Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-26-21, 05:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Oh and i totally forgot .....

The best part about Wednesday's 60 minute Power Zone ride????

I MADE A NEW RECORD!!!

Because I ride consistently, I don't have many records any more. So far in this challenge? I've made 2 new ones.

I am proud as can be because I averaged OVER 20 mph for the entire hour. I have been trying to do this FOREVER. and I FINALLY achieved it.

GO ME!!!!

Ok. Carry on.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 01:58 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - congratulations on the new record! That is pretty impressive!
Waves to Helen & Pam!

2/24 - dog walk and Peloton
5 Min. Warm Up Ride
20 Min. Low Impact Ride w/ Sam Yo (I picked this because I liked the playlist)
10 Min. Core Strength w/ Rebecca Kennedy
5 Min. Lower Body Stretch w/ Ben Aldris
2/25 - Jessica's Cardio Mat Fusion
not much sleep and just a general down mood, so nothing else
2/26 - Brand Fitness - 80's Walking Workout (this was new to me on Youtube, she doesn't talk during the workout and some songs I really liked, but the sound quality wasn't good.)
Then I spent 30 minutes trying to get either Barre3 or GHU to play. I even upgraded my Chromecast App, and I finally got the picture, but no sound! I needed to step away, may go back later and see if it works.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 11:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 26:
~9km harbour walk with DH, my Sister, & my BIL
~Long luxurious yin yoga session while I listened to an audio book

Cleda - Congrats on your new record!

Lili - I looked at that YT walking channel & it looks great. I look forward to trying it out.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 03:03 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
Congratulations!!!

Here's me being honest:
At first, I thought you said you were RUNNING at over 20mph, for a whole hour, and I was agonizing over if/how to let you know that something's wrong with your treadmill readout. Then..... I realised..... PELETON - duh! facepalm.....

LILI
Reading through your doings, so many names I had no idea - hoping they're from Peleton, sighed with relief at Jessica's Cardio Mat Fusion (have that one). Hope the down mood didn't last. The tech problems on Friday didn't help though, I'm sure!

Bridget is truly enjoying the work/study. Her supervisors are super pleased with her and doing their best to ensure she gets a scholarship for her Ph.D. Yes - proud, but will be more relieved when she finally lands a serious job after all of this.

PAM
How nice to walk the harbour with family. 9km is a good long one too.

Can't thank you enough for kicking off the Sadhana!! Stopped posting in the thread, but I get home from work, make coffee & have it in the gym as I pull out the next vid (currently Adriene's Revolution) & change clothes. It forms that break between work and home - which makes me FAR less likely to do ANY work at home - which is a wonderful thing. And Lili is getting inspired as well!! We'll get Cleda in eventually. She's just in denial at the moment.

I'm only a couple of days behind.

Thu., 25th Feb.
27min, Adriene - Revolution - Day 10 Thoughtful
30+ min dog walk, missed timing it
Fri., 26th Feb.
29min, Adriene - Revolution - Day 11 Align
52min, dog walk
buddy cancelled Thurs., never does Frid., so left it at that.
Scales, however, suggested I should NOT have left it, so Saturday will be more robust - buddy has already cancelled, with the promise of Sunday happening for certain.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 07:29 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
CLEDA
Congratulations!!!

Here's me being honest:
At first, I thought you said you were RUNNING at over 20mph, for a whole hour, and I was agonizing over if/how to let you know that something's wrong with your treadmill readout. Then..... I realised..... PELETON - duh! facepalm.....

We'll get Cleda in eventually. She's just in denial at the moment.
OH EM GEE ... this made me smile from ear to ear .....
Wrong readout is right.

And Denial is a wonderful place to live and I highly DOUBT you'll ever get me to cross over unless it's for restorative yoga ONLY.

I am so picky about my stretches and all that. I do a lot of stretching (in the past year) more so than ever before and I use my massage gun nightly, so that helps. . . . I love mobility workouts (that i can do). AND I will admit, I can now do walk outs, to planks, to whatever that move is where I bring my hand up to the outside of the knee and then raise the other to the sky (don't tell me it's yoga - it's a STRETCH) and then I come back, do the other side, come back, go into downward dog (to stretch) and then back to plank. So I am making prgoress. But I doubt I'll ever totally cross over. . . (and if I do - do you think I'd ever admit it?)
While I'm here ~~~

waves to all!!!

2/26/2021: Emma's ColdPlay Ride (love, love, love this workout and it survived yet another purge. HALLELUJAH) and then followed with CDE's dead bug abs. I played Occulus at night and got a great sweat on playing Oh Shape! and Beat Saber!

Was a great workout ... Sometimes I just need that ride. And it works.

Gotta go hit the Power Zone ride I've now avoided for 2 days. I promised myself to do it today and then get to my chores. (and before noon!)

Silly computer.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 02-27-21, 07:36 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sorry I'm sideways

And I don't have time to fix me.
So I'll have to do it later.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I swear, I'm not giving anyone the side eye look!

OK ... edited to get me fixed!!!! I couldn't leave me sideways. It was bugging me.
sooooooooo .... from phone to pc to saving ... YAY ... I'm vertical.

Cleda
Old 02-27-21, 09:09 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - another beautiful Avatar!
Pam - another lovely walk!
Helen - more yoga!

Me - hubby helped me figure out the new Chromecast App (it took him a while and I re-potted some plants while he did it). Was able to try another GHU workout, Low Impact Cardio & Core. It was 15 min. of cardio moves, then 15 min. of core work. I also bookmarked Barre3 on the App so I can get to it quickly. And....I made my own rotation using GHU's Walk, Sweat & Sculpt and Jessica's February Fusion interspersed with some spin, run, bounce, walk, barre3 & yoga. I'm hoping this helps with my consistency.
There was also a dog walk.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 10:33 AM  
Vantreesta

Ahhhhhh, but Cleda, what if Peleton came out with a smart yoga mat and you could earn badges for doing active yoga and not just restorative?? I bet they'd get you then!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 12:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 27:
-6 km forest trail walk
~spend a couple of hours working on a new Essentrics routine for Tuesday’s class.

Helen & Lili - I’m happy you’re enjoying yoga! I think Cleda remains a tough hold out though, lol.....but never say never!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 08:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Yoga ... and badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Ahhhhhh, but Cleda, what if Peleton came out with a smart yoga mat and you could earn badges for doing active yoga and not just restorative?? I bet they'd get you then!
ROTFLMAO!!! You know me pretty Well!!! I'm not so sure that would work for me. Although you never know. Like Pam says: Never say NEVER!

and on a side note, I NEVER thought I'd be able to do planks to downward dog and I am now doing that, so ya never know.

Cleda