beast legs... DONE!
Body Beast Back and Bis... DONE!

I don't think I've ever gotten this far behind! Life sometimes takes over though. I really pushed myself on chest and back Sunday, and I felt it! I ended up taking a 2 hour nap on Sunday, so my day was kinda taken over by church then sleeping. Kills the day.

Legs I did my version of legs. My knee is feeling much better, still gets stiff if I bend it too long or straighten it too long, but it's feeling better. I took my time, watched cathe doing a plyo legs in STS, and decided that totally was not for me. I guess leg workouts will always be something I either do with the Firm, or do on my own. I am not a fan of plyo legs.

Back and Bis, I had fun and worked hard on this one too. I am loving how these workouts are feeling right now! I am watching other workouts while I do my workout, and I am really enjoying that. It's kinda motivating. I watched Cathe do a back, tris and something else workout (I don't remember what else), and it was fun whenever our workouts lined up.

My workouts are lasting about an hour, with warm up and cool down. I find myself changing my speed of my lifts with the music, and listening to her tips. It's just fun and I am really feeling the workouts!

LB and I had a day yesterday of nothing going on, yesterday we went sledding for the afternoon then played with a friend. It was a busy day! We didn't get home until about 8pm, and for the next 2 days she is in a homeschool day camp so I will be getting stuff done.

She also has a birthday party, plus halloween this week. It's gonna be busy!!

Today will probably be a cardio or a Firm day. I have shoulders to round out my BB week, and I need that rest/cardio between the day after day of muscle work, and my shoulder exclusive work. The shoulders get worked in all of it anyhow!

Eventmom: We had snow (only about 4-5") which has set us back on the garage. But at least we got the concrete!! DH is talking about the sealing of the foundation, doing drainage, dirt, etc... I am thinking "BUILD HIGHER!" In the 10 day there is no more snow, so hopefully we can get a lot done!! Including build higher!!! I don't want to be building with 25 pound blocks in the freezing temperatures, smashing my fingers and not realizing it until my hands thaw. Let's get this done.

Everyone I am talking to is mentioning a complete shut down coming soon for Colorado. We'll see what happens, but I think most people at this point are kinda over the shutdowns. We will mask up and sanitize and do what we can, but I think people are getting "covid fatigue". I am for sure. We know many people that have had it (it spread through our valley seemingly), and it is hitting most people as a bad head cold with body aches, fatigue, and in some cases a rash. However they have all recovered, even some with health issues. Not worth the shut down in my opinion. I think if people want to quarantine, they should, however if people don't want to, especially if they've had it, let them live!!! Just my opinion. I know you, eventmom, have a different one and that's totally fine! We will see what happens.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 08:24 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi All!

Catching up from last week:

Saturday-Cathe Step Boss PH3 workout. As I've been doing more Cathe's, my Firms have been feeling easier, so I decided to pull out a Cathe for my long strength day. I did the bonus ab workout for a tough 64 minute workout! I loved this one!

Sunday-I wanted a break from Pure Barre so I did Firm G-Force cardio warm up then did Barlates Overload Training-Chisel and it was a very good workout.

Mon-Tues-planned rest days

Today-I had to get a really early start because I'll be out of the house most of the day, so I pulled out a Firm Express (haven't done those in years LOL) Cycle 3-sculpt with Allison because I remember she uses kettlebell-like moves, and then i had a little more time so I pulled out the Zip trainer cardio 2 workout also with Allison, with more bursts and got in a great 35 minute HIIT workout!

Eventmom I haven't done any TLT workouts in a long time, and despite Susan leading, didn't remember liking Finding Your Core all that much. But it was a pretty good workout? I may have to revisit it soon! I remember liking Tracie's two workouts the most, and that Jen's was also okay.

Buzzer I'll let you know about any Cathe workouts with cardio in them!! I am looking for a lot of oldies so I'll let you know!

I'm so glad LB is wanting to work out with you!!

No news yet for me, each day I'm like Ugh one day at a time.
Old 10-28-20, 02:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - janis kickbutt kickbox - this is the only janis I hung onto in my post-TA purge
today - ravi & ana purify & cleanse and a CS stretch episode

buzzer - we didn't get snow only ice but fortunately the ice is gone but they are power outages in Oklahoma City and Norman. We've been fine but no classes again today because too many don't have power.

ebianco - I liked finding your core more than I remembered. I actually like Jen's the most of the TLT series. I didn't keep either of Tracy's LOL. but in most of her DVDs I find she cues late which gets to me!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 05:37 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Crunch Time with Susan... DONE!

I was looking for something more recovery since I was sore through all my muscles, and just wanted light cardio type work. I didn't have a review little sheet of paper inside this DVD, probably because of the circumstances of it's arrival, so I decided to do it.

It was fun! Good for a recovery day. She works the legs quite a bit, doing step ups then little one leg squats for the same leg. Plus lots of plie squats. It was a good workout. I used 5's for the whole thing, which was good for a sore day. I got out of breath, but it seemed like just when I was getting more out of breath than I was comfortable with, she dialed it back again. The abs were short! Good for a recovery workout, not good for a general workout. I would have been disappointed had I wanted a real good workout!

LB went to homeschool day again, so I dropped her off. Afterwards, my car has been sighing at me when I accelerate, and when I got back to town (thankfully it didn't happen in the deep foothills!) it started whistling at me when I accelerated. Then it whistled the whole time I was driving and was acting real squirrley. The dealership couldn't get me in until Monday, and my mechanic looked at it and said he wouldn't feel safe with me driving highway speeds in it and don't wait. So I dropped it off at the dealership and got a rental. It's a cute rental, but I am tired of not having my own car. I told the dealership guy that last time I left I didn't want to be back until after the new year. Hopefully they cut me some slack and don't charge me an arm and a leg!!

I'm tired of car drama. I love my car, but I am getting tired of not feeling like it's sturdy anymore. I don't like worrying that it won't start, and I don't like that it's spent probably 4 weeks out of the last 4 months in the dealership getting fixed for problems my mechanic can't work on (turbo, computer stuff, or the collision when the old lady hit me..... twice).

Anyhow, today LB is back at the homeschool day, and I have some errands to run. It's kinda nice doing them on my own!!

However, the puppy chewed up my computer charge cord yesterday, so LB and I took the evening to go to the apple store. We had a BLAST. We walked around the outdoor mall, told jokes, cracked up ourselves and other people. We went to the costume store and got DH a sign that looks like those black and orange "Yes! We are open!" and "Sorry! We're Closed!" signs, but it says "Open! for Victims!" on one side and "Sorry! We're Dead!" on the other. We cracked up so hard over that so we got it for him. he actually said he'd use it!

Eventmom: I'd rather have snow than ice. I know they usually go together, but whenever the ice is by itself, I hate it!! I was surprised at how few power outages we had with this snow. There's still leaves on the trees and that usually means tree branches on the power lines. Sorry you guys are going through ice and power outages! But yay for no classes!

Ebianco: I haven't done a Firm Express in forever! I found a set for $15 and got one for me and for my sister. My sister and I used to do Firm's in my parents' basement together. I doubt she ever used it, but I thought it was a fun, short, intense workout! Another to put in my mind to do again. I remember liking those.

Hopefully you guys get resolution on your DH's thing soon! So much stress. Just get rid of it! October is almost over though, which from what I understand from you is good! We are praying for you!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-29-20, 12:10 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA hip 2.6 day 1 + charlene prickett

buzzer - I think time crunch is my favorite Susan Harris workout. not too hard, not too easy. the ice is gone,but some people still don't have power or internet. They are having classes back today but some students don't have power or internet so no telling.

hi Ebianco!
Old 10-30-20, 07:12 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Shoulders... DONE!

I worked hard, of course. By the time I get to the "Sagi 6 way" I am spent! I had to mentally talk myself through doing all the reps. Tough workout!

Today I will probably do a yoga or a stretch. It's been a while since I did a classical stretch, so I was contemplating that. I also was reading the Callanetics thread and thought, I love Callanetics! I might do one of those! I don't know. I'll see how I feel when I get out there!

My car thankfully is a less expensive fix (so far). They are fixing a leaking antifreeze tank and a seal. Hopefully it fixes it, but I am confused how that would trigger the "intelitrak" and the squirrly=ness of the car.

Body Beast Shoulders... DONE!

I worked hard, of course. By the time I get to the "Sagi 6 way" I am spent! I had to mentally talk myself through doing all the reps. Tough workout!

Today I will probably do a yoga or a stretch. It's been a while since I did a classical stretch, so I was contemplating that. I also was reading the Callanetics thread and thought, I love Callanetics! I might do one of those! I don't know. I'll see how I feel when I get out there!

My car thankfully is a less expensive fix (so far). They are fixing a leaking antifreeze tank and a seal. Hopefully it fixes it, but I am confused how that would trigger the "intelitrak" and the squirrly=ness of the car. She said they take it out for a test drive, even on the highway, so they'll know if that didn't fix it. Looks like I have the rental until Monday.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-31-20, 07:51 AM  
Buzzer

I had a heck of a time with posting yesterday. Just kept getting error 500 messages. Hopefully it resolves and I can post again! I am gonna try to repost my check in from yesterday, however if I can't, hopefully I will be able to get back to posting at least!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-31-20, 10:00 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Halloween!

Catching up from this week:

Thursday-Fitprime Killer Weights compilation workout. I haven't done this one in a long time, and I remember it being "killer" the last time I did it but that was also because I wasn't doing many Firm/Fitprime style workouts at that time. My notes said it was heavier on the lower body than upper, and it was, but there was some great upper body work in it too. It didn't necessarily have all my favorite segments, but it had many of them from Strong Bear and Push Pull, and it is not particularly a favorite but good for variety and probably tougher than any of the original workouts it was made from!

Friday-I was pretty spent from my previous workout, had a lot of leg DOMS from the Fitprime, so I pulled out Firm BSS2 Cardio Killer with Nancy Tucker, a workout I used to love but haven't done in a LONG time (like close to 10 years per my notes?!) I took it easy and gave it about 75% effort and got a good sweat going, and did enjoy it a lot, stopped about halfway through, which is fine as Friday is my active recovery day. Then I pulled out a Rodney Yee relaxing yoga stretch for an overall 40 minute workout.

Today-Cathe Low Impact Series, Afterburn. Wow this was one TOUGH workout! It definitely has a reputation of being really challenging on GD, and it delivered. It was HIIT and metabolic strengthening. I added some more upper body work in lieu of some of the leg work, to make it a more complete total body, and it already felt like overkill on my legs so my changes made it more even. I loved it! I was really huffing and puffing. In fact my DH asked me if I had been out running, I guess because my face was beet red. So definitely a keeper.

Tomorrow either a Barlates or Pure Barre, not sure what I'll feel like yet. Then two well earned rest days!

Eventmom I haven't thought about Janis and her kickboxing workouts in a really long time! I remember having that workout on VHS LOL.

Eventmom and Buzzer I really like Crunch Time as well-both the Susan Harris and Tamela Hastie versions. I agree that 10 minutes of the overall 45 minute workout is all yoga stretch so there's only about 35 minutes of real AWT style work, but I do like the exercises and LOVE the music in this one. The Tamela Hastie workout is definitely one of my all time favorite workouts, guaranteed to make me happy. There's just something really special about it Susan's version is awesome as well, but Tamela infuses a goofiness that for whatever reason seems to really work for me "Calling all muscle fibers" "Make it sporty" whatever that means LOL and "Say HA" (when you are doing roundhouse kicks) make me laugh every time. I agree it is very skimpy on the ab work.

Buzzer I've also been thinking of pulling out Classical Stretch lately. I have cycled through many other stretchy workouts and can't seem to find something that truly jives with me right now, so may just go back to that one 1029 episode that always makes me feel great after.

Sorry you had so many posting errors!
Old 11-01-20, 04:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA hip 2.6 days 2-4. Added on cardio - 20-25 min each day.

oklahoma is now thawed out and in the 60s but 400,000 power outages were recorded and as of yesterday 175,000 were still without power. I would really rather deal with snow.

Buzzer - I hate it when my checkin gets crashed! glad you car repair was less expensive than expected!

ebianco - now you made me want the Tamela version of crunch time!
Old 11-01-20, 06:59 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Sunday-I finished my workout week with about 20 minutes of my youtube Zumba mix and then Pure Barre Resistance Series #2, the entire workout for an overall 70 minute workout. I was pretty sore from Afterburn yesterday so I really felt the Pure Barre today, I was sweating bullets!!

Monday and Tuesday were planned rest days.

Today-Fitprime Crunch Time with Tamela. As I mentioned before, I really love this one! Perfect workout since I'm feeling sightly under the weather today (physically and emotionally-ugh) and a great pick me up, worked me hard but not too hard.

Eventmom Yeah I really recommend the Tamela version! The workout is sequenced somewhat differently, and some of the exercises are (subtly) different and I think it's worth having both!

Buzzer Waves!

We had one tricker treater for Halloween. We weren't sure what to expect so put a bowl of candy on the porch (I could tell who showed up from my ring doorbell camera), and the one that came was very polite and took just one piece. She should have taken the whole bowl LOL